Home
I sold him a new , working Leica range finder and he said it didn't work-a lie. He is to stupid to but a battery in it and hold down the button till it reflects back..He got his money back, but if I had known, I wouldn't have sold it to him
Here we go again.....
Check your e-mail and pm
Originally Posted by transalp1961
Check your e-mail and pm

Yea go ahead and check em, I double dog dare ya.........
Is it possible to send an email bomb?
Not for nuthin', just askin'.....
[Linked Image]

The guy didn't put any batteries in it? Is he blonde? grin
So what's the problem?
Originally Posted by slg888
So what's the problem?

Obviously you have never beer around a blond when her batteries ran out!
Originally Posted by reelhook
I sold him a new , working Leica range finder and he said it didn't work-a lie. He is to stupid to but a battery in it and hold down the button till it reflects back..He got his money back, but if I had known, I wouldn't have sold it to him

If you had a satisfaction guaranteed, money back policy, why do you care and why are you slamming someone? Why didn't you put batteries in it to begin with? Looks to be unethical on your part to offer money back policy and then [bleep] on him when he wants his money back.
I can feel your pain I have been living under the rule of the same type individual here in the US for the past 6 plus years unfortunately I'm getting used to the excuses.
The more I thought about it the more I knew I had to come back to this slam. If you sold it to him and you said it was working it wasn't when he got it. Batteries or no batteries. I think its pretty small to slam a gun who honestly made a mistake and took you at your word that it was in working order. Sorry, I don't feel your pain but I do for him for your bad mouthing.

If you are going to make a call out post, call someone a liar, and drag their name through the mud here, you should give as much detail as possible. Based on the information so far, you are the one I would not want to do business with.

BTW - If you are going to tell the world how stupid someone is you should double check your grammar.
[Linked Image]

Pick the side... grin
OH GEEZE! NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THESE...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Don't know either of you. Both are still good with me. I bought a Leica rangefinder here and seller wisely stored and shipped w/o battery. I could tell that by weight of the unit in hand but that's just me. It's also very easy to forget how many clicks it takes to actuate this unit.
So some one is out what, 10 bucks shipping? Really that's enough to warrant this? For God sake life is to short for this kind of BS!
dang son..... really all this. Id blast ur rear end if you did this to me in a public forum so quickly.why would u send it to someone not working or at least tell him it needs a battery?

Someone please wake me up when this is over.
Originally Posted by barnabus
dang son..... really all this. Id blast ur rear end if you did this to me in a public forum so quickly.why would u send it to someone not working or at least tell him it needs a battery?

Not siding with either party, but the fact that it's a laser range finder should imply it needs a battery...
In the meantime, an administration official claims 2 years worth of emails were "misplaced". When pressed, she exclaimed "stuff happens"...
I'll side with 'transaip 1961' on this one. Money back guarantee but if you send it back --- I'll ruin your name.
Originally Posted by badaboom
I can feel your pain I have been living under the rule of the same type individual here in the US for the past 6 plus years unfortunately I'm getting used to the excuses.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Best post ever! FTW!

-John
Since it was new, I assume it came with instructions. Did page one say something like, "insert batteries"? Seems like a lack of communication my he been the culprit here.

Suck it up and be a man.
Being responsible is part of selling.
You lost nothing.
Whats the other side of the story ?
Reelhook,

If you sold him a range finder it should be in working order..

If you removed the batteries you should have told him.

If there is a certain procedure to use when installing batteries you should have advised him.

Calling someone out should be a last resort .

One can never over communicate!
Kinda funny how these things turn into the internet equivalent of Suni vs. Shia.

I sold some guy a shotgun choke tube last week and I think I communicated better with him over a $13 item than these guys.
Amazing what sets some people off now a days.
Not enough info for anyone to take sides.... if new and new in box,, it came with a battery and instructions! It isn't very often you see an electronic device with the battery pre installed and/or without instructions!

And on the other hand if it wasn't new..... well!

Looks to me like the item was sold to someone not knowing how it worked, unable to or not wanting to check on-line to see how it worked, and your out some $30+ in shipping charges.

