Home
I walked into my LGS yesterday AM and he was dealing for a Colt Python Hunter that a customer had brought in. I hurriedly slipped him a note and asked that he call me ASAP.

Well, he did, and I went back this morning and bought the darn thing but now I would like to have an original Halliburton Aluminum Case that these Pythons came in, in 1981, the only year of production.

I know it's a long shot, no pun intended, but if anyone knows where I might acquire one, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks. donsm70
Back To The Top.
Very nice buy I would love one of those
quite a while ago a local dealer bought one it never saw the show case I couldnt have blamed him
Hank
Search Halliburton Aluminum Case on Ebay, there is several on there
Thanks bluecat.

donsm70
Are these what you're looking for? If you would like I can get one and ship it to you. Just let me know

http://denver.craigslist.org/search...uery=halliburton+aluminum&catAbb=sss
Thanks to you, too, huntsonora.

I think Colt must have contracted with Halliburton to provide a specific case for their Python Hunter in 1981. It had foam inserts and cutouts for the revolver w/the Leupold scope and several other accessories.

I know it's a long shot, but I would like to find an "original".

Thanks again. Don
Everyone of the original cases I have seen for them had the foam replaced because the original had deteriorated. Very cool gun though.
Thanks JJ.

donsm70
Back up.
Originally Posted by Jesse_James
Everyone of the original cases I have seen for them had the foam replaced because the original had deteriorated. Very cool gun though.

This is the case with the Haliburton cases like Jesse said. Many a good Python pitted beyond recognition due to the foam deteriorating and sticking to the gun, causing a horrible mess. Jesse, you don't have an extra one amongst all your Python stuff? Lol.

Coltfan
I had one with the case and everything and sold it. I regret it now.
Originally Posted by Jesse_James
I had one with the case and everything and sold it. I regret it now.

I'm sure you do.

donsm70
One more time to the top.

donsm70
I'm still looking.
© 24hourcampfire