Home
Posted By: deflave Help this Guy/Spread the Word - 03/02/15
I don't know him. But he's missing some heirlooms.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/34635...fles-and-lost-them--win--670----rem--788

Dave
Here's the ad. not mine Manufacturer: Winchester Caliber: 243 Winchester Firearm Type: Rifle
Flag |

Edit | Favorite

PLEASE HELP. My ex-wife pawned and lost two rifles while I was in Afghanistan. They were pawned at the Trading station in El Dorado last year. They wont tell me who bought them or what happened to them. These two rifles belonged to family members and I received them after they passed.

Rifle #1 is a Winchester 670 in .243 serial number: G1312033, it was rough because it was my grandpas truck gun, had a old weaver K6 scope on it.

Rifle #2 is a Remington 788 in .243 serial number: 6061898, it was in great shape belonged to my great uncle (grandpas brother), had a old weaver K4 scope on it, 3 rd mag.

IF you or anyone you know has these rifle please let me know, I want to buy them back!!! Call or txt 316-251-2481
Hope it works out for this guy. That would just plain a$$ suck.
Keep this at or near the top.
I have two thoughts

either the .gov doesn't give enough support to our warriors families while they are deployed OR

that girl needs a spanking.

not much chance of seeing the guns out here but if I do he will get them back. btdt.
Posted By: RWE Re: Help this Guy/Spread the Word - 03/02/15
Originally Posted by deerstalker

either the .gov doesn't give enough support to our warriors families while they are deployed.....

he may have been working privately for a utility or infrastructure contractor.

Either way - major suck factor.
Hopefully one of the good guys will see this and contact the man.
Someone needs to donate a rifle to him to use on the ex-wife.
Wench.
That sucks. While we were overseas, the wife (now ex) of one of my soldiers cashed (and spent) all of his checks, sold every single piece of his property and handed him divorce papers as soon as he got back. Rotten deal. I hope he gets his stuff back. Good on you for posting it Dave.
up
TTT
I posted this to my FB page.
Posted By: Sgt5 Re: Help this Guy/Spread the Word - 03/02/15
A friend of mine went through something like this and it ended up with him getting the rifle back , all he did was ask the gun shop owner to contact the person who purchased the rifle, and have him call my buddy and he did. After explaining to the person that the rifle he purchased from the gun shop had great sentimental value to him , the purchaser told him he sold the gun , but he knew the guy and would pass on the story to the new owner, when he did the new owner arranged a meeting with my buddy were my buddy paid the purchase price plus a $50.00 bonus and all was good. Now the bad news this took about 2 months.

My FFL knows me I would say most guys on the fire frequent many shops ,and when I fill out 4473 I always include my phone # .
Worth a shot.....Sarge
When I ran & helped run a gunshop, this was actually fairly common, I can recall at least three times that I know of, wherein the girl shows up at the shop with some sob story about the guns and not wanting to own them, we buy and subsequently sell them, and a week or so later in comes because the guy & girl split for some reason, and they want their guns. Sucks doubly-so when the shop has to be the bad guy and not give the names of the individuals that now have the guns. one time it was me and I resold it to the guy for what I gave, but that was only after the cops had to explain that it was legally mine and I did not have to do anything with it. He was understandably upset and I see why, but I was the guy in the middle and it was no fun. Also no fun was that it was a Savage Auto Pistol in 380 ACP and about 98%, but overall I did not mind doing it
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

See...'Flave DOES have a heart! wink
Originally Posted by BigSkyGuy
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

See...'Flave DOES have a heart! wink

Awe man, don't jinx it.
I wonder if he put an ad in the El Dorado Times?
spreading the word local and in Bozeman. keeping this at the top.
Up Please
The wife is an x and he has the serial numbers. I would report them stolen and the pawn shop that fenced them.
Posted By: RWE Re: Help this Guy/Spread the Word - 03/03/15
we don't know if the wife was "x'd" before or after she sold the guns.

Either way, all the guy wants is his iron back.
© 24hourcampfire