Home
Posted By: Jn1010 Knives for sale - estate - 01/15/15
Hello,

I'm selling some knives for my wife's aunt. Her husband/wife's uncle passed a little over a year ago. He was a collector of many many things. I don't think that he ever walked into a sporting goods store and walked out empty handed.

I don't pretend to know a lot about knives so I'm going to post pictures and as much information as I can about each item and answer any questions anyone has.

Some of the knives are custom so I don't know what price to put on them so I may need some help from anyone who knows knives. Others are off the shelf newer and older models. I saw some Old Timers, Case, Ka-Bar, Bear, Gerber, ect... Some of the knives are old and pre-China for some of the brands that sent their manufacturing off shore. Most of the knives are still in the packaging, he bought them and put them in the basement.

I am going to start off with one knife to see how this is going to work out.

If anyone with experience selling on this site has any suggestions on how to make this a smooth transaction I would really appreciate the feedback.

I live in the Denver, Colorado Metro area. I can mail each item to you or if you live close by we can meet.

I will accept cash or money orders.

Thanks,

Jerry
Posted By: Jn1010 Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/15/15
This knife is a very nice looking straight knife with a red, green, and tan handle. On the blade the Colorado Optics logo and name is engraved on it. I called the company and he said that the previous owner probably had it made and he has since retired so this knife is at least 10 years old not that means anything but it is part of the history of this item.
The total length is 10�
Blade length is 5�
Price is $45 obo +shipping. I plan on shipping via USPS Flat Rate unless you want me to ship another way. NO MARKUP on shipping.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i1296.photobucket.com/a...s/2015-01-15093233_zpsb49f1301.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1296.photobucket.com/a...s/2015-01-15123920_zps04eb89c4.jpg[/img]

Please PM me to buy. The first person to publicly post "I'll take it." is the buyer.

Thanks,

Jerry
Jerry, I suggest you have a pic of the whole knife, both sides. That may improve your sale.

Best of luck! T.S.

Free Bump
What customs do you have? We should be able to get you fair market value for them. Provided they are established makers.
Originally Posted by TexasShooter
Jerry, I suggest you have a pic of the whole knife, both sides. That may improve your sale.

Best of luck! T.S.

Free Bump

Thanks, I added a new picture.

Jerry
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
What customs do you have? We should be able to get you fair market value for them. Provided they are established makers.

I'm not sure who made them, sorry. I believe that my uncle made some of them.

Jerry
Who is your uncle?

There is a big difference between homemade knives and custom knives.

If you get $45 +shipping for that knife you posted, you are one hell of a salemen!
Posted By: Onpoint Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/15/15
If you get $45 +shipping for that knife you posted, you are one hell of a salemen!

Why would you post this on his post. What a Dick
Who is your uncle?

There is a big difference between homemade knives and custom knives.

I would say a mix of homemade and custom then. I don't see any markings on some blades and the sheath is not from a factory.

My uncle was more of a gunsmith than a metallurgist/blacksmith/Knifemaker.

Jerry
Jerry if you could find out who made the "customs" we could maybe help you out with their values. Pictures are always helpful too.

Honestly homemade knives will be a hard sell.
Jerry if you could find out who made the "customs" we could maybe help you out with their values. Pictures are always helpful too.

Honestly homemade knives will be a hard sell.

I will find out what I can. I will probably buy the homemade knives because of the memories of him showing them to me. I'll get some pictures.

Jerry
Posted By: Robster Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/15/15
some of like homemade knives as well, so don't feel you should not post them for sale.
Originally Posted by Robster
some of like homemade knives as well, so don't feel you should not post them for sale.

Thanks Robster, I will post those also.

Jerry
Posted By: jimy Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/15/15
Post them up, we love to look and might just buy them.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: conifer Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15

BULLCRAP! It's a nice knife, obviously well made. 45. buys garbage on the retail market today.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Knife is a Barmiski and worth way more than the seller is asking. Most were made with D2 steel or ATS 34
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Jerry,

I'm certainly no expert either, but that's a nice looking knife for you to start out with.

