Home
So my wife is so pissed that I bought a brand-new gunwerks rifle. So I canceled that order and bought this used one off here from a member, thinking she will be happy with that. Wrong again.
I'm in the doghouse.
So for sale, I have a not even picked up at the ffl yet , ready to send to ur ffl, a Gunwerks LR1000 7LRM, with a Nightforce G7 with Level and cosine.
It has the blacker stock. Shot very little. Comes with everything that goes with long range package from gunwerks, including it being fully sighted in. Large Case, sling, scope cover, plus 5 boxes of ammo. Three are gunwerks produced, and 50 rounds are loaded by the previous owner to the exact gunwerks specs. I Also have a new bipod that I just bought new from gunwerks, that I will throw in too. Give me ur number and I will text u a ton of pics that the previous seller sent me.
$7500 OBO for the entire package, including shipping and insurance of gun to Ffl, and ammo to your house. Full 3 day no questions asked return policy. Just pay shipping back.
My wife says thank u.
W:)

He bought the rifle from me. I already purchased another 7LRM, but in a lightweight configuration or I'd take it back in a second. If I had 2 7 LRM's my wife would probably be pissed as well.

With Gunwerks load of 72 grains of H-1000 and a 180 Berger VLD hunting bullet loaded .005 off the lands this gun shot 3 groups of less than .2 at the second of 2 range sessions and I think the velocity averaged 3043fps if memory serves. Best group was .142 and I think I still have the target.

The gun shot less than .25 with 73 gr. Retumbo and a 168 accubond LRAB.

Buyer will not be disappointed in accuracy. I will try to find the target and can email to anyone interested.
Thanks Scouter!!!!
woodsie...be a man!!!! everyone knows it only cost $300...lol
I would rather have the rifle. Trade off the wife!!!!!
The Betrothed

�You must choose between me and your cigar.� Breach of Promise Case, circa, 1885

OPEN the old cigar-box, get me a Cuba stout,
For things are running crossways, and Maggie and I are out.

We quarrelled about Havanas�we fought o�er a good cheroot,
And I know she is exacting, and she says I am a brute.

Open the old cigar-box�let me consider a space; 5
In the soft blue veil of the vapour musing on Maggie�s face.

Maggie is pretty to look at�Maggie�s a loving lass,
But the prettiest cheeks must wrinkle, the truest of loves must pass.

There�s peace in a Laranaga, there�s calm in a Henry Clay;
But the best cigar in an hour is finished and thrown away� 10

Thrown away for another as perfect and ripe and brown�
But I could not throw away Maggie for fear o� the talk o� the town!

Maggie, my wife at fifty�grey and dour and old�
With never another Maggie to purchase for love or gold!

And the light of Days that have Been the dark of the Days that Are, 15
And Love�s torch stinking and stale, like the butt of a dead cigar�

The butt of a dead cigar you are bound to keep in your pocket�
With never a new one to light tho� it�s charred and black to the socket!

Open the old cigar-box�let me consider a while.
Here is a mild Manilla�there is a wifely smile. 20

Which is the better portion�bondage bought with a ring,
Or a harem of dusky beauties fifty tied in a string?

Counsellors cunning and silent�comforters true and tried,
And never a one of the fifty to sneer at a rival bride?

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes, 25
Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close,

This will the fifty give me, asking nought in return,
With only a Suttee�s passion�to do their duty and burn.

This will the fifty give me. When they are spent and dead,
Five times other fifties shall be my servants instead. 30

The furrows of far-off Java, the isles of the Spanish Main,
When they hear my harem is empty will send me my brides again.

I will take no heed to their raiment, nor food for their mouths withal,
So long as the gulls are nesting, so long as the showers fall.

I will scent �em with best vanilla, with tea will I temper their hides, 35
And the Moor and the Mormon shall envy who read of the tale of my brides.

For Maggie has written a letter to give me my choice between
The wee little whimpering Love and the great god Nick o� Teen.

