Home
Posted By: tack Knife ads - 09/21/14
When fifteen of the first twenty two ads are one persons knife ads, it does become a PIA. Why does each ad have to have its own top billing?
Posted By: mdv1state Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Yeah. This "knife store" is getting pretty irritating.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Usually ads from the various knife makers don't bother me but this morning was a bit much. Nearly the entire first page was knife ads.
Posted By: rattler Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
ive got like 15 knife ads out of 70 total....yep taking over smirk you know you can up the number of threads you see per page.....even if i missed a few in my quick count doesnt seem that excessive...

would love to have your guys problems that a free classified site pissed me off...
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Top posting a whole raft of ads is lame.
Posted By: VinceM Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Thanks for all the kind words & not so kind

I'd love to have my own sub forum here,but at this time it is not available,so the bumping will continue,unless I'm told otherwise by the powers that be.
I do apologize to all the irritated parties. Are you sure you don't need a knife though ?
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I'll take the knife ads that are clearly listed as to what they are, over the vague titled stuff like, bench clean off of stuff for sale that you have to click to figure out what it is.
One person top posting a raft of 20+ ads can bury other ads pretty quick on his own.. Christmas time gets particularly bad.

It goes back to the early days of the net, when blatant top posting was considered bad form.

Between the low ballers and top posters, I've gone back to ebay to sell most of my stuff.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
One person top posting a raft of 20+ ads can bury other ads pretty quick on his own.. Christmas time gets particularly bad.

It goes back to the early days of the net, when blatant top posting was considered bad form.

Between the low ballers and top posters, I've gone back to ebay to sell most of my stuff.

While there is merit to your claim,add in,ads like this,in complaining about other ads/sellers,and look at the view count on such ads. That is something to ponder too.

An internet gang rape sub forum ,perhaps ?
Posted By: geedubya Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Knife Adds?????

Over the last year or so I've become acquainted with a fellow I call VinceM.

If it were not for his adds here I would have a lot more jingle but fewer blades.

Vince features blades from a lot of "makers".

and does his own stuff as well.

For the most part V does not grind blades, but rather "handles" them.

He has "handled two complete sets for me and a few others as well as the mood strikes and my pocketbook will allow.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scales are African Blackwood, Maple, Stag and carbon fiber.

http://www.vcmcustomknives.com/

Thanks for those and all the Menefee's.

Keep up the good work.

Best,

GWB
Originally Posted by tack
When fifteen of the first twenty two ads are one persons knife ads, it does become a PIA. Why does each ad have to have its own top billing?

I've been through this before. If I list a bunch of knives in one thread ,and after time,can't edit,it becomes a big ball of confusion. I tried it,and sometimes will list 2,3,or 4 together,it really is not effective for me,to keep the ad tended too & updated
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

ads period get buried quick just due to the amount of use the classified get compared to 5 years ago due the the increase in members here.....even with my screen changed to a larger number shown not uncommon for a 24 hour period to have a half dozen pages. but its a free site that i aint paying to list stuff....
Posted By: j2dogs Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
VinceM adds do not bother me in the least. I actually like to see them.
This is the way I look at it. When an individual such as he, around Christmas time donates some pricey knives like John Lloyd folders.
To some underprivledged kids. To make their Christmas a little brighter, and possibly nudge them in the direction of a life long hunter.
I say post all the D@#$ knife adds you want VinceM.
One commercial seller top posting a raft of his product is a bit different than individual ads of different product.

It becomes boring, and my interest goes elsewhere pretty quickly.

Just a personal observation, not meant to be taken as a whole.

Posted By: RenoH414 Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Originally Posted by j2dogs
VinceM adds do not bother me in the least. I actually like to see them.
This is the way I look at it. When an individual such as he, around Christmas time donates some pricey knives like John Lloyd folders.
To some underprivledged kids. To make their Christmas a little brighter, and possibly nudge them in the direction of a life long hunter.
I say post all the D@#$ knife adds you want VinceM.

^^^EXACTLY THIS!!!^^^

I'll second Gee's sentiments. Vince gave me my start in knives and introduced me to all of them. He is one of the good guys on here who also spends a lot of his personal time helping out the local youth orgs trying to teach kids about honesty and the outdoors. In a world where not many people take the time to even acknowledge others he goes out of his way and spends his own money to make sure it happens. I for nor like to look at all his ads!! If you don't, just scroll on!!

Reno
Posted By: RickyBobby Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I guess I'll have to start bumping Vince ads to the top for him ... like last time. If it bothers you whiners that damn much, you're prolly spending too much time on here to begin with. Please go elsewhere!
within an hour they are mixed up anyway......i rarely look at them but given they are obviously knives for sale no big deal to scroll past.....for me anyway, which is why i have it set for more posts per page, makes skimming through faster
Some cow can come on here and start top posting a raft of beanie babies f/s day after day, and it would pretty much the same to me as the knives, as they hold the same amount of interest to me - none.

But I bet the screams would be a bit louder.
Thanks RB I have some real nice stuff available right now,at a time when selling seems off. Buyers,take advantage of availability ,and some prices slashed too.

Thanks All for your kind comments I do appreciate it
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I guess I'll have to start bumping Vince ads to the top for him ... like last time. If it bothers you whiners that damn much, you're prolly spending too much time on here to begin with. Please go elsewhere!

