Home
Posted By: JerradPelzer Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/04/15
Buddy is going to bring over a S&W 34-1 22lr revolver short barrel maybe 2" couple scratchs what's a good price? ANything to look for on it. Thanks Jerrad
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/04/15
If in good shape w/ original grips,anywhere under $475. Really nice ones can bring quite a bit more.
Posted By: Gregoriev Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/04/15
http://thefiringline.com/Misc/library/Revolver-check.html
Posted By: rem141r Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/04/15
cock it and push on the hammer trying to make it fall without pulling the trigger. this would indicate poor trigger work and/or worn out mechanism.

look for strike marks on the cylinder face between the cylinders. this would indicate either out of time or somebody pulling the trigger faster than the cylinder could spin.

check for cylinder movement when closed. some is ok, but shouldn't be much.

a decent 2" 34-1 is 5-ish retail.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/04/15
Thanks for the response. Is there anything that makes one worth more than the others. No box I know on this one
Posted By: m21black Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/05/15
Condition
Posted By: EdM Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/05/15
I gave $400 for this one a couple of weeks ago. A fairly high condition piece.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/05/15
Got the gun tonight looks really clean. One smudge on the cylinder. Really doesn't appear to been shot a whole lot. The front sight on top of the sight was painted with sight paint? Along with white on rear sight which came off really easy. Also had a set of Pachmeyer grips as well as originals.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/05/15
I hope I never have to sell mine. Got it from a friend's estate with a homemade holster. It's about the handiest thing ever.

Post up some pics.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Smith and Wesson ?? - 05/05/15
In trying to decide to keep it for myself or sell it for him. It is a handy little thing
© 24hourcampfire