Most likely its just lack of communication on both sides, and probably could have been easily worked out! But instead......

Phil
There was good communication on this transaction. I received the unit and it looked new. I read the instruction manual and tried two new batteries. I could not get the I unit to respond. He recommended I contact Leica, which I did. I spoke to one of their repair techs. Reelhook offered to pay the repair costs up to the purchase price less $20. The Leica tech said the rangefinder was 10 years old and they did not have any repair parts so it could not be repaired. I let Reelhook know about this and I said it may be better if I would just return the rangefinder for a refund. He agreed to this so I paid for the shipping and sent it back to him. I did not think there were any problems until he sent me an e-mail and pm calling me a liar, which I am not. I am out the shipping and he is out the shipping costs, which were about $12. I guess this post is his way of getting even with me for returning an item I could not get to work.
Murphy.... sounds like another call-out thread to maybe back-fire, kind of like car breaking down, call the mechanic, and the damn thing starts right up!

Phil
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

If you had a satisfaction guaranteed, money back policy, why do you care and why are you slamming someone? Why didn't you put batteries in it to begin with? Looks to be unethical on your part to offer money back policy and then [bleep] on him when he wants his money back.
not sticking up for the op, you are not suppose to ship batteries via usps, but a lot of people ship ammo with out hazmat so whatever
almost all call out threads end the same, just an FYI for those who might think it's a good idea in the future.
not sticking up for the op, you are not suppose to ship batteries via usps, but a lot of people ship ammo with out hazmat so whatever [/quote]

Isn't it only Lithium batteries that are a problem in the mail?

Originally Posted by transalp1961
There was good communication on this transaction. I received the unit and it looked new. I read the instruction manual and tried two new batteries. I could not get the I unit to respond. He recommended I contact Leica, which I did. I spoke to one of their repair techs. Reelhook offered to pay the repair costs up to the purchase price less $20. The Leica tech said the rangefinder was 10 years old and they did not have any repair parts so it could not be repaired. I let Reelhook know about this and I said it may be better if I would just return the rangefinder for a refund. He agreed to this so I paid for the shipping and sent it back to him. I did not think there were any problems until he sent me an e-mail and pm calling me a liar, which I am not. I am out the shipping and he is out the shipping costs, which were about $12. I guess this post is his way of getting even with me for returning an item I could not get to work.

Pretty big discrepancy in the accounts, here. Curious to hear the OP's response, because transalp1961's post offers a lot of details that would certainly justify returning the rangefinder and probably be more than a little disappointed with the transaction. I'd be pretty pissed if I got a dud rangefinder that was 10 years old, only to pay return shipping for my refund.
Well Gentleman, When you sell and ship someone a product that is working when it leaves your place and is working when it comes back-how would you feel. He ask me to reduce my price which I did. When he emailed me and told me it didn't work, I knew he was lying or he felt that he had made a buying error and his wife yelled at him for spending the money. Either way, the rangefinder did work and all of the instructions were in the box. I came off of the price $90 just to move it. The man has no ethics. I did not sell it with a money back warranty. It was not bought with batteries in it and I don't store electronics that are not used daily with batteries. Some leak. If you like to do business with people like transalp1961--then go ahead but not me.
Well Gentleman, When you sell and ship someone a product that is working when it leaves your place and is working when it comes back-how would you feel.

I would take in consideration I am dealing with Joe public on an Internet forum. When you are selling something sight unseen you need to be prepared for a unsatisfied customer. You can't get a fat nose and start a call out thread because some one might be unhappy and want their money back. The best way to deal with a situation like this is give them their money back �nd get rid of them. If you are selling a quality item worth the price you are asking you should have no problem finding a satisfied customer.
Originally Posted by texken
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

not sticking up for the op, you are not suppose to ship batteries via usps, but a lot of people ship ammo with out hazmat so whatever

Ammo does not need hazmat to ship.
Weakest "call out" thread EVER.

Should have just been handled via PM like GENTLEMEN.

JMO....
I,m back with popcorn what`d I miss ?
Originally Posted by deserthunter1
I,m back with popcorn what`d I miss ?

Just some idiot bitching about a refund.
© 24hourcampfire