Home
New Haven rifle only, 5 or 6 digit serial number.

PM with offers....anyone have a safe queen?
Bump
I'm not aware any SS Fwt's were made in G-5 or G-6 digits... not dogmatic about it, but I'm pretty sure they weren't except from the custom shop.
Originally Posted by Brad
I'm not aware any SS Fwt's were made in G-5 or G-6 digits... not dogmatic about it, but I'm pretty sure they weren't except from the custom shop.

I agree. Looking at my old catalogs I don't seen any. Next best would be a Kimber Montana which is stainless and featherweight.
I have a 5 digit .308 stainless featherweight in the safe right now fellas.
would love to see a photo of it.
Sure...PM your cell phone number and I'll get a few tomorrow in the light
I sold a 30-06 SS Ftw either here or Gunbroker a while back that was G +5 digits. No doubt about it.
There's also two 6 digit All-Terrains in the safe.
Bump

I have a 5 digit ss in 22-250. Been a while since I saw a 6 digit 7-08 though.

I will keep my eye peeled for you.

I have a 7 digit blued 7-08 that I have compared to the 5 and 6 digits I have. Must say that I don't see any major differences in machine quality etc. both feel solid when cycling the bolt.

I prefer the crown on my 7 digits to the rounded "hunter crown" on my 5 and 6 digits.

*cough*you sold me one*cough*
The 5 digit ones should have the little screw on the safety.
On the shroud, yes.
Pics on their way to those who requested.
I was referring to the 7-08 you asked about, not the Classic Stainless Fwt 22-250, 243, 308, 270, or 30-06... all of which were made in 5&6 digit, and all of which I've had.

The question was about a SS Fwt 7-08, and like I said, none were made to my knowledge, except by the custom shop.
Originally Posted by jryoung

I think maybe what Brad is saying is that they were not listed as "Classic Featherweight" on the barrel, but rather they were listed as "Classic Stainless" even though they had light contour barrels.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by jryoung

I think maybe what Brad is saying is that they were not listed as "Classic Featherweight" on the barrel, but rather they were listed as "Classic Stainless" even though they had light contour barrels.

Thanks DD, but like I've said now 3 times, to my knowledge USRAC never made a Classic Stainless Fwt 7-08 except as a custom shop option.

It seems to escape some on this thread, including nyrifleman, the question was about a classic ss fwt 7-08... perhaps I should have been clearer, but I assumed, since the thread was about a SS Fwt 7-08, no more clarity was needed... big mistake laugh

The rifle I sold to jryoung was a classic stainless Fwt 30-06.
Not a 7-08.

Would also add I sold a Classic SS Fwt 308 on the forum less than a month ago...

Originally Posted by nyrifleman

Re: WTB Winchester 70 Classic Stainless Featherweight 7mm-08

New Haven rifle only, 5 or 6 digit serial number.

PM with offers....anyone have a safe queen?

Maybe this is clearer... USRAC never made a Classic Stainless fwt 7-08 in either G-5 or G-6 digits except as a custom shop offering.

Clear enough? laugh
I haven't had a chance to go through the old catalogs, but I believe what Brad is saying is true - USRAC didn't come out with 7-08's until the very end of NH production, maybe the last 2 or 3 years or so IIRC. So, no 5- or 6-digit 7-08's of any standard model.

This was common for USRAC, as they didn't seem to like to offer M70's in "Remington" calibers. Hence, 25-06 and 280 Classics are somewhat rare (although I do have one of each).
No worries Brad, I wasn't sure if you were referring to classic stainless FWT in general or the 7-08 specifically. I know just enough about the history of M70s to be dangerous (to my wallet and pride)
jr, I'm no oracle when it comes to SS M70's, but I know enough to be dangerous to my own wallet!

Just 2 weeks ago picked up a Classic Stainless 270 Fwt (6-digit from 1996)... it's going to be turned into a 30-06 with a Douglas bbl.

Gasman is correct, USRAC stayed away from the 7-08 in standard production until the last couple years... the stuff that's G-7 digit.
Thanks for the Intel fellas.....I'm kinda gunshy with the 7 digit New Haven rifles.

I had a 7WSM that I used as a donor for a 350 Rem Mag, and the scope mounting holes were not aligned with the bore...

If anyone has a good 7 digit, shoot me a PM.
Originally Posted by 22WRF
The 5 digit ones should have the little screw on the safety.

You're right they do, as do G-6 digits made up to around 1998 or 1999 when it was finally engineered-out of the breech bolt sleeve unit.
© 24hourcampfire