Home
I am wanting a Sako Pre-Garcia 222 Remington Magnum, Varmint with a Bofors barrel. It has attracted so many other people, that I thought I had better start a diversion thread with the Sako that I will sell to pay for the Varmint gun when I find one.

This is a nice early 461 with a Bofors marked barrel in the 67,000 serial number range. It is for viewing at this time as I won't sell it until I have bought the heavy barrel 222 Mag.

It is the middle gun on the first picture. A complete description will follow with the advertized price.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I hope you get the fat barrel you are looking for. I am going out tonight to buy a Mega-Millions ticket. I will not tell you if I win or not but I am looking forward to you listing this one...
That giant sucking sound must be all the parasites leaving the other thread headed over here...
Everyone, blow hard....
I'll start saving my pennies for that rig. I know where a heavy barrel sits, but the ole man refuses to sell it. 222 mag with beautiful wood and perfect metal. I wish he never showed it to me. I think about it often.
This is all very confusing.
You are not selling a Sako .222 Remington Mag, because you are waiting for a Sako .222 Remington Mag, then you will sell a Sako .222 Remington Mag, if you find one first, the pictures say which one you will sell, if you find it first, and you are crawling with parasites? Have they infected your brain?
I am so confused....I thought this was about varmits...not parasites.
Is there a preffered parasite caliber?
Where I live the preffered parasite caliber is .375 H&H, is it the same where you live?
Parasites can be such a bother....

re
There is a reason you aren't allowed to have a driver's license. This has nothing to do with Sakos, or 222 magnums for that matter. I started the thread and those that have followed know what is going on, it isn't a secret, but then again maybe it is...
Huh ??

It's sorta like......................if we had some ham we could have some ham and eggs if we had some eggs.

Get it?
Originally Posted by sasquatch
Huh ??

It's sorta like......................if we had some ham we could have some ham and eggs if we had some eggs.

Get it?

But in this case, we have skinny eggs but are wanting some big fat ones.

Comprehende? confused
Thanks guys, I knew it wasn't complicated, but a turn of events may have this Sako that isn't for sale, for sale soon. I have got 3 responses on heavy barrels, there is one coming soon, I can feel it...
So how do you like your eggs?
Green with ham...
Shrapnel: I am wondering if "cabin fever" has set in early here in Big Sky Country?
I have two friends hereabouts that are acting a bit strange over the last few days.
Normally the "cabin fever" symptoms don't start showing up til well afet Super-Bowl time.
Maybe the recent profane cold has accelerated things a bit and YOU have been thus afflicted?
I love Sako heavy barrel Varminters and have five of them currently - unfortunately they are not for sale.
And that is the serious thing I want to relay to you - don't sell your 461!
Bite the bullet somehow and come up with the money to get what you want and still keep that other Sako.
The 222 Remington Magnum was/IS a fantastic cartridge - I would not even consider selling either of mine.
What one EARTH was Remington thinking when they quit offering Rifles in this wonderful caliber?
There, this thread has also, officially, been hijacked.
Good luck in your efforts.
BTT
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
What's the round count, on the one that you haven't found?
Anybody that isn't me needs to stop viewing this thread.

This is your only warning.

Travis
Tag

smile
Ok...I have officially stopped viewing this thread, besides, I need to go eat my lunch. Ham and green egg sanwhich....errrr green ham and egg sandwhich, errr....with parasites.
re
Originally Posted by RedElk
I need to go eat my lunch.

You missed lunch (dinner), it's supper time....

Bump just for the hell-of-it.....
Originally Posted by wadevb1
Tag

smile

You're on ignore.

Travis
Originally Posted by aalf

Aalf can view this thread, but he cannot purchase.

Only exception.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by aalf

Aalf can view this thread, but he cannot purchase.

Only exception.

grin

I have stopped viewing the thread. Unless layaway and delivery in May is the only purchase option.
You are still in consideration for that quality trade you offered...
Originally Posted by Levers
I have stopped viewing the thread. Unless layaway and delivery in May is the only purchase option.

You best 340 your way to the Savage forum.

Travis
Originally Posted by Levers

You best 340 your way to the Savage forum.

Travis

I can think of 340 reasons why this thread irritates me.
I can think of 340 reasons Oregon is a liberal schist hole.

Travis
Originally Posted by ringworm
What's the round count, on the one that you haven't found?

I have been reading this post since lunchtime, and I finally get it. Whoowee, am I ever slow...
I can think of 340 reasons Oregon is a liberal schist hole.

