Home
I rarely shoot this one anymore, so I have decided to let her go. If you are not familiar with Mowrey�s work, a little research will confirm their quality and I have not seen a Mowrey with an ugly piece of wood on it. She still looks and shoots great and will make a great range or hunting muzzleloader for someone.

It did not have a ramrod when I bought it years back, so I am including a new ramrod that I never got around to finishing and resizing.

Send me a PM if you should have any questions.

I will accept a Paypal payment either as a gift or +3% the traditional way.

$425 shipped.

First posted �I�ll take it.� trumps all PMs.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx154/omararizpe/IMG_1533_zpsbc9528bc.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx154/omararizpe/IMG_1535_zps8f3dec6e.jpg[/img]
ttt
Let's try $400
ttt
Nice gun. I have one in .36 caliber in thr closet.
Thanks Mike
btt
Let's try $350 shipped.
Do you know the twist rate ? Whats it shoot well for bullets? Looks like iron frame ? Thanks , Tom
Tom, I am not sure of the twist rate, but I will try to find out this evening. I have only shot round balls through it and has always shot very well.

This is an ironed framed (not brass) Mowrey.

Thanks for the interest.
Posted By: swag Re: Mowrey 50 Cal Muzzleloader FS - 02/05/14
Where was it built? Does the hammer wobble at all?

Thanks!
The Mowrey rifles I had and shot were from the Wichita Falls, TX area.I can't remember exactly where he lived. I used to see Bill Mowrey at some of the big shoots in that area hanging out with the traders.
I have never seen one that the hammer would wobble. He made a very sturdy gun, a little heavy but very good for hunting and shooting targets. My .50 and .54 rifles were 1-66 twist. Don't know what this one would be but I would bet it would be close to that. I had one I put some peep sights on and shot off of x-stick for buffalo and long range matches with round balls. It did very well.
Mike
Twist rate is 1/66 and there is no wobble in the hammer.
PM's responded to
Evening bump
Let's find this one a new home. $325 Shipped
I have been asked for some pictures of the stock without the sling, so here they are:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
ttt
Bottom Dollar - $300 shipped. I will be keeping the sling.
The only place i have sen one of these is in a (way) back issue of "Gun Digest".
It is a very handsome rifle.
tag
Thanks. I've always thought so.
© 24hourcampfire