Home
Just bought a Ruger 77 MKII UL. It did not come with rings. Would prefer medium, but can live with low or high. These are the two different hight rings that are on ruger 77's.
Thanks, Bill
email sent
wgw, don't know what you're planning on mounting scopewise, but bear in mind, the Ruger fac. lows aren't all that low comparatively. The thinner contour of the UL barrel allows you more obj. clearance and unless you are considering a really big scope, you might want to consider this. I have a .308 UL Deluxe and a Leupold 3-9x40 is almost out of proportion.
Hi John,
Thanks for the help.
I have a 4-16x50 4200 elite that I might use, or a 3-10x40 compact 3200 elite. It's my old eyes(72) that I am worried about. I should be able to work with these two scopes. Thanks for the imput, I really appreciate it.
Bill
They take two different height of rings from front to rear.
wgw, for the 3-10x40 you'll need a #3 front and a #4 rear (lows). For the 50mm you'll probably need a #5 front and a #6 rear(highs). I think the 4-16x50 will be really large for that rifle, but if you decide to go that way, PM me,I have a blue #5 you can have, then you will only need to find the #6 rear. John
Thanks John. I am leaning toward the 3-10 set up. I bought the UL to keep it light and easy. I will let you know.
Bill
pm sent.
© 24hourcampfire