Home
Posted By: huntsman22 Boner Alert....Dozier pair - 01/31/14
Dozier proguide and slim outdoorsman.Doziers kydex sheaths riveted together, slathered with silicone and encased in a home-made laced elkskin cover. $360 shipped

[Linked Image]

These have been custom bubba'ed by yours truly...
First year I used 'em, I cut the chit outta myself. So, I dremeled some jimp grooves on top of the big'un to keep from sliding up the blade again... The kydex can be separated, de-caulkified and cleaned up, if a feller was wanting to use the kydex sheaths individually. I also changed the bevels to suit me, but Doziers shop will resharpen if a guy's of a mind to.....
Mulled together as is, they fit great in the back pocket of a pair of Wranglers, or can be belted up crossdraw-like, or hung on a pack strap..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Would you consider selling the unfuggered one separate, sans Bubba sheath? If so I'm interested. Thanks.

Scott
If they don't go as a pair.....
I'm betting a knife maker could un jimp that blade... might just be a bit thinner top to bottom

good price on some fine knives!
True. He could also reheat treat the spine & reprofile the cutting edge. Hell, he could probably make a new knife !

Scott
And he could also bypass the sale ad if he don't like what's for sale. Or he could save a bunch, over the cost of a new one. and just live with it, as is......
Originally Posted by huntsman22
And he could also bypass the sale ad if he don't like what's for sale. Or he could save a bunch, over the cost of a new one. and just live with it, as is......

Word.

Very fair price on a great set of knives IMO. It ain't like the one is all butchered up or anything. If you're buying to use 'em, good to go at this price. If buying to drool over and let sit in a drawer, move on. It would take very little effort to remove jimping by someone with a little skill. One certainly wouldn't require "knifemaker' skills to do it......
and it wouldn't hurt the temper.....
Nope. Not like you have to get the thing red hot to do it. Have done similar things to many knives. Don't take long, never hurt a one. You could easily reshape that whole top edge, if you wanted. Wouldn't even notice it, unless you were looking for it.....
let's try $350.
Posted By: EricM Re: Boner Alert....Dozier pair - 02/01/14
I like the bubba'ed mod on the big knife. Gives it some good character. Hopefully you healed up okay. These knives cut deep!

Good guy bump!

Eric
Yep. It was a good thing there was a doctor from Missouri in one of the close camps. He done a right fine job of stitching me up. Thanks, eric.
Dozier makes as fine a knife as any, period.
Interested in the axe. Great knives
Rick, I sold the Marbles hatchet last week. Sorry....
Woodshed, I have some interest in the fuggered one. I sent ya a PM to see if you was still wanting the outdoorsman. I won't separate the sheaths and clean them up, unless both get spoken for. Don
What is the total length of each knife and blade length? Thanks
http://www.dozierknives.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77

http://www.dozierknives.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82
Posted By: SLM Re: Boner Alert....Dozier pair - 02/01/14
Bump for one of the good guys.
thanks SLM.

The proguide is sold.

Haven't heard back from woodshed on the other one......
Woodshed, you gonna answer the PM's, or not? If you're not still wanting it, please let me know so I can relist it......

[Linked Image]
ol' Woodshed read all the PM's, but weenied out, evidently. Not even the courtesy of responses. So this one goes back for sale. Any interest at $150?....
Great knife
Hunts,

PM sent.

Best,

GWB
sold....
© 24hourcampfire