Home
I have 2,200 rounds of WRA Winchester surplus 7mm Mauser ammo. Winchester made this ammunition as part of a South African contract. This is great ammo. It is boxer primed, reloadable, and projectile DOES NOT attract a magnet. THIS AMMO IS MILDLY CORROSIVE, there are mixed reports as to if WRA is corrosive or not but I tested it and it is. I have personally shot a bunch of it and it is amazing. Please bear in mind that this is surplus so it contains some cases with small discoloration and corrosion as well as some cases with minor dents. I have personally experienced no failures or hangfires with this ammo in 500+rnds. Payment is USPS MO only. Your ammunition will ship same day as payment is received. From what I have read these bullets have 162 grn FMJ spitzer boat tail projectiles pushed at roughly 2,461fps.

Price is $0.46/round + actual shipping UPS ground. You can buy as much as you like, but please no orders of less than 100 rounds just because shipping would cost more than the ammo.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 04/07/14
Note to self.... When deciding on screen name, review final selection for potentially embarrassing "cut-outs".

Good post and enlightening as I was not previously aware that 7X57 was a military round.

Where will you be shipping from?
Posted By: safariman Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 04/07/14
Lockhart,

7x57 is what the Spaniards were shooting at Teddy Roosevelts men in Cuba in the 1890's. It was VERY popular with Spanish Speaking countries and some European countries as a military rifle round for many decades.
Any idea of date of manufacture (headstamp number maybe)?

Mark
I am sending off my lone 7x57 for inspection, handling etc. towards a possible trade to a member here. If the trade does not go down, I will want a bunch of this ammo. Do you know if the primers are crimped in or not? Is the brass readily reloadable with common components and no extra work.
Lockhart: The 7mm Mauser was an extremely popular round because of its .284 projectile and superior ballistics when compared to the larger rounds of the time. To my knowledge 7mm saw serious service with: Spain, chile, Mexico, Venezuela, South Africa, Dominican Republic, Brazil, and a few others. In addition to what safariman said, 7mm Mauser was also what the boers used to devastate the Brits. To my knowledge Ruger, winchester, and a few custom rifle makers still chamber rifles in 7mm Mauser cause it rocks so hard.
Also I would be shipping from Southern Georgia.

Mark Shubert: The headstamp has no dates it states simply "WRA" at 12 and "7mm" at 6. From what I have read winchester manufactured 7mm for South Africa from 1930's to 40's. But the projectile these rounds have didn't become the standard till 43. So make of that what you will.

Also the nice thing about these rounds is that they were manufactured to military pressure levels, not the extremely low pressure that is SAAMI spec now.
Safariman: This is good military thick brass. It won't need any extra treatment that you wouldn't give any other once fired brass before reloading. No there is no primer crimp, but primers backing out has never been an issue in the 500+ rnds I have put through my chilean.
Also for anyone that is a big game hunter. I don't know if you have heard of .275 Rigby. But 7x57mm Mauser IS .275 Rigby. One of the most popular safari cartridges. Rigby renamed the cartridge to .275 Rigby because the British like to use inches for their cartridge titles. And .275 is the measurement across the lands.
Originally Posted by WatermelonAssassin
Also for anyone that is a big game hunter. I don't know if you have heard of .275 Rigby. But 7x57mm Mauser IS .275 Rigby. One of the most popular safari cartridges. Rigby renamed the cartridge to .275 Rigby because the British like to use inches for their cartridge titles. And .275 is the measurement across the lands.

Corectomundo, and if I keep my 7x57, it will get re marked to 275 Rigby.
Originally Posted by safariman

Nice. Is your 7x57 a milsurp gun? Or is it newer manufacture?
Posted By: WTF Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 04/07/14
What would the hazmat fee be ??
Posted By: GeoW Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 04/07/14
Originally Posted by WTF

LOL
Originally Posted by WTF

It's not an issue. UPS never makes me pay one because I clearly have the boxes marked ORD-M.
There has to be more than one person that shoots this amazing round.
bump
Poke
bump
130 sold
bump. Got a lot of this amazing ammo left.
Bump
Bump
^
^
Posted By: tal35 Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 04/17/14
pics?
I can post some shortly.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
bump
Posted By: safariman Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 04/20/14
Originally Posted by safariman

Nice. Is your 7x57 a milsurp gun? Or is it newer manufacture?

It is a much re done former Miltary action, but has really nice Walnut and Ebony as well as some pretty terrific metalwork.

I want some of this ammo, but I am dead broke right now. Need to sell some stuff.

Do you have a 300WBY or a 7/08? I have lots of that ammo, factory premium stuff, I could trade you if you need it. ALSO could roll you up some 44 MAgnum or 10mm ammo, if you shoot either caliber.
Saaaaayyyy, why don't you KEEP this ammo, and trade me out of my 7x57! It is a really pretty, and lightweight little wand of a rifle!

Mine looks a lot like the 7x57 that Ingwe posts up pictures of occassionally from his days in Africa.
Hahahaha I would but my safe is full. Plus I am more of an old war rifle guy myself. Out of a full 20 gun safe the only things I own that aren't C&R eligible are my Glock 19 EDC and my Sig 716.
This one is C&R eligibe. Just because it has been upgraded and re blued and nice wood added etc., does not change the fact that the serial number was stamped on the reciever sometime prior to 1964.
I still have 1,000 rounds of this stuff left. It is good ammo.
Posted By: WTF Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 06/06/14
Hey guys, this is some not so bad stuff. I got some and fired for groups from both a 95 mauser and a Ruger 77 tanger. Groups ranged from 1/2" to just under 2" @ 100yds.
The corrosive primer thing is nothing for me, just some hot water in the bore after firing.
bump. would love to sell my last 1000 rounds
; ^
^
^
^
Posted By: Alamo_308 Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 10/07/14
Price for 500 rounds to ZIP 78240?
Posted By: catkiller Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 10/07/14
You can also neck these down to make .257 Roberts or 6 mm remington.
Posted By: JBenfer Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 01/21/15
Do you still have the ammo?

Jeb Benfer
Posted By: mtjoe Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 01/21/15
pm sent
Posted By: mtjoe Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 01/22/15
I take it you dont have any more to sell. you did this to me last time you posted these. you should at the least asnwer you post and pm's. cancell my order even if you still have some.
Posted By: JBenfer Re: 7x57 (7mm Mauser) Ammo - 01/23/15
So this post is obsolete? I'd really like some decent 7x57 ammo in bulk amount.
© 24hourcampfire