And I have been servant of Love for barely a twelvemonth clear,
But I have been Priest of Cabanas a matter of seven year; 40

And the gloom of my bachelor days is flecked with the cheery light
Of stumps that I burned to Friendship and Pleasure and Work and Fight.

And I turn my eyes to the future that Maggie and I must prove,
But the only light on the marshes is the Will-o�-the-Wisp of Love.

Will it see me safe through my journey or leave me bogged in the mire? 45
Since a puff of tobacco can cloud it, shall I follow the fitful fire?

Open the old cigar-box�let me consider anew�
Old friends, and who is Maggie that I should abandon you?

A million surplus Maggies are willing to bear the yoke;
And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke. 50

Light me another Cuba�I hold to my first-sworn vows.
If Maggie will have no rival, I�ll have no Maggie for Spouse!
I'm confused...why are we telling our wives what we buy on the 'fire?
I was wondering the same thing

I burn my money order receipts, and the boxes item arrive in.
In other words - "grow a pair" or turn in your man card.... how many wives know one gun from the other and if the bills are paid then there should be no conservation on the subject. And yes, I am divorced....!
now i want a cigar
hey, wanna trade
Originally Posted by setch

Exactly, how many women know one gun from the next? And the whole key to that is a gun safe or two full, so they really don't know what's what.

Try painting it pink for her.
Woodsie--shame on you for getting caught!
I'm glad my wife doesn't dictate how I spend my money.
What she don't know, won't hurt her !
I'm with gankster ... get rid of the wife. I'm obviously very lucky as my wife knows I have some guns but has no idea as to the value or cost and doesn't tell me what I can or can't have and doesn't try to get "even".

Dang, after writing that I realize just how lucky I am and thankful for the wonderful wife that I have!
I see that none of you married a 'game wardens' daughter. Heck, she can shoot better than I can AND she knows every gun in the safe.

Woe is me!
Well I talked to her and am gonna pick it up from the ffl and go from there. We'll see and gun sale is on hold.
W:)
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Oldman2003
I see that none of you married a 'game wardens' daughter. Heck, she can shoot better than I can AND she knows every gun in the safe.

Woe is me!

I do believe safes come with a resettable combination ...
Cut woodsie some slack here.

I'm sure many here would have their undies in a wad if the better half bought 7k worth of jewelry. wink

What you have to do is distract her with something else. After 2-3 years of nagging about spending $$ on guns I started spending $$ on heavy equipment. The $$ I make with the heavy equip, I spend on guns!! She sees all the yellow equip around and bitches that they cost to much to run/maintain. She is sooo distracted by the yellow stuff in the yard that she has forgot about bitching about guns!!

Works like a champ!!
Originally Posted by SKane

I'm sure many here would have their undies in a wad if the better half bought 7k worth of jewelry. wink

Happiness is warm gun cool
Best advice? Do not tell them...20 guns, 25? 30? Unless they take inventory, DO NOT TELL THEM! Pick your battle....
Man you dudes are hilarious

Not if your other half could hang onto her jewelry/purse/shoes/ for a year, keep them clean and well oiled, then sell them for 25% more than she paid for them.
My lovely wife doesn't really take an interest in my purchases as long as they don't heavily affect the checkbook balance. However, $7500 would clear out the checkbook and most of savings - I'd be in the dog house too. Budgets are relative...
One of the best threads in a while!
Originally Posted by gankster
I would rather have the rifle. Trade off the wife!!!!!

14 years ago I had a wife and 3 guns. Now I have no wife and about 60 long guns. Good trade off.
Buy her some boobs and call it an even trade! She gets boobs you get a gun? What's the big deal.
Originally Posted by Mthunter78
Buy her some boobs and call it an even trade! She gets boobs you get a gun? What's the big deal.

Sounds like a win-win!
$7500? That makes my Cooper look like a walmart special.
Originally Posted by byates45
Man you dudes are hilarious

This...lol
Originally Posted by 7025Jack
Best advice? Do not tell them...20 guns, 25? 30? Unless they take inventory, DO NOT TELL THEM! Pick your battle....