Go right ahead..

Posted By: tack Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Vince ,
You have a short memory. "The Powers to be", as you call him, gave you his suggested quide lines awhile back; which you chose to ignore.
Vince ,
You have a short memory. "The Powers to be", as you call him, gave you his suggested quide lines awhile back; which you chose to ignore.

True perhaps,can you PM me what you know ? Thank You
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Originally Posted by VinceM

I've been through this before. If I list a bunch of knives in one thread ,and after time,can't edit,it becomes a big ball of confusion. I tried it,and sometimes will list 2,3,or 4 together,it really is not effective for me,to keep the ad tended too & updated

I'm hesitant to chime in on this. I'm a knife guy, and I like Vince as well as my other knife afficionados. Lots of good guys here. And Vince's ads do not drive me crazy or anything like that. Nor close. Although, I can understand how some find it bothersome.

I believe that multiple items could and should be listed under one add when possible instead of each separately in many different ads. It's easier for all to see, doesn't piss anyone off, and nobody crying "unfair" that way. This applies to anyone wishing to list multiple items, not just Vince.

I fail to see how in any way it should be "confusing". You can't edit after a while, but you can say "#1 is sold, #4 still available", and so on. Or add more items to the list. Simple in my mind.

Again, JMO. I don't care that much either way. I like Vince and wish him well. Like the knives also.

What I would like is to see the classifieds divided into 3-4 sub-forums. MANY other sites do this. Makes things much easier. Separate the top 3-4 most heavily listed items, toss everything else into one.

JMO....
Posted By: kudu3 Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I will start by saying that I have purchased a couple of knives from Vince and based on our communications, he seems like a very likeable guy. He seems like a good businessman who has found a business strategy that works for him.

I do not mind his ads nor his frequent bumps to the top. I do not read all of his ads. It is easy to skip over them. I also find ads for a lot stuff that I have no interest in, like ARs and right hand rifles, but I am not offended by the ads or the bumps. We are a large, diverse group of enthusiasts who need to tolerate the wide range of interests of our members.

Vince is just trying to make a buck and there are a lot of more offensive ways to do it. Keep on posting Vince.

Dean
Posted By: Hairtrigger Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Well said Dean.
My experiences are much like Dean's
My experiences with Vince have been positive, my next knife will be from him
Posted By: Yippeekiay Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
+1 in the "I don't mind it" column...
It's easy enough to scroll right past if not in the market for and outstanding custom knife.
You can also increase the speed of your scrolling wheel if that helps you get past these pesky first world problems.
Options are always a good thing.
Posted By: smokinggun Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I love the knife ads! Keep them coming.
Posted By: byc Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Thanks RB I have some real nice stuff available right now,at a time when selling seems off. Buyers,take advantage of availability ,and some prices slashed too.

Thanks All for your kind comments I do appreciate it

Put them up PLEASE!! ALL of them. Heck, you know I'll buy half of them same day, which means the ads come down just about as fast as they go up.

It's called Free Classifieds. Live with it!!

geedubya I have the exact same set as you do!!! cool
Posted By: GeoW Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Being from Long Island Yew York as I see you are, are you affiliated with the New York Camera dealers that sell here?
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I work nights and just checking in.
I'm going to look at his adds now.
Great guy to deal with.
Hey Vince!!!!!
Originally Posted by GeoW
Being from Long Island Yew York as I see you are, are you affiliated with the New York Camera dealers that sell here?

No , but I've purchased 3 camera's and a set of bino's from them . They're good people to do business with
Feel free to bump my ads I appreciate you guys thanks
You bet, back to the top!
Posted By: Buckskin Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I would have to agree with Rancho Loco, too many knife ad's for me also. I just skip by all of them, don't bother looking.

Respects,
Richard
I man has to feed his family..
Posted By: basdjs Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I've got plenty of knives. Anybody know where I can get a good custom spork? wink
Posted By: Mac1978 Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
VinceM is a great asset to the forum. Has great products and takes good care of his customers!
No asset to a free classified forum to run a damned business from.
Do you think Rick set this forum up for dealers or individuals selling their used or excess items?
Knife seller takes up more than his share of space...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I am not a person who understands the fascination with knives. To me, they are simple tools and a few good ones to serve a range of purposes is all that I am interested in. Others see it differently. What surprises me is that people are constantly selling off top-end knives, the quality of which surpasses all others. Why not keep them and be happy?
Do you think Rick set this forum up for dealers or individuals selling their used or excess items?

I can't say what he started it for. But I can say,he once told me,if anyone gives me any bs, "tell 'em to come see me "

So,with that said,Drum roll please,'cause here cometh the bumpage!!
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
I think the knife ads are cluttering as well--but at least put it clearly in the title so that a guy can scroll past them.
I think I got 'em all,please let me know if I missed any Thanks All,-Vince
Posted By: lightning Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Scroll past one page; what's the problem.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I am not a person who understands the fascination with knives. To me, they are simple tools and a few good ones to serve a range of purposes is all that I am interested in. Others see it differently. What surprises me is that people are constantly selling off top-end knives, the quality of which surpasses all others. Why not keep them and be happy?

The same can be said for 99% of the stuff for sale on here.... It's an outdoors/ hunting forum....