I may actually be interested in a few of your offerings, but I will begin a 2 day journey home from Africa tomorrow, with little to no internet connection.

I'll try to keep up with you as much as possible.

Jeff
Posted By: BigBullet Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Tha is a pretty cool knife. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the items. Good luck with your sale.
Posted By: garCH Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
i'll take it. PM me payment info
Posted By: add Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
shocked shocked

http://shop.leescutlery.com/TOM-BARMINSKI-SKIL-SAW-KEL-WELCO-CUSTOM-FIXED-BLADE-KNIFE-879.htm

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/Tom-Barminski.aspx
Way to step up to the plate garCH!

I'd say you just made a good investment.
Posted By: cfran Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15

Bet you'd like to retract this one, someone got a killer deal and you look like a fool,
Posted By: hemiallen Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Seconds if something doesn't work out.

Thanks

Allen
Originally Posted by Onpoint

Why would you post this on his post. What a Dick

plus 1
The seller got what he wanted and the buyer feels he got a deal. I am happy for both. Have you offered the OP to identify and price any of his knives?
Posted By: Onpoint Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
The seller got what he wanted and the buyer feels he got a deal. I am happy for both. Have you offered the OP to identify and price any of his knives?

Your kidding right!!! You ask a bunch of questions new guy didn't give you the answers (info on other Knives) and you piss on his thread!!! Like I said WHAT A DICK!!!! If he would have used your expertise (opinion) he would have gave this knife away!!

Good luck with your sale Jerry!
Posted By: cfran Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15

Unreal, I hope you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday - pathetic.

Onpoint, you are correct Dick x10
Post up some more knives Jerry.
I bet you can sell em all here.
Posted By: Jn1010 Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Thank you everyone for all of the information and encouragement. Please don't be too hard on MontanaCreekHunter, I took no offence. I think that he will be nicer in the future.

I do have more knives to sell. Here are some pics. I need to clean some of them up before I sell them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is not even half of them. Most of the rest is made in China, Pakistan... I will probably sell on Ebay or something like that.

I have been getting PMs from people looking for something specific. I will answer messages as fast as I can and look for specific knives for you when I can.

Should I start a new thread for each knife or keep this thread?

Thanks,

Jerry

PS. You are all great people I don't know why I didn't join this community sooner.
Posted By: Jerry/AK Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Jerry,
Bottom pic, lower left side, gray/silver folder: PM me a make and price please.
Jerry/AK
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
Jerry,
Bottom pic, lower left side, gray/silver folder: PM me a make and price please.
Jerry/AK

PM Sent
PM Sent
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Start a new thread for each batch, will be easier for you to manage.
Posted By: jimy Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
PM sent
pm sent on the Buck in the box.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Jerry,
Would you have a knife that is a Morseth?
Best,
Chuck
It's a long shot but if you run into a Gerber Bird and trout knife in your boxes I'd love to give you a good price on it. It's a fixed blade knife, tiny little thing, should have a leather sheath.

Good luck with the sale.
Posted By: add Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Originally Posted by Jn1010
I need to clean some of them up before I sell them.

Please do not use anything harsher then some mineral oil and with a soft rag on the blades.

Also, that green/yellow box Puma - get a date on it.
Originally Posted by cisco1
Jerry,
Would you have a knife that is a Morseth?
Best,
Chuck

Chuck,

I'm not sure. I haven't come across that name yet. If I do I will let you know.

Thanks,

Jerry
Posted By: Robster Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
you might want to take all the knives and lay the knife next to the sheath. Then take a group photo with numbers above them. If anyone is interested they can ask questions or for more pics on the number they are interested in.

Good luck, I see a couple that pique my interest.
Originally Posted by add
I need to clean some of them up before I sell them.

Please do not use anything harsher then some mineral oil and with a soft rag on the blades.