Travis

Don't be a flamer.
Wait, what?
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Green with ham...

Green eggs and Spam, Sam I am....

Comin' right up.

Sorry, Travis, I had to go around you.
Derailed...

Back on track:

This isn't it, this is the L-469...

[Linked Image]
gfy?

does that apply here?
Are you still in Kindygarden?

gfy...
Derailed...

Not quite, but right side wheels ain't a touching.....
Third rail?
I will take it!
Originally Posted by emmerth
I will take it!

No.

Travis
How many Sako 222 magnums does one man need? And don't tell me all of them! smile
Originally Posted by Fireball2
How many Sako 222 magnums does one man need? And don't tell me all of them! smile

Between one and 673.

Depending on the individual.

Travis
I need one then. Dang it.

Here is another one...

[Linked Image]
Sweet rigs
Eh, they're okay.

They'd shoot better with mcmillans.
Squirrel......
Sure thing there Slow-B-One-Kanobe.

If Gomer Mcmillan was shooting your guns, they would hit more too...
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I need one then. Dang it.

Good luck with your search.

Travis
Tag
GFY

TTT
'Flave....check your PMs
I think the rifles of interest pre-date a good number of readers here so other than the they only made 67k of the version I want comment they are probably thinking, yeah I don't ever remember seeing a 222 mag.
Exactly..you gotta be kinda "special" to have/want a Pre-Garcia Sako, ESP in a .222 Magnum.

And the fact that ALOT of people can't shoot MAGNUMS effectively should turn most people off from said caliber and rifle. We all know what heavy recoil, etc can do to proper shooting technique....
Originally Posted by joshf303
..you gotta be kinda "special" to have/want a Pre-Garcia Sako, ESP in a .222 Magnum.

Now wait one minute there, is being special a good thing or not such a good thing?

[Linked Image]

Top rifle is a '65 vintage 222mag Vixen, Borfors steel and all baby...

Bottom one, just a run of the mill '78 vintage 223.

hangunnr

I can tell the 222 mag is shot out just from the picture. Do you want to sell it???
Even as I type it I know it's wrong....

What's so special about a 222 Mag ?
No, not for sale at this time.

Just thought some of this threads parasites might want to see an example of what the topic of discussion looks like.

CR
Some people like them, some people don't and others just don't know. I happen to like them.

The 222 Remington was always regarded as the benchmark in accuracy until the 6mm PPC came along. I haven't seen a 222 Mag that wouldn't shoot as well as the 222. They are faster than the 223, more accurate.

They should have been the last word in small high velocity cases, but someone decided they needed a 223 and the 222 Mag sort of slipped off into anonymity.

I like the 220 Swift for the same reason, faster and more accurate than a 22-250, but the 22-250 is still the king of the high velocity 22's.

It is truly a wonderful cartridge and what makes it so special is that it is over 50 years old and gives up nothing to the later versions of varminting cartridges. You can get 3900 fps with a 40 grain V-Max and they are literally dynamite on varmints...

[Linked Image]

I can tell the 222 mag is shot out just from the picture. Do you want to sell it???

Hahahaha!!
Didn't Remington come out with the 222 Mag to compete with the 223 for the military contract?

I just bought my first 222, not mag. Don't know if it shoots yet, or not.

Supposed to warm up here, but not too hot.

Will try to get to the range, and shoot some shots.

If it doesn't shoot, it must be the triggerman full of knots.

Yes, I like green eggs and ham.

I shot my old Vixen a while as a 222 mag, and it was cool for sure. It's been a 221 Fireball for about two decades now and makes a perfect calling rifle for me. If I had it to do over again I'd probably...make a Fireball.
Originally Posted by joshf303
'Flave....check your PMs

Checked and replied.

Travis
Shrap said this is mine for only $3,826.00!!!

Thanks shrap!

Travis

Sold, thanks to everyone for playing, this has been fun. Thanks especially to Travis for stepping up with just enough money...
Originally Posted by CRS
Didn't Remington come out with the 222 Mag to compete with the 223 for the military contract?

I was there , lol
The 222 Mag ,was already out guns & ammo , The Federal Gov't , If they used it for thier New Rifle , pictured thousands of rounds of thier ammo going away to Civilians for free, heheh ,
So they created the 223 !! Apparently they didn't figure on Bill Ruger toolin' up fer the Mini-14 lol
© 24hourcampfire