Home
It is in excellent condition with only a bit of mild muzzle wear in the bluing? Have a guy wanting to sell me his. I am only interested if I can move it a long for a fair price. It's more gun than I would ever need. Thinking that the guys who elk hunt might want something like this. What would be a fair value for this gun? Thanks for any feedback.
What vintage?
A pre-64 would probably be in the $4,500 range if in great shape. They newer "Classic" model...maybe $900-$1,100.
Did they produce pre-64 super grades in 338?

I'd agree with the $900 to $1100 whether a New Haven or FN post 64.

If it is a pre-64, I imagine it is extremely rare. I think that the end of super grade production and the beginning of the .338 win mag were pretty close together. I've never heard of a pre-64 .338 that wasn't an Alaskan but I'm far from an expert on the subject.
Biebs is pretty sharp about his guns. Dumb as a boxer rocks about everything else. Lol
IMHE, a Gulf Coast state sale of a large magnum caliber will lose another $100 from the "average".
It is definately not a pre 64. My guess would be an early 2000's or 90's model. It is the classic control round feed action.
I think the mid 90's Super Grades were dubbed, " Super Grade III"
Initially produced in the early 90's, in only 3 calibers----
300 Win Mag
338 Win Mag
7MM Rem Mag
$950.00
This is what the early classic Supergrades looked like. (Mine in .300 Winnie)

[Linked Image]
Later ones had ebony forend tips.
© 24hourcampfire