Are grown men really sitting around bitching about moving their finger, what, maybe a half inch at most to scroll over them????? crazy

Originally Posted by joshf303
Originally Posted by 5sdad

The same can be said for 99% of the stuff for sale on here.... It's an outdoors/ hunting forum....

Are grown men really sitting around bitching about moving their finger, what, maybe a half inch at most to scroll over them????? crazy

HaHAAA I hate those terrible scope FS ads Geeez !!!
Posted By: SLM Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Dam, was hoping somebody was selling either a Menefee or Dowell folder cheap.

Posted By: Mac1978 Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
Sounds like too many of those 3" boners on here to me!
Posted By: slg888 Re: Knife ads - 09/21/14
If you cheap bastards would start buying his knifes he wouldn't have any ads to list.
Originally Posted by slg888
If you cheap bastards would start buying his knifes he wouldn't have any ads to list.

hey hey hey Stoney play nice Times are tough.
Rest assured though for every one sold I got 3 more coming.

Thank You though

Thing is,all my stuff is made by friends of mine,quality,is a best value for your buck thing & I myself would be proud to own & use
Originally Posted by smokinggun
I love the knife ads! Keep them coming.

Me too.
Best one's got the "I'll take it" post in them
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14

When it gets to the point where it appears the seller is making a living off the Campfire Classifieds, I at least hope Rick is getting a cut of the action..........

I kind've view the classifieds as a place for individuals to buy/sell/trade their own personal stuff.

Casey
Posted By: hh4whiskey Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Make a freakin' knife forum already, and we'll know where to go if we give a crap, and not have to wade through them to find the firearms stuff.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
At least when you get them bumped all at the same time they're easier to skip over.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
HOME � Forums � Gear � Free Classifieds � AWESOME AVALANCHE for sale! Can deliver anywhere in the US or Canada, guns for part trade OK too!

Where is all the support for this guy trying to sell a few things?..
Posted By: RedElk Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
I wasn't going to speak to this but it seems that opinions are being garnered.
If it matters, I would rather have a knife forum for these.
There are certainly enough of them for their own forum...
re
Posted By: tack Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Vince,
A bad memory is a lot better than a devious character. Here's the bump you asked for.
Posted By: haverluk Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Just got my first blade from Vince last month. Stand up guy. Really great to do business with. I don't mind rolling over a half dozen ads. A page of them might be a touch too much but I would rather see those than a lot of the other crap that comes through. Knives are an important tool in most of our outdoor endeavors. Vince puts quality, decently priced tools in front of us.

I think we would all be a little better off if Rick could just reformat the classified section to have more listing on one page. 15 on page one and 10 on each after is too few IMO. Maybe bump it to 20 on one and 15 for the rest.

This could do a couple things. Everybody will need to bump their stuff less to keep it in the first few pages and the guys whom hate the knife ads see more than just that on the page. Simple fix could make a lot of people happy?
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
New posts since I last was on the forum are highlighted. I don't care if I have to look through 5 pages. Doesn't matter if an ad is on the first page or not. It's not hard to open the threads you want to see and scroll over the ones you don't.

I'd rather see 5 pages of new posts / replies when I return than just a few. Makes it funner!
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Originally Posted by basdjs
I've got plenty of knives. Anybody know where I can get a good custom spork? wink

LOL !!

(crap I bumped it to the top) frown
Posted By: EricM Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
I'd buy a custom spork! Lol
Posted By: VinceM Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Mornin' Bump,did I miss any ?
Posted By: carlm Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
We need a rule to limit ad to ONE on the first page like other sites.
Posted By: woodson Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Everyone needs to worry about things that actually matter.
Posted By: RDW Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14

I can't say what he started it for. But I can say,he once told me,if anyone gives me any bs, "tell 'em to come see me "

So,with that said,Drum roll please,'cause here cometh the bumpage!!

Vince,

I have not bought a knife from you because we have never agreed on a price.

I have kept my mouth shut about the adds and the posts that have no picture and only a link back to your business website.

But the post above is just [bleep], quite simply pissing on everyone.

Posted By: SLM Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14

The adds don't bother me, but your probably not doing yourself any favors.
Posted By: JTod Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Originally Posted by SLM

Agreed, I know who I won't be buying any knives from. Obnoxious idjit.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Originally Posted by JTod
Originally Posted by SLM

Agreed, I know who I won't be buying any knives from.

+1

Where I sit on the matter.
Hey all you sour grapes posters. I've been selling on here for quite some time now & I know who my buyers are. I know who is not buying,and would be shocked if they did,I'd even be cautious to proceed,as they may bust out a jewelers loop.as if they bought a diamond,not a hiunting knife.Of course a new buyer is a good thing,but they benefit too..

It is a 2 way street

As the knives I sell can't be found with other dealers,only pre owned & from private parties.

But the thing is,I was not really sitting here counting on any sales from you sour grapes guys. It seems to be a pattern on this forum & not just with knives,either.

I'm sorry I aggrevated anyone,even if I did try a few times.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Hey all you sour grapes posters. I've been selling on here for quite some time now & I know who my buyers are. I know who is not buying,and would be shocked if they did,I'd even be cautious to proceed,as they may bust out a jewelers loop.as if they bought a diamond,not a hiunting knife.Of course a new buyer is a good thing,but they benefit too..

It is a 2 way street

As the knives I sell can't be found with other dealers,only pre owned & from private parties.

