Home
I acquired this gun a while back from an older man who was in need of some cash. After looking through the safe, I realize I should probably start clearing out some room. The gun is in extremely great shape for its age and has been well taken care of. The guy that I bought it from actually was the second owner of the rifle and got it from his next door neighbor who it appears never really used it much. The blueing on the rifle is excellent, I would estimate it at 98%. The wood is great too, no cracks or chips, just a few scratches that are barely noticeable. I would say the wood is near 90% to be conservative.

The gun does come with a lot of extras. It has a Tasco scope mounted on it that was put on in 1990 (have the original receipt for the scope too $189.99 in 1990!). The gun also comes with 5 full boxes of Winchester ammo complete. There is also one box of Remington shells that has 48 Remington shells and 2 winchesters to complete it. Also have 48 Winchester loads that are loose and 3 other loose loads that look great. A grand total of 351 rounds to go with the 351! lol

I also have some spent up brass 14 rounds and 18 other shells that look to be reloads and they do not look shootable to me, but the bullets could definitely be used.

The rifle comes with the original 5 shoot magazine and also the 10 shoot magazine. The original rear sight is also included with the entire lot. It looks like everything is there.

More pictures are available upon request. I am asking $950 for the complete package plus shipping costs for the rifle. Would also consider trade for a savage 99 in 250 savage. Thanks and please contact me if you are interested.

Attached picture 20150314_153709.jpg
Attached picture 20150314_153630.jpg
Attached picture 20150314_153451.jpg
Attached picture 20150314_155404.jpg
Attached picture 20150314_153511.jpg
Here's a few more pictures.

Also, this gun shoots fantastic. Could very easily be used right away for deer hunting, if a person so wished!

Attached picture 20150314_153436.jpg
Attached picture 20150314_153442.jpg
Attached picture 20150314_153454.jpg
Attached picture 20150314_153459.jpg
Attached picture 20150314_153537.jpg
How about $850 for the package??? Anyone who is interested please contact me. I may also be up for other trade options. Never hurts to throw one out there.
pm'd ya,
dave
PM responded to.
the ammo and magazines are worth more then the rifle. these are some of the most fun guns around. very marginal for deer but work if placed right. very unusual to find one without the forearm splintered. I have seen the original 10 round mags go for $300.00. have sold 5 round mags in excess of $100.00
if it was a 1910 I'd bite but have to many of these now.
good luck
Thanks for the information Deerstalker. That is sort of what intrigued me with this gun and caliber to begin with. I had the intentions of using it deer hunting a few days this season, just to try to get one in range and make a clean kill with it (my venison supply is low and will need replenishing this year!).

I know i saw a 10 round mag sell for $150 recently and have given thought to piecing this lot out. But I would really like to send it all off to one home so someone has all the stuff handy to be a shooter/hunter.

It is a fun gun to shoot, that is for sure. I blasted away a full round out of each of the magazines and they all shoot and function flawlessly!
PM sent
PM responded to.
I have put up a lot more photos on photobucket. Please take a look if interested.

Photobucket pics of 351
shame someone drilled snd taped it
other than that it is close to the nicest I have ever seen.
joshgus those 10 round original's are premium. almost never seen.
I agree. If this gun was not drilled and tapped, I probably would be holding onto it. I am an all original kinda guy. It would be hard to find a cleaner one out there that is a better value than this. I think I will give this another week on here and then think about parting it out. Maybe will end up with a free gun by doing that too!
I saw one of these for the first time the other day, I don't recall it being drilled and tapped I will try to go by that shop tomorrow and see if they still have if you are interested.

Said they were mostly prison guard rifles or something like that.

Mike
the were used in prisons a lot and also France and I Think Russia used them in the great war. man I have to quit coming back to look at this . if it wasn't drilled and tapped I would jump on it. get thee behind me satan!
These were indeed law enforcement guns. It is sure funny how things have changed with guns. The weight of this gun would sure tire your arms out if you had to carry all day long. Come on deerstalker!!! it is still available. I have gotten a lot of tempting trade offers, but not quite the cash offer i need to let it go. You could always buy this one and fix the d/t and reblue
Originally Posted by joshgus
These were indeed law enforcement guns.

If I am not mistaken the prison rifles had a second safety. It was a sliding safety on the bolt as I recall.
Went and looked this one is D&T'd also...the fellow running the shop said all of the ones he's ever seen were.

Mike
Thanks for checking Mike. It is rather difficult to find one that is in good/great condition that has not been D/T. But I imagine there are quite a few fellas on here that have them and are holding em tight!
tag
You can make brass from 223....factory ammo is worth couple buck a round....you would need to use cast bullets.
Is this package still available?
actually i personally never seen or handled one drilled and tapped and have handled atleast 50-100 of 07 and alot of 05 and 10's

kind of took a liking to these self loaders
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
You can make brass from 223....factory ammo is worth couple buck a round....you would need to use cast bullets.

you can make brass from 223 brass. if you have a lifetime to do it in. I got bras and bullets from graf and sons. bullets are jacketed round nose at .351of course. for cast I got a lee push through sizer for a 9mm and I sized to .354 so that worked well.
my oldest shoots the cast to 1.5 inches at 50 yards with my old eyes.
bump
Wow, that sounds like a ton of work to reload those shells. But, I think I would do the same if I end up holding on to this gun. There is chance that i may end up keeping this now and try reloading myself.
Shameful btt!!!
One last bump, then shes either going to be traded away or back to the safe!
PM sent.
sold pending funds
© 24hourcampfire