Home
Posted By: ramrod340 Offering Stock Duplication - 11/25/14
Well it is winter and I need a few $$ for my next project. So I'm offering to do some stock duplication. $115 plus shipping on one of my patterns. Or for a few $$ more I can copy yours. These would be a 95% finished blank.

Here are some of the patterns I have. Mostly Mauser.

Bottom is the 1903. Top is a Mexican and 94-96 in the middle.[Linked Image]

Next two pictures are Large Ring 98s
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Here is a couple of them finished.[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: tojohn Re: Offering Stock Duplication - 11/25/14
For clarification, you are quoting the cost of duplication without wood, correct?
Sorry. Yes that is a labor cost only. Your wood or I can help you locate something you like. I have a VERY limited number of blanks. Most in the low $$ range. Something like this is $50.
[Linked Image]

While this would be a $175 French Walnut.
[Linked Image]
Can you duplicate off my fiberglass stock without harming it in any way?
Yes

The stock will have to be mounted between centers. On a wood stock I screw into the barrel channel. A dowel could be hot glued in your channel. Or even held in place by duct tape. On the butt if the pad can't be removed the I clamp around it. That does leave about 1" of the butt that can't be copied. My guide is Teflon but we could always put a layer of masking tape on your stock. Anything the mounting blocks cover I can't copy.
pm to the OP.........Nice stocks
Can you do Shotgun butt stocks?
I can copy yours. I only have a couple patterns for the Savage 99.

If it is a complicated o/u or SXS you would be better off with someone that has a high $$$ machine. I can't rotate my cutter to cut straight up and down so there would be a lot of fitting on say a side lock. Basic pump and auto no problem.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Offering Stock Duplication - 11/25/14
TAG
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
TAG
For sure the rest of the year is booked. Get in line for 2015.
Could you copy a Steyr-Mannlicher Model M Professional stock in a laminated blank?
In about 5-7 years........ Got a barn full drying...
Yes I can copy your Model M. I don't have a pattern.

I believe that is a 1 piece stock. Correct?
Duplication $115. Setup of your stock $15.
Since a laminate cuts so slow it takes almost 1.5 as much time to cut. Not to mention what it does to the bits. Current upcharge for a laminate is $50. Total $180 plus return shipping.

I can get to it late January or Feb.
Yep it is a 1 piece plastic stock. Thanks
Can you supply a laminate blank and at what cost or would I need to supply it?
Posted By: WeimGuy Re: Offering Stock Duplication - 12/14/14
What would the cost be on a basic Pump shotgun buttstock. wood included. I have one someone cut the stock on and would like it longer.
Pacecars- I have no laminated blanks. I normally just have the customer drop ship his blank to me if he doesn't already have one. Richards comes to mind. I'm sure there are others.

Weimguy. What pump? I bet you can find a takeoff or something like Boyds cheaper.
Posted By: Bruzer Re: Offering Stock Duplication - 12/15/14
Pm sent.
© 24hourcampfire