But the thing is,I was not really sitting here counting on any sales from you sour grapes guys. It seems to be a pattern on this forum & not just with knives,either.

I've considered several knives up for sale here (sucker for pretty wood) but have not purchased one yet because I didn't care for the blade or handle design.

That being said, I'll definitely stick with Gene Ingram (true nice guy) after witnessing how rude you are to the members here. I also seriously doubt Rick will end up backing this BS too so don't be too confident about who's got your back because your rear might be hangin' out in the wind.....
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14

BTW - I just looked up insincere apology in the dictionary and all I found was another one of your ads!!! smirk
I know who my buyers are. I know who is not buying,and would be shocked if they did,I'd even be cautious to proceed,as they may bust out a jewelers loop.as if they bought a diamond,not a hiunting knife.

Just a thunk...

If that's truly the case, and honestly how you feel, why not just create a group PM of all your buyers instead of posting umpteen ads on the open Forum??

Solves yours and everyone else indigestion. grin
Posted By: Teal Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I know who my buyers are. I know who is not buying,and would be shocked if they did,I'd even be cautious to proceed,as they may bust out a jewelers loop.as if they bought a diamond,not a hiunting knife.

Just a thunk...

If that's truly the case, and honestly how you feel, why not just create a group PM of all your buyers instead of posting umpteen ads on the open Forum??

This - have some fair to middlin knife makers in my family so I don't buy knives off this forum or others too often but yeah, Vince won't be a guy to get my cash.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Easy ways to fix this:

1. Create a sponsor's classifieds

or

2. Limit active classifieds ads to one or two per person

Save us from having to deal with over the top listing of ads by a few individuals, which is a big internet no no.
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
What a bunch of [bleep]. Butch of crybabies. Nobody has ever been screwed or forced to look at anything.
Originally Posted by teal

Just a thunk...

This - have some fair to middlin knife makers in my family so I don't buy knives off this forum or others too often but yeah, Vince won't be a guy to get my cash.
one of the stupidest post on the thread. Funny although
Posted By: reelman Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
It's not only their 10 million ads but the fact that they bump them so often.
I agree. I thought VinceM's post was rather silly. And my factious reply was an attempt to show just how silly and disingenuous his post was.

He's being just as childish and pouty as his detractors. I personally don't give a sheit how many ads he creates, nor how many times he bumps them TTT. I've got a strong index finger and smooth wheel on my mouse to scroll on past.

Carry on gentleman, I enjoy the entertainment. grin
I think I would take that up with Rickbin. Until then your vote don't count. wink
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Methinks some of the cunnies on here should start their own forum. [bleep], who gives a shiet about the 10000000 Obama threads in the Fire section or what rifle should I use for deer, for the 1 millionth time.

99% of the shiet posted here and everywhere else on the 'Fire I have no interest in, but it sure as hell don't bother me none.

I think you girls with your twats in a ringer should sent a petition to Rick, see how that goes.

Otherwise, get the [bleep] over yourselves.

Holy Christ, I know why Obama was elected.
I can see a dog-pile on some damn crook. But a guy that's contributes in a positive way to this forum and has for many years. Shame / it's like a bunch of woman
I bet they wouldn't be bitching if there were 100 different threads started by someone selling CCI Mini-Mags at $10 per 500.
Probably not, but the Campfire by and large is a fickle lot. As you've so succinctly espoused numerous times, "People are fuggers". grin
They ain't a fickle lot, they are a bunch of liberal idiots, they pound there chest like a conservative. Everything is ok, so long as it's done the way they think it should be.

Sounds just like a damned Yankee to me.

What a bunch of c u n t s
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
I've been on the campfire pretty much since the inception and I am still amazed at how many people think they run the place when Rick is the only one that I can recall authorized to make any rules. The mangina crop seems to be growing well lately.

Originally Posted by mtnman1
I've been on the campfire pretty much since the inception and I am still amazed at how many people think they run the place when Rick is the only one that I can recall authorized to make any rules. The mangina crop seems to be growing well lately.

The sandy soil is the key. smile
Posted By: deflave Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14

I thought I was in charge?

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Travis Thanks for coming to the debate & posting. Much appreciated.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
What a bunch of [bleep]. Butch of crybabies. Nobody has ever been screwed or forced to look at anything.

Good thing Vince never charged me for his knowledge and advise on custom knives or I'd owe him 5 grand or more.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Methinks some of the cunnies on here should start their own forum. [bleep], who gives a shiet about the 10000000 Obama threads in the Fire section or what rifle should I use for deer, for the 1 millionth time.

99% of the shiet posted here and everywhere else on the 'Fire I have no interest in, but it sure as hell don't bother me none.

I think you girls with your twats in a ringer should sent a petition to Rick, see how that goes.

Bbbbut Steelie, the last 5 posts from you in this thread you're whining like the whiners.

Think about it......

And stop whining.

wink

Casey

Besides, if Vince's claim is right, he already has a known group of people who buy,and the rest of us are chopped liver.

I kind'a like Fosteology's idea--Vince should just PM his knife groupies and leave the rest of us ignorant souls alone.

Then again, I have given serious consideration to a few knives of Vince's that I liked--lot less chance now of me pulling the trigger.

What Vince apparently doesn't understand, once he instigates a Campfire Pizzing Match, it becomes pretty difficult to put that bobcat back in the burlap bag......

