Home
I can't belive that people want to pay over $1000 for fake Swarovski Z6 scope:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301122638876?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
cool story..
Please elaborate on scope.
What gives it away as a copy?
Originally Posted by artur
I can't belive that people want to pay over $1000 for fake Swarovski Z6 scope:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301122638876?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Pretty good fake i must say. I will have to go home and check the box,packing and paperwork on mine to see if it is similiar.
The only way to confirm would be a serial number check. Lots of Leupold fakes too.
''The only way to confirm would be a serial number check.''
It is not necessary, there is huge difference between genuine Swarovski Z6.
Please see how looks magnification ring and genuine Z6 2-12x50 is without parallax knob.
UPC given doesn't match the reticle. UPS is for a $4 reticle; not 7A. Seller ships to virtually every country. Legit USA seller would understand the export limitations on optics.
Originally Posted by WiFowler
UPC given doesn't match the reticle. UPS is for a $4 reticle; not 7A. Seller ships to virtually every country. Legit USA seller would understand the export limitations on optics.

Packaging ,Scope looks Swaro to me but he/she might just use that as a prop and then you might get nothing at all. The reticle as described in the description is a 7A but the seller is using Ebay descriptions which are almost always not accurate.
That's not a Z6 Swaro.
Originally Posted by slg888
That's not a Z6 Swaro.

Yeah you are right the lense covers and the finish don't even look right
Anyone notify ebay yet?
Originally Posted by jasonkjasonk
Anyone notify ebay yet?
Ebay makes it difficult to contact them explaining the problem.

Someone is gonna get f*cked. Or maybe someone will use it and not even know the difference. grin
I sent the seller a question, told him it was likely fake. Given the good rating he has and all the other crappy trinkets he sells, it's likely he got it at a flea market and has no clue if it's real/fake/etc and doesn't care.
I sent the seller a question.
We will see if he is truthful or not....
Sweet.
If he gets several, we will found out quick if he knows..

or not.
Reported the item
I've sent message to seller in first day of auction but no answer, I reported to ebay but they don't care.
The seller responded to me:

Dear jasonk_jasonk,

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We were not aware that this could possibly be a fake. We are doing some further investigation on the item and will be deleting the listing. Thank you for informing us.
- bingosurplus
Just got answer from seller:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We were not aware that this could possibly be a fake. We are doing some further investigation on the item and will be deleting the listing. Thank you for informing us.

Got a reply....

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We were told this could possibly be a fake. We are doing some further investigation on the item and will be deleting the listing.

Thank you,

- bingosurplus
Should be on armslist !
It is still up there. Ebay is very slow to do anything, this seller is US, and of course, California based. Mostly a seller
of just junk, jewelry and electronics.

I have a gripe with Ebay, counterfeit goods, well known, but
they do not do a dam thing.

I do hope nobody bites on this gem.
I see counterfeit knives on Ebay every time I visit site.

See plenty stated to be "made in USA" that are cheap, foreign made POS also. Ebay don't care.......
Well it went the length of the auction and was sold for $1500. It was a fake without a doubt and the seller obviously could have cared less. After all the guys here and some others on another website notified the seller they kept it up there. And as others here noted Ebay could have cared less! Ebay has really gone to hell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swarovski-Z6-2-12x50-L-Rifle-Scope-/301122638876?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=BI8zJuaRaKJ0fsfDn1NJUpI9MSA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

© 24hourcampfire