Home
Winchester New Haven Classic Sporter in 30-06
Painted factory synthetic stock.
Function is spot on and accuracy in my limited shooting as been very good dropping 150 factory Rems and 165 BT handloads into nice 1"-ish groups. 24" barrel

Bore is great and metal is 99%

Buy it to hunt/shoot it, re-stock it, build off it or just plain own it as good Classics are seemingly hard to come by these days.

$499 + shipping - to FFL from individual ( SOLD )

Feel free to PM questions or for more pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Pm sent
That's an extremely good deal. You won't find one cheaper, especially in that condition. Bump for one of the good guys..
Posted By: Anjin Re: WTS - Model 70 Classic 30-06 - 10/19/14
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
That's an extremely good deal. You won't find one cheaper, especially in that condition. Bump for one of the good guys..

Good guy, to be sure, but I assume that at that price it is a push feed, and thus commands a somewhat low price.

There are those who really like them, Harry Selby comes to mind, but the market is the market. Still a good price for that. I love 70s.
It's a CRF.
Posted By: STS45 Re: WTS - Model 70 Classic 30-06 - 10/19/14
I'll take it. PM sent.
Originally Posted by Anjin

Good guy, to be sure, but I assume that at that price it is a push feed, and thus commands a somewhat low price.

There are those who really like them, Harry Selby comes to mind, but the market is the market. Still a good price for that. I love 70s.

You know what they say about assuming
Posted By: TDN Re: WTS - Model 70 Classic 30-06 - 10/19/14
Guys, this CRF gem is SOLD!

I'll let you in on a little secret: If anyone knows Model 70's it's tdn. If he says it's a "Classic" sporter, it's a CRF. Well worth his asking price. Someone stole that thing!!!! Congrats to the buyer...
2nds in case no one has said that. Kicking myself for not jumping on this when I first saw it.
Posted By: STS45 Re: WTS - Model 70 Classic 30-06 - 10/19/14
Thanks! Looking forward to it.
Posted By: Anjin Re: WTS - Model 70 Classic 30-06 - 10/20/14
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I do not mind being wrong about that. It is nice to see a good deal. laugh

You know what they say about assuming
Posted By: 79S Re: WTS - Model 70 Classic 30-06 - 10/20/14
With the blued extractor too [bleep] I go out of town two days and I miss this [bleep]! Blued extractor a good indicator of either a 5 digit or low 6 digit.
My 7 digit 7mm STW has the blued extractor.

I am sure the new owner of this rifle is very happy. You can't hardly buy a Savage for that price.
Posted By: 79S Re: WTS - Model 70 Classic 30-06 - 10/20/14
Originally Posted by oilburner350
My 7 digit 7mm STW has the blued extractor.

I am sure the new owner of this rifle is very happy. You can't hardly buy a Savage for that price.

I said indicator smile
© 24hourcampfire