Casey
That's always been free. Roy looking over this thread I realize why i don't like dealing with people. Lots are breathing air I would rather my hounds were breathing
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

SYSOPS, is that you?.......
Posted By: JTod Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
They ain't a fickle lot, they are a bunch of liberal idiots, they pound there chest like a conservative. Everything is ok, so long as it's done the way they think it should be.

Sounds just like a damned Yankee to me.

What a bunch of c u n t s

You calling people names doesn't make 20 knife ads in 20 separate posts from a single user bumped daily any less annoying.
Casey. Selling is slow so that's why all the spare threads running loose
Now I did not instigate this thread Tack drew first blood with his whine.

I never said any one was chopped liver. What I said was that a lot of the sour grapes posters were highly unlikely to be or become a buyer from me , and I find that interesting.

Today I've also been called ," rude" to members.

If I was and did not realize it I apologize. But there's a fair share of rudeness to be had around here

Get it straight before you post
Posted By: SLM Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
I see nobody has a Menefee or Dowell folder for sale cheap still.

I'll check back later.
Posted By: tack Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
^^^
Posted By: GeoW Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Perhaps Rick would consider a gun classifieds forum?
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
A separate listing column.......please.
Actually the Classifieds could remain the same.. All but a few people sell here without going overboard.

Perhaps a separate forum for safariman for sale and one for VinceM knives would probably suffice for now. One for a crook, the other for a hog.
Hey GeoW I think there are professionals out there ,or others perhaps, that can help you. It's not healthy walking around with all that penned up , up there. Take care
Thanks Vince! Likewise..
Casey. Selling is slow so that's why all the spare threads running loose
Now I did not instigate this thread Tack drew first blood with his whine.

I never said any one was chopped liver. What I said was that a lot of the sour grapes posters were highly unlikely to be or become a buyer from me , and I find that interesting.

Today I've also been called ," rude" to members.

If I was and did not realize it I apologize. But there's a fair share of rudeness to be had around here

Get it straight before you post

Somebody else complained, your response(s) were sure to start a pizzing match, and you did indeed start the scope ad thread.

Stop digging a hole--it WILL cost you business.

Casey

Originally Posted by rickmenefee

Just a thunk...

one of the stupidest post on the thread. Funny although

My problem with Vince isn't the number of threads - I go right past them but with the attitude he's shown here.

"I have a group of about 12-25 guys that buy my knives so I'll just piss off the 50,000 other guys on purpose because I know I can count on those 12-25." Tells me he's a prick, unless you have money for him.

That's BS - it's FREE customer feedback as to people he MAY be alienating here on the classifieds.

If you're laughing at my "family who can make knives" comment - my great grandfather was the knife shop foreman at Marbles during the heydays - talking the 20s - 60's, my uncle followed in his footsteps. (would be his son in-law, married one of his daughters) Robert J Young. He knows a thing or three about making knives and has been doing it a long assed time. If you look at Bark River Knife and Tool or Rapid River Knife works - you'll see their influence.

I need a knife, I get it from him.

But go ahead - keep acting like an ass to your customer base, never let me get in the way of someone who doesn't know better.
Once again,gang mentality found here on 24,misconstruing & twisting words.

Now it's a "Prick" , but I'm rude

Is it time to bump 'em boys ? There are now 2 less threads since I sold two.

I'll probably not. Real guys who are interested ,and not for ganging up pissed off,they know where to find me.
Perception is reality - I perceive you to be a prick.
You're fine being nice to the guys giving you $$ but anyone who may have an issue with your business here - you're fine pissing off on purpose as you stated.

That's a prick.

Reading isn't your strong suite either - I have no issue with the number of ads you have - stated so as well. I never even noticed you on the fire here outside of this thread. In this thread and then your scope thread - you come across as a prick or rude - chose your word.
teal I've been called out,before here,on a whining thread,like this. I'll say it again,many knives in one post gets confusing,especially if they sell slow,like now. With no way to edit the thread it becomes very confusing to the person trying to figure out what's what.

Now I do realize lately I've been bumping my threads,all of them,all at once. But I only did it once in the morning and once in the evening,as it was easier.
I will not bump them all like that at once , again,because I see it obviously irritates a good amount of guys here.

I sell the knives,I promote some makers work,I enjoy it,I have fun. But it is not a multi million dollar operation,it is just a side thing I do.

So in an attempt to reason with a few here who seem reasonable,I give you my word I won't bump more than 3 threads at any one given page I hope that makes some of you feel better.

If not,I think you know what to do
Honestly Vince - re-read the OP.

No one called you out by name. He called out a specific practice. You came in and self-identified yourself as the person doing the activity. There are several pseudo commercial knife sellers here you only you have entered the thread/discussion. Either they're not doing it and are able to make a buck or it's not all about you.

Numerous guys post a lot of items for sale in 1 thread and as the thread goes and sales are made they bump it by stating "1, 4,5, 6 and 7 are sold. 1,2,3,8, 9 and 10 are still available"

Do what you want, I don't care but I was simply stating what I've seen in this thread.

No one called you out by name. He called out a specific practice. You came in and self-identified yourself as the person doing the activity. There are several pseudo commercial knife sellers here you only you have entered the thread/discussion. Either they're not doing it and are able to make a buck or it's not all about you.

