Home
Selling a nice Savage 99 in the scarce pre-war Model R configuration, chambered in .250 Savage. 22" barrel, three point checkering, very good+ bore. All original condition.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The gun is in original condition with no extra holes or alterations. It does show carry wear on the bottom of the receiver. There are spots where the checkering is flattened on the forend, a shallow scratch across the right pad of the buttstock, and there are areas of roughness on the top of the barrel near the muzzle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i714.photobucket.com/al...20250%20R/IMG_3121_zpscdd1b063.jpg[/img]

All in all, however, this is a very nice old Savage in a very tough to find and desirable configuration. There are no tang cracks, and no scope mount holes, recoil pads, stock compasses, sling studs, or other alterations.

[img]http://i714.photobucket.com/al...20250%20R/IMG_3117_zpsd6d5e9d3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i714.photobucket.com/al...20250%20R/IMG_3122_zpsebe4e777.jpg[/img]

The lever still shows strong case coloring,

[img]http://i714.photobucket.com/al...20250%20R/IMG_3112_zps388be564.jpg[/img]

The gun feeds and functions flawlessly, and shoots very well.

Price is $950 shipped in the lower 48.
$900 for a face to face sale within 50 miles of Lansing, Michigan.
First PM with "I'll take it" gets the rifle.
Payment by US Postal money order.
Must ship to a C&R or FFL.

Rod
IF I WAS RICH.....
Very nice!!!

Great guy to work with too.
Let's get this thing back to the top. I came THIS close to buying it but with family issues right now I just don't dare to pull the trigger. These pre-war R's are so VERY much like the "F's" it's incredible. Rod is a great fella to deal with.
Thanks guys. UP for the evening crowd.

Rod
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Let's get this thing back to the top. I came THIS close to buying it but with family issues right now I just don't dare to pull the trigger. These pre-war R's are so VERY much like the "F's" it's incredible. Rod is a great fella to deal with.

Darn families are sooooo inconvenient! wink

Nice one Rod.
I keep being surprised by how good that three-point checkering looks on a 99. Sweet rifle!
Whats the story with the front of the forearm? That factory?
If you mean the double line around the front of the forearm, yes that is a factory feature found only on the pre-war R model.

Rod
I'll take it. PM coming
SOLD!

Rod
Crimees!!
Good snag, Scott...
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'll take it. PM coming

SMOOTH move. I can't believe this one sat so long. Yeah, it's not in the BEST condition, but an honest, ALL original, 250/3000 pre war "R" doesn't grow on trees. Congratulations.
I'll take it. PM coming

The guy that wails about the 1-14" twist 250's scores one.
I still hate the damn twist and I've had my share of them, but one still needs a pre-mil 250. That it's an R made it easy, since I don't nor have I ever owned an R.

Can't wait to drill and tap it.

I have an old hand drill, and a #10 screw I filed cutting edges into that you can use.
I still hate the damn twist and I've had my share of them, but one still needs a pre-mil 250. That it's an R made it easy, since I don't nor have I ever owned an R.

Send it to me. I'll fix it right up fer ya. Kain't garuntee a quick turn around though......... wink wink
Don't worry, it will not see a drill nor a tap. I have a gross of 87's on hand and almost as many 117gr RN's to give a try.

Expect to see this 99R on a dead deer this fall.
I haven't tried anything heavier than 100 grain. Winchester 100 gr silvertips shoot the balls. And Scott, I KNEW you wouldn't drill and tap it. I also know you'll be happy with it.
Glad its going to a good home and will be used! still like the pic of the 99 with the fly rod along that stream! Scott!
Out of town on business yesterday and last night or that R would be coming to Pa.

Nice snag Steel

It's good to get a few more south of the Mason Dixon line...
© 24hourcampfire