Home
Early 1980s Smith and Wesson 1500 Deluxe bolt action rifle in 7mm Mag. Has Monte Carlo walnut stock with checkered grip and fore end and S&W factory recoil pad. The walnut has nice straight grain and deep rich color but is not too shiny. The barrel is 24" with no sights. Bore is perfect and action is nice and smooth. The trigger is excellent with I am guessing about a 3-3.5lb pull and no creep. The action is very smooth. The wood has scattered light hunting dings, but none are conspicuous. The metal is in excellent shape with no rust and just a little bluing loss at the muzzle. The back side of the trigger guard is scratched a bit and the magazine floor place has a few light scratches. It is still a very nice looking rifle, just wanted to mention the blemishes. It has been hunted with but taken care of. It comes with a cheap Simmons scope in Leupold/Redfield type base and rings. It is serviceable, but would have been replaced by a Leupold or similar if I were keeping it.

These were made for S&W by Howa of Japan and the action is nearly identical to the Howa or Weatherby Vanguard, this one just seems to be blued nicer and has a nice walnut stock. It is a well-balanced rifle. I traded into the rifle, but magnun bolt guns are just not my thing.

$475 + shipping (add another $25 if your ffl dealer will not accept shipment from a private seller)

I do not have photos of the rifle, but have given an accurate description of it. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

I might also be willing to trade for a Marlin or Savage levergun or walnut stocked bolt action in a smaller caliber.
btt
Apparently this is a little better scope than I thought. It is a Simmons 44 Mag 3-10x44. Not a bad scope at all really.

Package reduced to $475 shipped.
Must be a little high on my price. Reduced to $450 shipped for a very clean 30 year old rifle. I have overemphasized the rifles flaws as usual. It looks close to new really.
btt
Where in Bama are you located?
I am in the B'ham area.
$435 shipped. Did I mention it has a really sweet trigger?
Open to reasonable offers
btt
btt
btt
Reduced to $415 shipped.
Reduced to $395 shipped. A lot of gun for the money.
btt
Reduced to $365 shipped, final reduction.
btt
btt
SOLD pending funds.
© 24hourcampfire