Home
This rifle is in excellent condition, and shoots very well with a variety of loads. The price includes shipping and a set of Talley steel rings. Will send photos to anybody interested if they provide their regular e-mail address. Am asking $595.
Up.
Up again.
Don't know why this has not been sold.

If the bolt was on the left side, it would be mine.

Steve
Apparently Ingwe has significant influence here!
Though I can assure people that a .270 does kill stuff. Have seen various .270 Winchesters quickly drop not just deer and pronghorn but elk, moose, gemsbok and wildebeest.
Good cartridge. Good gun. Good price... If I was in the market for a 270, I'd buy it.
Someone out there needs this rifle.
I certainly think so! Wouldn't be selling if I hadn't bought the Jack O'Connor commemorative Model 70 Featherweight .270 in Idaho a month ago. This CZ shoots just as well, but the wood isn't as pretty.
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
Good cartridge. Good gun. Good price... If I was in the market for a 270, I'd buy it.
Someone out there needs this rifle.

Ditto...bump.
Have sent a couple people photos, but nobody's said the magic words yet.
Up for those who've been out for a few beers this evening, and might be tempted.
Make Ingwe buy it, it's his fault it isn't selling.
Slap an FX3 6x42 Talley's and whitetails will drop dead out of pure respect...if I didn't already have one...
Thanks to all for the very nice "free bumps."
Up for the evening.
Could include some bullets....
Up.
Still some photo requesters but no takers. Apparently the rifle looks too much like what I described!
I have one of those in 6.5x55 and it shoots lights out.
All the CZ's I've shot do that, typically right out of the box. Have five others aside from this .270, from .17 Mach 2 to .416 Rigby, and they're all shooters.
Up.
Free bump - if I didn't already have a custom 270 and a FN Mauser 270, I would think seriously about it grin
bump for a nice rifle & nice guy. f i did not have my Sako A7 .270....this would work for sure. i have a friend with this rifle in 30-06..........they shoot. he see's zero reason to change. Someone needs to buy this. We are all fortunate to have JB on this forum....a true class act.
Thanks for all the nice words!
Up again.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Apparently Ingwe has significant influence here!

The gays have been having more and more national influence over the past few years....
I fart in your general direction!

[Linked Image]
Bump for a good seller and a nice rifle.
If this is the rifle that JB bought from me a year or so ago, it's one hell of a shooter. I worked up a few loads for it and then it sat in the safe for 6 years. Here's an example, and I ain't that great of a shot.

[Linked Image]
Bump
This is the rifle I bought from Skeezix, and it still shoots the same way....
Also comes in factory box, if that makes any difference to anybody.
Want to trade for a .338 that is just as accurate?
Another CZ 550, or some other rifle?
Ruger 77 mark II with sights. Would throw in a little cash.
Let me PM you. I've got another trade offer going too....
Am considering a couple of trades, but for the moment the rifle is still for sale.
Man! I want it but just cannot afford right now, otherwise I would be on it like a Democrat going to a blue-state fundraiser!
Hey, obviously I'm open to trades on this one....
What are you interested in, John?
Mostly, something I don't have already--and what I already have is too much to list....

Probably mostly interested in rifles and scopes. Sorry I can't be more specific!
Daughter needs something that she can get ammo at the store for as she does not reload.. Steyer ProHunter in an uncatalogued in the US 6.5X57? Sightron 3X9 with rings. Have lots of RWS cases dies etc that would be negotiable. Not the normal trade bait, but then again it is a looney type rifle and caliber. Very accurate with loads it likes, loads it does not like are just accurate..
Would you be interested in a 98 Mauser in 257 Roberts?
Hi guys,

Unfortunately, already have a 6.5x57! And there is a custom 98 Mauser .257 Roberts being stocked right now.
Still open to trades, or even money....
Posted By: pal famous gunwriter's rifle - 07/21/14
Thought this might help. grin
Posted By: jthurr270 Re: famous gunwriter's rifle - 07/21/14
bump for a great rifle! I have the exact same rifle myself and it shoots lights out.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: famous gunwriter's rifle - 07/22/14
Thanks, guys!

Have had some more trade offers, but apparently I own too many firearms, as I already have something very much like everything so far offered....
Posted By: Switch Re: famous gunwriter's rifle - 07/22/14
up
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: famous gunwriter's rifle - 07/25/14
Rifle has been traded.
© 24hourcampfire