Numerous guys post a lot of items for sale in 1 thread and as the thread goes and sales are made they bump it by stating "1, 4,5, 6 and 7 are sold. 1,2,3,8, 9 and 10 are still available"

Do what you want, I don't care but I was simply stating what I've seen in this thread.

Andrew, OK,re read this,re read that I got you But at this point WTF do you want ? Because it seems nothing will change you yourself,from being a prick,that you are so quick to call someone else

What is it that you want ? ' You don't care ' So,what is it,that you want ??
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
I haven't read all this ..and I don't intend to take the time.
However, it seems to me an awful lot of guys would be interested in good knives.
Knives go hand in hand with guns, especially with hunters, or guys that cut their own meat.
That being said , I am interested in high-end knives, mostly original Morseths, but for some reason I never click on knife ads here. They are a little much. But , I don't want to run knife makers/ sellers off, or whine about them. They are just fine..........
Cisco
Posted By: RDW Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...46730/all/Fort_Henry_Custom_Knives_A_kni

Andrew, OK,re read this,re read that I got you But at this point WTF do you want ? Because it seems nothing will change you yourself,from being a prick,that you are so quick to call someone else

Not a damned thing. I was simply joining the conversation - you know, the point of a forum. Kinda like getting in on the football discussion - I don't want to play but sure as hell know that the Packers are in serious trouble. I don't have to want anything. There's no such thing as a 2 or 3 page classified ad. Once it goes beyond about 12 posts - there's a discussion going on and it might be interesting. How I see it.

I'm a prick, at times, and I'm comfortable with that. Then again, I'm not asking people for money either where how I come across matters.

Other than MAYBE listing a Krieger blank on the classifieds, I don't think I've listed anything else here. (just can't honestly remember if I listed it here or somewhere else - still have the blank and it's probably still for sale should someone want it)

Not a damned thing. I was simply joining the conversation - you know, the point of a forum. Kinda like getting in on the football discussion - I don't want to play but sure as hell know that the Packers are in serious trouble. I don't have to want anything.

I'm a prick, at times and I'm comfortable with that. Then again, I'm not asking people for money either.

Other than MAYBE listing a Krieger blank on the classifieds, I don't think I've listed anything else here. (just can't honestly remember if I listed it here or somewhere else - still have the blank and it's probably still for sale should someone want it)

Andrew there is one guy on this forum who makes the rules & that's Rick Bin. Are you a moderator or something ? The classifieds is for selling,not for discussion.
Now as we speak another guy who wants to enforce rules,or enforce some kind of control,in his mind,is bumping all my threads.

You guys can all gang on that now & say I had something to do with it.
Posted By: Fullfan Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
All the knife ads are kind of outrageous, I have looked as several. Still trying to figure out who could afford a 200.00 + knife?? And Y they would pay that?? You know what is said about a fool and his money...

LOL
Originally Posted by Fullfan
All the knife ads are kind of outrageous, I have looked as several. Still trying to figure out who could afford a 200.00 + knife?? And Y they would pay that?? You know what is said about a fool and his money...

LOL

FullFan these are hand made & a statement like that is very insulting to a custom knife maker. There is a very big industry of knives,very wide spectrum & honestly $200. is the tip of the iceberg.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Vince,

Just to let you know, you are losing business by dealing this way. If that matters to you, I know not.
Posted By: kudu3 Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
Vince, You should have listened to SLM this morning on pg.7. Vince,

You have not done yourself any favors today. Even someone who supported you and have purchased knives from you will look at you in a different light after today. I think you let them get to you and in retrospect, you may regret some of what you said and how you said it.

I am not here to judge. Best of luck in your future knife business.

Dean
Posted By: penrod72 Re: Knife ads - 09/22/14
I seldom post, but check the classifieds nightly. I find the knife ads annoying at times from Vince, but check them from time to time depending on the title. I can always scroll by them. As a woodworker and sometime forester the wood is sometimes awesome, but I will likely never buy - I have 3 very nice knives and not enough to use them on.

As far as Vince's comments go- I find them humorous in this thread, and he is returning what he is getting when attacked. Not knowing him as a person, I cannot comment on him as a prick or rude - I thought the insincere apology and most of his comments funny, since I am just a bystander and do not have my panties in a wad already.

Its a free forum - put him and his ads on ignore and worry about something important.
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Always funny to me, Vince contributes constantly on the knife forum, pays to be here, has given knives away to help kids on here, has given knives away to needy hunters here, has helped after the tornadoes in OK with giveaways and support, has been on this forum longer than most, brought a lot of talented knife makers to this forum that post helpful info who likely wouldn't be here otherwise, brings people to Rick's forum specifically looking for his offerings who might not otherwise be here and yet suddenly a bunch of people find it so easy to pile on who don't pay a thing to be here. I'm sure Rick loves having his drawing cards antagonized.
Posted By: VinceM Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
I appreciate all of you guys if you have not bought from me ,supported me ,or if you did.

Reading your posts & seeing the force of un reasonable people that probably will not or won't be customers, I see as I was warned,there is no way to reason here.

With that said anyone can bump my threads ,you know where to get in touch if need be. I'll lay off the sales here for a while & strictly post on BF's. It really does not hurt me like you might think.
I sell hand made stuff,it is not mass produced.

