Home
I am located in Iowa, selling some fast growing trees in states east of the rockies. The fast growth can be used for wildlife habitat, screening, windbreaks, shade, and other uses. 10 for $160 dollars, planting height is 5 feet tall and will be over ten feet tall by fall.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

more pics at this link: fast growing trees photos
interesting site. can you give us any more information on lifespans, size at maturity, etc?
Nice first post
Posted By: rylee1 Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/02/14
are they shippable?
Posted By: Hubert Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/02/14
If those are the hybrid poplars they will send roots 70 feet to your water,,septic tank, sewer pipe , swimmingpool, they will go under your house to get to the sewer. and are hell to stop, but they sure will grow fast, 10 to 20 feet per year. this all took place in two years, be careful what you wish for,,
Posted By: aalf Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/02/14
Originally Posted by rylee1
are they shippable?

Clink on his link at the bottom of his post for all the particulars.
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
interesting site. can you give us any more information on lifespans, size at maturity, etc?

40+ years of useful life, with mature height around 70'. A few more facts about this tree on my Factsheet.
Originally Posted by Hubert
If those are the hybrid poplars they will send roots 70 feet to your water,,septic tank, sewer pipe , swimmingpool, they will go under your house to get to the sewer. and are hell to stop, but they sure will grow fast, 10 to 20 feet per year. this all took place in two years, be careful what you wish for,,

The fastest growing tree I sell is one of the hybrid willows, though I also do sell some poplars, too. I agree that full sized trees with aggressive root systems should not be planted on/by a septic system, in my faq I recommend 100 feet away. Something like this is turned into a benefit when using for buffer strips and other places holding soil with a strong root system.

My Ornamental Snake Willow comes in a smaller size, so that one's root system is not as vibrant.
Originally Posted by aalf
are they shippable?

Yep, they are shippable, total prices shipped to your door can be seen here: shipping fast growing trees
Originally Posted by hybridtrees
Originally Posted by aalf
are they shippable?

Yep, they are shippable, total prices shipped to your door can be seen here: shipping fast growing trees

No Utah shipping..................................................
True, Currently I only ship to states east of the rockies.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/03/14
Why would anyone plant a willow tree?
Posted By: slg888 Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/03/14
Can you smoke'em?
Stoney, we have that type of bush in Colorado!!! smile
Originally Posted by cisco1
Why would anyone plant a willow tree?

Many reasons, refer to my first post what people use them for.
Originally Posted by slg888
Can you smoke'em?

If you want to, though would be hard on the lungs.
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla

Yep, there are a lot of relatives growing wild.

Hey Hybrid,

Bet if you added this to your price list, your business would increase 10-fold.
Add in a box of free Twinkies and you'd be able to retire in no time with all the loot you'd have rolling in,
especially selling east of the Rockies. wink
Originally Posted by SteelCityArcher

Hey Hybrid,

Bet if you added this to your price list, your business would increase 10-fold.
Add in a box of free Twinkies and you'd be able to retire in no time with all the loot you'd have rolling in,
especially selling east of the Rockies. wink

I think I would end up eating all the Twinkies before I got them sent out with the trees. smile
[Linked Image]
They look like the trees my uncle uses as a wind stop and privacy screen for his deer that raises. He is in south east mn and thinks they are great.
Not sure if they are these or just a similar one.
Posted By: G23 Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/04/14
tag
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
They look like the trees my uncle uses as a wind stop and privacy screen for his deer that raises. He is in south east mn and thinks they are great.
Not sure if they are these or just a similar one.

Yep, they could be or similar clone out there. They do work good for a lot of different uses.
Posted By: Supper Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/04/14
How about shipping to an address in Wyoming that is technically still part of the great plains?
Yeah its possible.
I have a bunch of willows but they're probably not hybrids. They're easy to grow; just cut off a limb, cut it in sections and bury the sections and, viola, a new tree emerges. Mine grow fast but not 10 feet in 1 year.

The advantages:

1. They will grow in pretty wet ground.

2. They are a good summer privacy screen.

3. They grow fast.

The disadvantages:

1. They're not a good screen in the winter.

2. They tend to drop a lot of branches and limbs as they get older. If you get a good wind storm, you will also have branches all over the place. Last year in a storm with 60 mph gusts, I had branches that went clear over my house lengthwise and landed where I usually parked my SUV.

3. The potential sewer problem has already been mentioned.
Posted By: ned Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/05/14
round count? how do they shoot?
Originally Posted by ned
round count? never been fired how do they shoot? will shoot great

kind of look like a minigun barrel when shipped grin
Originally Posted by Grumulkin

1. They're not a good screen in the winter.

I would agree they will be screening the best while leaves are on the tree, the nice thing for this deciduous tree, they are one of the first to leaf out in spring and one of the last to drop leaves in fall. For screens, planting 3' apart can help with partial screening off things even when leafless.

Different species of willow can be more prone to broken branches, black and crack willows and their hybrids would be the worst. The hybrid I sell has more flexible branches and does pretty good for a willow.
Originally Posted by ned
round count? never been fired how do they shoot? will shoot great

kind of look like a minigun barrel when shipped grin

[Linked Image]
Why can't they ship to the Rockies??
Is it an "enviromental law" or are you cutting in on another salesman's district or will they not grow in our soil/lack of rain??
Yeah, lack of rain is the main reason I do a general cutoff of where I ship to, though sometimes there are exceptions if planting along streams, irrigation, etc in that regard.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The root system has been mentioned....what about hillside erosion control?

I have a steep bank with ground seeps. The area is wet and actually slips at times. Would the aggressive root system add weight and increase the slippage or would the roots prevent slippage?
It should help in two ways, these trees have large root systems and work good for erosion control, but that excess water they can utilize and turn into some fast growth, thus can help an area not be as wet and prone to slippage.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
cool
smile
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/14/14

Do you have an evergreen?
Nope, not currently selling evergreens.
whistle
grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lhook7 Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/18/14
tag
I tried both the hybrid poplars and hybrid willows in western CO and all but one died. Poor soil, not enough water...who knows. I have one hybrid poplar left, and after three years it is still 3' tall, LOL.

Probably not enough water and could be soil that drains too fast. It can be hit or miss out west and would need irrigation in a lot of situations in those arid climates. Probably could help putting water polymers in the planting hole to help keep moisture in the root zone and heavy layer of mulch.
cool
confused
http://www.treenurseryco.com/lombardy-poplar-tree/
Lombardy Poplar may do good out west where you are, but only has a lifespan of 15 years in most places because of devastating canker problems. Also you can read a lot online about that nursery you just linked to, which is mostly negative.
Happy Earth Day
smile
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Fast Growing Trees For Sale - 04/24/14
I wish somebody would invent a FAST GROWING tree that made good firewood.

Mike
Black Locust
Happy Arbor Day
grin
cool
[Linked Image]
grin
Still time to plant this spring
smirk
laugh trees!
© 24hourcampfire