Home
These things are like needles in a haystack. Does anyone have 1 that is in good shape taken care of? In a 22-250?
I know where one is in .308 for 799.00
No thanks. Prefer 22-250
I have one I would sell for $850 shipped. It's perfect, no jlock. I also have brass and dies if needed for extra money.

I also have a .223 w/box. It has Jlock, but I have a replacement gretan shroud. Same money as the .22-250.
Do a search on this site, somebody advertised one a week or so ago, and I don't think he got any takers...
I can't figure out how to search. Been trying to figure that 1 out as I'm new here
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
I have one I would sell for $850 shipped. It's perfect, no jlock. I also have brass and dies if needed for extra money.

Thanks but lil
More than I care to put into 1
Originally Posted by Bling

Thanks but lil

Ok, good luck then!

Thanks but lil

Ok, good luck then!

You decide to take less pm me.
Good luck on finding a cheaper one than smalljawbasser's
Yeah...especially with the J-lock gone.
I'm sorry, I won't take any less.
They pop Up occasionally. Buddy bought 1 for 725
What's the jlock?
The j-lock is a useless safety piece of crap on the bolt that costs about $90 to get rid of....
Wats the purpose of losing that
It required a modification to the whole firing pin spring system that just plain doesn't work as well as the original.
Your not going to find one cheaper. These rifles are bringing a premium price. The last couple I sold was a 308 and a 223. The both brought over a grand.
Bought one for $600.00 + 5 hours driving one way would not ship ,to pick one up last fall in 17 Remington felt like I stole it.
Wanna sell the 17?
No, I have a pair of them switched them to a HS Precision BDL sporter stocks with Leupold gun metal gray scopes going to the kids someday.
Originally Posted by remingtonclassic
Bought one for $600.00 + 5 hours driving one way would not ship ,to pick one up last fall in 17 Remington felt like I stole it.

That was a good deal. smile

I found one in 708 with Leupold DD's and a Zeiss 3-9x50 for $900, I still feel dirty. laugh
Well what's the next best thing next to these guns that's like these? No heavy barrel.
BEARCAT74 You should be ashamed of yourself.But thanks for the heads up on the 17 Remington you told me about at the Crabtree gunshop in Oneida Tennessee last fall.Sorry I missed meeting you.
BEARCAT74 You should be ashamed of yourself.But thanks for the heads up on the 17 Remington you told me about at the Crabtree gunshop in Oneida Tennessee last fall.Sorry I missed meeting you.

Agreed, I was hoping to meet up for a bite to eat. I just wish I could get him to ship. I've sold those damn Colt Light Rifles 10 times and he won't ship them.

A guy down the road from me had the 7-08 LVSF, gave me a price and I gave him some money, lol.
Are the guns worth wat they selling for. Honestly
I think so..

I "built" two of them..a .222 and a .223...even used Rem. LVSF take off barrels to save money and they still cost more than a new one.....

They are my favorite high volume varmint rifles.

That's a very subjective question. Obviously some people think so, because they're trading hands at the prices mentioned. You have to decide what one is worth to you.
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

That's a very subjective question. Obviously some people think so, because they're trading hands at the prices mentioned. You have to decide what one is worth to you.

What's the next best thing at hand that's not going for that silly of a price? Would a browning abolt stainless Stalker hold a candle to it?
They won't ever bring any less ,look at the VSSF prices compared to what they were when they came out.
A bolt stainless will cost you the same. Anything in that class will....If you can live with a Bic rifle, look at an RAR Varmint....
I know they won't bring any less but I got about 1500$ to buy a few extra guns hate to sink half in 1 when could have another just as good that's lil less on money.
Originally Posted by ingwe
A bolt stainless will cost you the same. Anything in that class will....If you can live with a Bic rifle, look at an RAR Varmint....

Never heard of them. Half to explain sir
Ruger American Rifle...almost time for you to start doing your own homework...
You came on looking for a Remington 700 22-250 LVSF, stick to your gun's.If it dont work out sell and regroup, it's not like your married with it.
You do know that 700 LVSFs have 1-14" ROT barrels?

The RARs in 22-250 have 1-10" ROT barrels. I bought one last week for $385 and hope to take it to the range this coming Friday. Warne fixed Maxima low/matte to hold a Sightron S1 4-12x40AO. Going to load up 15 60 grain VMax, 60 grain Partitions, and 64 grain PPs.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

My money says no. wink
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ruger American Rifle...almost time for you to start doing your own homework...