Anyhow,one more thing,GeoW with the hog comment,I'll have you know I've given more custom knives away to peeps in need this year,more than some of the sour grapes posters will buy in thier lifetimes.

So,I'll be on the lurk and no one will need to worry about me ruining your coffee break or whatever it is that trips your guard dog trigger.
Posted By: Teal Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14

Andrew there is one guy on this forum who makes the rules & that's Rick Bin. Are you a moderator or something ? The classifieds is for selling,not for discussion.
Now as we speak another guy who wants to enforce rules,or enforce some kind of control,in his mind,is bumping all my threads.

Where did I mention that I was enforcing any rules? Where did I state you were violating any rules? Where did I state you needed to follow specific rules?

In fact you're making up rules yourself "the classifieds are for selling, not discussion" - odd, Rick doesn't seem to have that rule posted anywhere. What are you a moderator or something? If so you made a rule that Rick doesn't have enumerated here and you violated it yourself with your scope sale thread.

The ONLY rule I see Rick has hung for the classifieds is as follows:

Free Classifieds are provided as a service for private parties only.

How he chooses to enforce that is on him, not me. I've not commented on if I believe how you're posting does or does not follow neither the letter nor the spirit of that rule. I simply stated that I don't typically purchase knives here because I have other avenues but I also have decided not to purchase from you. I later explained why which had nothing to do with the multiple knife threads but how you handled someone taking issue with it.

I don't speak for him and haven't here. You have though.

ETA - I only seriously got involved in the discussion when a knife maker here made light of my family's ability to make knives without knowing who that may or may not be. You sir showed class in staying away from something like that. Commendable.
Posted By: byc Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Vince,

Just to let you know, you are losing business by dealing this way. If that matters to you, I know not.

No he's not!!

More knives! More Knives!!

Where is UBERMan???? Damn man get in here and enforce YOUR rules!!
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
One example of recent note...

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9044909/1

Where did I mention that I was enforcing any rules? Where did I state you were violating any rules? Where did I state you needed to follow specific rules?

In fact you're making up rules yourself "the classifieds are for selling, not discussion" - odd, Rick doesn't seem to have that rule posted anywhere. What are you a moderator or something? If so you made a rule that Rick doesn't have enumerated here and you violated it yourself with your scope sale thread.

How he chooses to enforce that is on him, not me. I've not commented on if I believe how you're posting does or does not follow neither the letter nor the spirit of that rule. I simply stated that I don't typically purchase knives here because I have other avenues but I also have decided not to purchase from you. I later explained why which had nothing to do with the multiple knife threads but how you handled someone taking issue with it.

ETA - I only seriously got involved in the discussion when a knife maker here made light of my family's ability to make knives without knowing who that may or may not be. You sir showed class in staying away from something like that. Commendable.

Fair enough Andrew. I'd never mess with a knife makers livelihood.
Posted By: SLM Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14

LOL

This fool has parted with his a time or two, and hope to do it again soon. Even tried working a trade with Vince and he was very helpful.

I'm still not seeing a Menefee or Dowell folder for cheap.
Oddly enough - I came into a free knife this weekend.

A couple of weeks ago someone went through my vehicle looking for who knows what. Found my sweatshirt 3 doors down but that was the only thing taken.

Digging through the back seat this weekend, found a nice little Kershaw - Ken Onion knife. Similar to a Leek. I've never had one, no one has ever ridden in the back seat in the 3 years I've owned the car so the thief must have dropped it.

I didn't lose anything and gained a handy pocket knife.
Always funny to me, Vince contributes constantly on the knife forum, pays to be here, has given knives away to help kids on here, has given knives away to needy hunters here, has helped after the tornadoes in OK with giveaways and support, has been on this forum longer than most, brought a lot of talented knife makers to this forum that post helpful info who likely wouldn't be here otherwise, brings people to Rick's forum specifically looking for his offerings who might not otherwise be here and yet suddenly a bunch of people find it so easy to pile on who don't pay a thing to be here. I'm sure Rick loves having his drawing cards antagonized.

Thanks Dale. I don't need alot of friends but nice to know I have real good ones
Originally Posted by SLM

LOL

This fool has parted with his a time or two, and hope to do it again soon. Even tried working a trade with Vince and he was very helpful.

There are certain things every man should own at one point in their life. A quality knife, good fly rod and top shelf booze are all on that list.

A couple of weeks ago someone went through my vehicle looking for who knows what. Found my sweatshirt 3 doors down but that was the only thing taken.

Digging through the back seat this weekend, found a nice little Kershaw - Ken Onion knife. Similar to a Leek. I've never had one, no one has ever ridden in the back seat in the 3 years I've owned the car so the thief must have dropped it.

I know an old time knife maker,buddy of Menefee's. He knows Ken Onion. He told me a story about a greeting with ,the actor,wtf is his name ?,does the kung fu movies ? Anyhow he was with Ken Onion in a Vegas show and was introduced to my old timer knife maker friend & what was said was priceless. Kershaw does knives with his name on it,you know the guy ,anyhow he had waay too much cologne on and the dialogue was priceless. You'd have to know our friend ...

Oh,yeah Steven Segal

Fair enough Andrew. I'd never mess with a knife makers livelihood.

I'm not even sure how much Uncle Bob does it anymore - I just know if I need a new one (and I'm a fixed blade guy), I just call him. He has a lot of that old Marble's steel still - the knives are scary sharp and they work for what I need.