+1

Not if it was "her" money and didn't cut into my fun money! wink

donsm70
Don, I concur - it's the same way at my house. Are you interested in any Louis Vuitton "shooting bags" - we've got too many. grin
Don, I concur - it's the same way at my house. Are you interested in any Louis Vuitton "shooting bags" - we've got too many. grin

Stoney will take one!!
Originally Posted by cal74

Exactly, how many women know one gun from the next? And the whole key to that is a gun safe or two full, so they really don't know what's what.

Maybe the $7500 withdraw may of tipped her off.

Thanks for the offer, but I will pass at this particular time. laugh

donsm70
Back up for sale. Make a offer
Originally Posted by woodsie
Back up for sale. Make a offer

Wife or gun?
Both
What kind of shape is the wife in. Pictures please. No never mind I enjoy buying guns. My woman would probably would fuss though if I brought in another woman. But a gun would never piss her off.
[Linked Image]

Sorry you're having to get rid of the rifle. If my wife threw a shoe, I'd send it down the road as well.
Not a big deal in the grand picture.
My wife's happiness is worth way more than any gun I own.
Confucious say:Man who fight with wife during day get no piece at night.
$7,500 dollars for a rifle makes Shrapnel"s 22 shells look like a bargain
Happy wife happy life!!!

Not-keep the gun wink
It was a little one who once said "When Mama ain't happy nobody is happy"
Originally Posted by remingtonclassic
$7,500 dollars for a rifle makes Shrapnel"s 22 shells look like a bargain

Now wait a second.. If you gave Shrapnel a Phone and a Pen he'd get this straighten out Fast Quick and in a Hurry.. whistle
I walked in on a guy buying a Perazzi trap gun. At the end of the negotiation he stated that he had a trade-in. He whips out a beat up old 870 that was rusty and had a stock with barely any finish on it.
The dealer explained he couldn't give him more than $100 for it. The buyer said "I'll take $75 for it." "The wife" he said " doesn't know a Perazzi from a pizza, but she CAN count. And if there are 35 guns in the safe this morning, there damn sure better not be 36 in there this evening or I'm up the creek."

The deal was made! laugh
I never though my wife's vote counted as long as everything is up and we are ahead. Keep her washing clothes and cooking . Hint:)

Let me see, My wife is more important than any gun I own. Is that what Custer thought at the Little Big Horn. Now I know why he lost.
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
I'm glad my wife doesn't dictate how I spend my money.

I'm glad mine doesn't dictate how I spend her money.
she didn't even blink at the 300 dollar red wing iron rangers.
I've been lucky so far as my motto has been "loose lips sink ships" therefore I know nothing about that new empty box, must have been something the kids brought home.
Send 2 range purses to Stoney, and your wife. He will straighten her out. He has a strict spend what I want and don't give a damn mentality. Seems to work for him too. Obviously he has figured it out. Good luck with this by the way, sounds like you need it

You guys would have no trouble justifying $7.5K missing from the account?

You gotta teach me how to do that! grin
Have posted this before, but when my wife and I got married 30 years ago we agreed we'd each get a certain percentage of our income to spend however the hell we wanted. We've never had an argument about buying guns--whether I bought one or she did!
[quote

You gotta teach me how to do that! grin [/quote]

Two words: Seperate Accounts
Originally Posted by Fotis

You gotta teach me how to do that! grin

Master of your domain! grin
Must not be Greek then! laugh
I have cash, $5500- let me know money order can go out today or certified bank check or wire.
Originally Posted by Iclimb
I have cash, $5500- let me know money order can go out today or certified bank check or wire.

For the wife, or the gun?
I gotta wife, she doesn't care 😁😁😁
For the gun...

They got two sets of lips...
...one to piss out of, the other to moan out of...
Sold pending funds!!
If it falls through please let me know.
This thread reminds me of the time in about 1999 or 2000 when I sold my Camaro...I had done up a nice '79 Z28 with a decent 350 I built myself with '69 #441 virgin head castings with all new 2.02 and 1.60" valves, 4 bolt block, flat tops, milled the block and heads myself, milled drilled and tapped for screw-in studs and guide plates, Comp Cams roller rockers, 625 Carter etc. etc....had ceramic coated headers, had the factory Borg-Warner Super T10 tranny, Hurst inline shifter, factory 3.73 posi, Centerline wheels etc...it was a black on black "stripper" car, didn't even have a tilt wheel. Ran really well.