Also, that green/yellow box Puma - get a date on it.

I was advised to not clean them. If the new owner wants to clean them then I guess they can. I was thinking about polishing the brass and getting the green tarnish off of them.

The green/yellow box from Puma has a receipt in it dated 5/19/83. It is a 965 Deer Hunter with some nice inlaid work.

[Linked Image]

I should probably start a new thread for this knife and get some research done on it.

Thanks,

Jerry
Posted By: jmillo Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Id be interested in the tomahawk and gerber hatchet
Posted By: hemiallen Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Jerry, I wouldn't spend any time cleaning them. The buyer will, or should be, willing to do that themselves, In my humble opinion. If they were rusty, that would be a different story. They all look very new or NIB.

You have a lot of knives, it will take a lot of effort just to inventory and set a price.

If people are that picky to not buy one due to brass oxidation, there will be another buyer right behind the first guy. Selling as-is shouldn't reduce the price.

Allen
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
It's a long shot but if you run into a Gerber Bird and trout knife in your boxes I'd love to give you a good price on it. It's a fixed blade knife, tiny little thing, should have a leather sheath.

Good luck with the sale.

Hi InternetGuru,

No I haven't come across any fixed blade Gerbers yet. If I do I will PM you. Sorry and thanks for the well wishes.

Jerry
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Jerry, I wouldn't spend any time cleaning them. The buyer will, or should be, willing to do that themselves, In my humble opinion. If they were rusty, that would be a different story. They all look very new or NIB.

You have a lot of knives, it will take a lot of effort just to inventory and set a price.

If people are that picky to not buy one due to brass oxidation, there will be another buyer right behind the first guy. Selling as-is shouldn't reduce the price.

Allen

Thanks Allen,

Yes this has been a huge project. More than I originally thought. I'm getting lots of PMs and I'm trying to answer everyone and get pictures.

I have a spreadsheet so I can keep track of the knives and where they go all the while I'm researching on the Internet to try to get prices.

Most things that we found in my uncle's basement were NIB, it took us for ever to clean it out. He was a collector...of stuff. smile

Thanks,

Jerry
Posted By: Tracks Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
Wish I had seen that knife in time, I would have jumped on it for that price.
The gerber gator in bottom pic in sheath, drop point or clip point ?
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
The gerber gator in bottom pic in sheath, drop point or clip point ?

BigDave,

It is a drop point. Its a really nice crisp knife. This is the first time I have taken it out. Made in USA.

Jerry
Price?
Price?

How about $40? Includes freight.

Jerry
Price?

How about $40? Includes freight.

Jerry

I'll take it if you can wait till Monday for me to send MO. I'm at deer camp for the weekend.
Posted By: tack Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/16/15
TAG
Jerry,

I do not wish to step in on anyone's ongoing deal with you here at all, but I'll take just about anything that you have that is Gerber for a reasonable price. I have been detained at work and it may keep me too busy to keep up with your offerings, etc.

If you can, simply email me at [email protected] with the pic and/or description and we can work out the price.

May save some hassle and shipping costs if you're interested in doing this.

thanks,
Jeff
Posted By: Jn1010 Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/17/15
Originally Posted by Jeffpg
Jerry,

I do not wish to step in on anyone's ongoing deal with you here at all, but I'll take just about anything that you have that is Gerber for a reasonable price. I have been detained at work and it may keep me too busy to keep up with your offerings, etc.

If you can, simply email me at [email protected] with the pic and/or description and we can work out the price.

May save some hassle and shipping costs if you're interested in doing this.

thanks,
Jeff

PM Sent
Posted By: Jn1010 Re: Knives for sale - estate - 01/17/15
Everyone,

I'm meeting with a knowledgeable knife guy tomorrow. I hope to have the knives listed one per thread 5 or 6 at a time over the weekend.

Thank you all for your interest, feedback,and encouragement. You are all good people.

Jerry

PS. I'm signing off for the night.
© 24hourcampfire