I do have a neat old pic of the Marbles shop back in the 20's with my great-grandfather in it - wish I could scan it and share.

I know an old time knife maker,buddy of Menefee's. He knows Ken Onion. He told me a story about a greeting with ,the actor,wtf is his name ?,does the kung fu movies ? Anyhow he was with Ken Onion in a Vegas show and was introduced to my old timer knife maker friend & what was said was priceless. Kershaw does knives with his name on it,you know the guy ,anyhow he had waay too much cologne on and the dialogue was priceless. You'd have to know our friend ...

Oh,yeah Steven Segal

Had family - distant that did some hollyweird stuff - said Segal was a prick wink

Posted By: boliep Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14

I have to wonder why some commercial companies pay fees to advertise here but a commercial knife company can advertise for free.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Bbbbut Steelie, the last 5 posts from you in this thread you're whining like the whiners.

Think about it......

And stop whining.

wink

Casey

Ya think?
Posted By: Joseywales Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
[quote=SLM][quote=Fullfan]...There are certain things every man should own at one point in their life. A quality knife, good fly rod and top shelf booze are all on that list.

Reeves Aviator - check
Fly rod - check
Tissott Watch - I know, but to me it's alot of $$$ for a watch
Macallan 18 Year - waiting for Santa
Originally Posted by SLM

LOL

There are certain things every man should own at one point in their life. A quality knife, good fly rod and top shelf booze are all on that list.

I agree, just picked up another bottle of Jack Daniels.
Posted By: kudu3 Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
The only things I would add are one FAST car and one good bird dog.

Dean
Posted By: geedubya Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Vince,

seeing as how all those adds/posts for rifles/scopes/brass/barrels/fall cleanout/boots/gear/accessories/bullets/hoopla are getting in the way of VinceM knife adds for sale, I figure I'd just post an "I'LL TAKE IT" here for the ram horn Menefee 3-finger.......

Should make a nice compliment for my Ram horn Badley.

[Linked Image]

Keep up the good work V..................

Best,

GWB
Posted By: RDW Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
W, the 3-finger sold at 2:56 today.
ya' don't say

wonder who bought it????

JAFO,

GWB

Posted By: joshf303 Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Originally Posted by geedubya
ya' don't say

wonder who bought it????

JAFO,

GWB

I KNEW I should have bought that Badley from Reno when I had the chance!
Originally Posted by RDW

See what I mean about all those other adds getting in the way......

Good thing I called ahead. LOL

JAFO,

GWB
Posted By: RDW Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
It was only bumped 40 times, you blind or what?
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
There are a number of sellers on 24HCF that absolutely suck and would screw you in a second. Vince isn't one of those guys. I also like the fact that he helps promote a lot of the knife builders we have here on 24HCF

I have seen him give knives away here on the fire just out of kindness. I prefer guys like that over a lot of guys here.

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Are you kidding?! How could I have missed this amazing opportunity?
Originally Posted by RDW
It was only bumped 40 times, you blind or what?

Pigs get fat!

[Linked Image]

Hogs get slaughtered.

Figured I'd give youse guys first crack. However at a certain point, that ramhorn 3 finger was just too good a deal for me to pass on, IMHO of course.

JAFO,

GWB
Posted By: Backroads Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
I would rather see 5 whole pages of knife ads than a hormonal whine thread about scrolling past them.

Keep up the good work Vince.
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Funny as hell to see this thread, I've been off the campfire doing way more fishing than shooting or hunting for the last 3-4 months and when I logged on and went to the classifieds I thought........WTF is with all these knife ads, can't this guy put em on one thread like most people who list multiple items of the same flavor!
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by RDW

See what I mean about all those other adds getting in the way......

Good thing I called ahead. LOL

JAFO,

GWB

That one was very tempting Gee'.

Originally Posted by SLM

That one was very tempting Gee'.

Tell me about it.

Restraint don't start with a "W"

JAFO,

GWB
If you get bored with it ,I'll trade you a rusty Case.

Originally Posted by SLM
If you get bored with it ,I'll trade you a rusty Case.

[Linked Image]

SLM,
let me trim a couple hundred stogies, cape/skin a few hogs and deer and open up a bunch of Negra Modelo bottles with it. Then when we get together to perforate some porkers, we might just work something out.

JAFO,

GWB
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Geedub..
I grow tired of scrolling thru your constant posts of stunning rifles, fine scenery, sick knives, good food and libations, and general rabble-rousing across the land doing whatever the hell you want...
Please stop, if only for my egos sake..
10/4

See you tomorrow.

Best,

GWB
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
Same time same place.. grin
Posted By: smokinggun Re: Knife ads - 09/23/14
I haven't bought one of VinceM's knives. Actually I did buy one from someone reselling one, it was a birthday gift for my brother. After reading all of this crying, I do plan to buy one of Vince's knives from him in the near future.

Posting this so-called ad in the classifieds was rude to begin with.
Posted By: VinceM Re: Knife ads - 09/24/14
Originally Posted by smokinggun
I haven't bought one of VinceM's knives. Actually I did buy one from someone reselling one, it was a birthday gift for my brother. After reading all of this crying, I do plan to buy one of Vince's knives from him in the near future.

Posting this so-called ad in the classifieds was rude to begin with.

Thank You
© 24hourcampfire