I got tired of it one day and sold it to a young fella.

His girlfriend dropped him off to pick it up and I could tell she was pissed.

He left the big package of paperwork with all the bills I had spent on the car on the trunk of her car...she sped off and I picked most of it up off the road after they left....well, the next day I got a call...he had slept in the car and was in big trouble....either the car was gone or she was gone.

I did tell him to keep the car and dump the girl...but I ended up giving him his money back minus $100....sold the car 4 or 5 years later for more $$....

..wish I had that car back now......

Or secret account!
A lot of men pick out a wife in light so dim... one could not pick out a good suit.
Choose wisely or stay single.
I dont know a wife that wouldn't flip out over a $7500 gun. But then again...someone previously posted " budgets are relative".

Josh
If you can prove the value of a firearm to a female (ie. quality colt, pre 64, purdy...)
$7500 will be no problem to a woman with a brain.

Just buy a one, flip it for a $1000 profit, and a smart woman will not question your purchase again. Ever.

P.S. I may have done this once or twice, like many here, I'm sure.

P.S.S. If you really wanna prove the value of guns and ammo over trinkets.....
Ask her to try to sell some $7500 pearls for $7500.
The sneaky bastid plan was once common knowledge on this forum and practiced by nearly all. I'm starting to lose faith.

No news is good news...........
Originally Posted by wageslave
If you can prove the value of a firearm to a female (ie. quality colt, pre 64, purdy...)
$7500 will be no problem to a woman with a brain.

Just buy a one, flip it for a $1000 profit, and a smart woman will not question your purchase again. Ever.

P.S. I may have done this once or twice, like many here, I'm sure.

P.S.S. If you really wanna prove the value of guns and ammo over trinkets.....
Ask her to try to sell some $7500 pearls for $7500.

My wife isn't into jewelry, so the analogy doesn't apply, but we're both musicians and buy top-end equipment. She got her K. Kawai grand piano two years ago which cost more than most of my gun collection is worth and we bought it used, but it won't go down in value. It took some time and wise purchases by me to convince her that when I buy something, I'm not losing money because I can sell it for more than I paid for it if I buy right, and the value will never drop. This category doesn't include a custom gun as the value drops below what we pay for it immediately. Some day I'll spend multiple thousands on a gun, but I'll have a full set of professional saxophones first. Until then, I enjoy what I have and enjoy flipping things that I can buy right and say, "Look honey, I got $150 more out of these binoculars than I paid for them." Such transactions go a looooonnnnggggg way...
And of course there is always the classic conversational exchange. "When did you get that?" "Oh, a couple weeks ago." "How much did it cost?" "I traded for it." "Oh, okay." This is a tricky conversation, the key is to never reveal exactly what you traded for it. And then there is the man cave rule. If one successfully gets a new tool or gun into the man cave and it resides there without comment for 48 hours, then one can legally state, "I've had that for a long time." grin
I'm interested in your gun if it is still available would like to see pictures.
WOW!!!!!!!! That Rifle was posted over 3 years ago.. confused
Bet the wife is still pissed though.
Hell, the divorce is FINAL by now!
Aren't they always pissed? The only time they are happy is when they are pissed.
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
WOW!!!!!!!! That Rifle was posted over 3 years ago.. confused

FNG
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

FNG

LOL.
I'm lucky (Second time a charm)....I spend whatever I want as often as I want (always within my means) and tell my wife about it when I do ......She smiles and shakes her head...Good for you says she!!

Why are you telling her what you paid for what you buy on the Fire?
When I told my wife what that rifle is worth, she said you're lucky to still have testicles!
My wife would think I was an idiot for buying a Gunwerks System too.
go for a new rifle or trade in the old wife.......
Do you still have this for sale? : )
© 24hourcampfire