No thanks don't want anything that cheap
I'm hoping that my other RAR-Ps will shoot as good as the 204. Cheap or not, they just plain shoot.

My money says no. wink

Actually yes I did. Also think I
Read they can be 1-12 too?
You need to sell some bling and buy smalljawbasser rifle

My money says no. wink

Actually yes I did. Also think I
Read they can be 1-12 too?

I believe that Remington cataloged the 700 LVSFs in 221 and 22-250 with a 1-14" ROT. The 700 LVSFs in 223 were cataloged with a 1-12" ROT.

A 700 LVSF in 22-250 with a 1-12" ROT could be a rechambered 223.
Fellas I'm new and yes I've never been a big time
Gun goo roo. But I like my guns. Definitely ain't as up to par like you fellas but I heard alotta good about here and I think y'all could help me. Ima
Farmer full time
I don't need the fanciest guns but I do like nicer 1's. I didn't realize
The lvsf was selling that expensive
The gun I keep with me now around the farm is a 222 classic
As soon as Remington stopped make the 700 LVSF they got instantly popular. Heck, I think that CDNN closed out some of the 221s and you know that if CDNN has them, they aren't selling anywhere. I don't care for the 700 stocks, so mine are bedded in McM McM Hunters.
Why was they
Discontinued? I figured it was cuz everyone wanted bull barrels and sales wasn't much? Either way seems a big following of them Here
I have a 250 LVSF in the rare Prairie Ghost camo but would need a about a grand out of it. I have seen a few in 223 and 250 go for a little less in well used condition but the guys are steering you right.

Yea I don't figure te fellas are lying to me
They won't ever bring any less ,look at the VSSF prices compared to what they were when they came out.

So what is the going rate on these? I have a vssf2 in 22-250 that is crazy accurate with stuff it likes. I think my best group was .173, a couple more in the low .2s. I don't shoot it much, it would be much better suited to a 'dog town type setting. Just curious.
Gun goo roo. But I like my guns. Definitely ain't as up to par like you fellas but I heard alotta good about here and I think y'all could help me. Ima
Farmer full time

I think you need to take a step back and sort out your priorities in a new rifle, because your comments and feedback have jumped around. This forum is full of people who are happy to share insights. You need to supply the direction, though, or those insights will run in circles like this thread has done.
Remember a seller on GB had 30 Fireballs he was selling for opening bid of $400 with a Buy Now of $400. I was kinda hard up for funds and figured they would last awhile because many weren't up to speed yet on the Fireball in a rifle length barrel. Was going to build one with a bit heavier barrel. Those all sold quick and when I finally had some extra coin I ended up with a new or test fired(seller couldn't remember as it was an estate gun with no box. Cost me $550 shipped! Never claimed to be smart!LOL That was 4yrs ago at least and it is still under the bed and I haven't shot it. Maybe I didn't need it so bad? Wished though I would have had the money to buy the 30 @ $400 frown

Had a new takeoff Fireball barrel I bought for $125 and sold for $150 with intent of a custom. Also have a low round count 204 takeoff. Yea,they're getting cheaper! NOT!
Farmer full time

I think you need to take a step back and sort out your priorities in a new rifle, because your comments and feedback have jumped around. This forum is full of people who are happy to share insights. You need to supply the direction, though, or those insights will run in circles like this thread has done.

It's ran a circle cause I'm intimidated by the price. Was not expecting the prices I'm hearing. Uncle Sam cleaned me out on the 15th. He's gonna finish cleaning me out on may 1st. Dang crooks haha
The price is what it is due to the following of the rifle and a free market.

smalljawbasser offered you a great rifle at a fair price based on market conditions. This is a rifle that will not depreciate in value over time either. Buy once/cry once. They are great little rifles and bring the money for a reason IMHO.

twofish
That says it all.
i am formally withdrawing my offer to sell. ya'll have talked me into keeping both of them!
10-4 thanks for the offer
This thread was a heart breaker haha guess next best thing I just a model 700.
Get you a 700 sps sporter....maybe you can call it a farm security system and depreciate it so the rest of us can help you pay for it...didn't know anything on the farm for $800 caused sticker shock...
Lol ouch
I have a browning silver turkey gun in top shape if be willing to work a trade on with 1 of those lvsf guns
© 24hourcampfire