Home
Looking for Ruger .357 Maximum serial #600-11588. First of all, it IS NOT a stolen gun. Will do an outright purchase, or, I WILL TRADE YOU ONE NIB 7 1/2 RUGER MAX AND ONE NIB 10 1/2 RUGER MAX FOR IT!!! Yes that is right, two for one plus I will pay all shipping charges, yours and mine. Even if you don't wish to part with it, or if it has been converted, I'd still like to hear from you. Also looking for any odd ball Maximums, ones with letter of number serial number prefix or suffix, ones with and additional numbers stamped any where on gun or any one with unusual marking. PM me here with pic's, appreciate the consideration, Coogs.
BTT
I have never seen such a specific post

Good Luck on the search
Hank
Hank, Thanks. I guess that's what happens when you get to be very serious about collecting something.Coogs.
Hey Coogs!!!

Good luck.

Bump for a stand up guy.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Coogs.
No one else has, so I guess I have to ask it. Unless it's personal, what exactly is the significance of the serial number you're looking for?
I actually was hoping someone would. I have been into the Max since about '85 or so,well after they quit making them. Been collecting them, displaying and researching them since, very heavily the last 10 years or so. I own a "few", starting at serial #9,then to 10,11,17,19,20,32 etc., etc. Well, for years serial #600-11300 was acknowledged as being the highest one out there(yes, I own it) Then along came a consecutive pair, 11444, 11445. (yeah, mine also.) Years ago Ruger published basically what be described as a "forensics" Catalog of all firearms that were produced by them. This included dimensions, weights, groove and land diameters, etc., etc., and, serial number ranges. Which included the last number out there. Well the Highest Max produced was 600-16314. So, during my research, I call Ruger records, spent 3 hours on the phone one day with a very nice woman, Wanda. I originally asked for a letter on #16314. She asked me if I had the gun, I told her no, she said if you did there was a problem why? Because it is listed as "SCRAPPED" So I drop down a hundred numbers or so, same answer. See, I KNEW Ruger had scrapped some Maxi's, but not how many. I was fishing for the Last one. So we started at 11300, and record by individual record, we went through them until, yes, you guess it, #600-11588 is the highest serial number Maximum out there! I'm close, I have #600-11577, but, Would love to have 600-11588. Hence my offer of two for one. Thanks for askin', Coogs.
Coogs:

Is it possible that you may be looking for a gun that no longer exists? Could be at the bottom of the ocean, in a lake, covered with cement because it was used in a crime, it was left out and rusted then discarded and scrapped. Is there any way of really knowing the whereabouts?
Hence the term "Holy Grail". He's found his own. I wonder who has the last pre-64 M70 FWT (in .270, of course)?
Any thing IS possible. It may have been converted, could be sitting in a gun safe somewhere or maybe it's still at the factory. Yes, it could be. I have 3 Maxi's that were never shipped from the factory until 2005! They have factory inventory stickers on the box, little colored dots with the month/year on them and the shipping box has a barcode label on them. Max production ceased in late '83 or early '84, Ruger never started using the barcode labels until about the mid '90's.
By the way, every serial number ABOVE 11588 HAS BEEN SCRAPPED according to Ruger records. There are a few blocks of numbers below 11588 that have been scrapped also. I hope someone out there has #600-11588, because it's worth 2 NIB maxi's to me, plus I'll pay everyone's shipping! Thanks again, Coogs.
great post
Still lookin', Coogs
BTT, Coogs
If you have a Max that was shipped in a Plastic box or a cardboard box/shipping sleeve with a "barcode" label I'd like to hear from you! Coogs.
Good luck !
Interesting thread. I have a DW 357Supermag. It's a great gun in a great chambering.
May need all the luck I can get! I think I have this ad floating around at 10 or more different forums.........Hopefully one of these days. Coogs.
It's sitting in a pawn shop in Lake Winamasocki, with a price tag of $300.
RWE, tell me it ain't so!! sick sick Not unless...........50,000 comedians out of work and your trying to be one??? grin mad grinCoogs.
Coogs, I'll do a cruise of the local pawn shops this month and see if anything pops up. Least I can do to help this one out.

Helluva quest you're on.
Maybe it went south during Fast and Furious.
Then I hope it gets back with all kinda Mex proof marks on it or somethin', really make it rare then, wouldn't it??? Coogs.
BTT............still lookin', Coogs.
One for sale over on the S&W forum
http://smith-wessonforum.com/guns-sale-trade/441391-ruger-blackhawk-357-maximum.html
Missed it! It was traded, but the asking price was only $650.00 Someone got a heck of a deal! Coogs.
September bump!
Now an October bump!!!!
September is just about here!
Coogs have you tried Specialty pistols web site?
Been on Specialty Pistols for a bit, trying to build that required 50 post count. I'm not the kind of guy that just responds with "that's neat" "good for you " etc., etc. posts just to get my count up. When I do I think that will make about 15+ sites I've got it posted on. Coogs.
December bump! Coogs.
You Sir are OBSESSED!!!

...but alas, once there were two obsessed brothers from Dayton and they succeeded in something noteworthy.

More obsession and passion in the world would be useful.

Good luck in your search.
Hey Coogs, I have a suggestion you might try if you have the connections. If you have a friend in LE they can run a serial number search and see if the gun was ever registered and to who. That would at least tell you if the gun exist and where to start your search.
Oh Coogs...a man obsessed. Keep looking. Someone has it .
I've thought about the LE situation. Local chief and I went to high school together, may just have to ask him. I know the gun exists. Spent about two hours on the phone with Ruger records a few years ago, Started at serial number 600-11300 and went through each Maximum record individually until we came to 600-11588, the last one. Everything above that, including 600-16314, which was the highest number produced, HAS BEEN SCRAPPED!Coogs.
Tried the LE thing with my buddy. He was checking into it but said there are too many questions as to why you are looking for that gun, stolen, used in a crime, etc. Sooooooo, who knows, was worth a shot, Jack
Still lookin'!
Missed January, now it's February!
March BTT
April fool's day bump!
May BTT
June bump
July BTT
August BTT
September BTT
October BTT
This would make me a nice Christmas present!
2017 BTT
February bump!
Missed March! April Bump!
Just to give you a little hope, last year I went on a similar quest to find a guitar amplifier that was sold with a specific guitar. I had purchased an orphan guitar with no amp and there were only 45 or so made and only in 1937. I imagined it would be a nearly futile search, it I found one, and it was even within driving distance of home! By the way, the guitar itself is even rarer than the amp. Gibson built 3 and one is known to be destroyed in a flood.

I'm just saying, I also love my 7 1/2" Ruger Max (it's not the one your looking for though) and these needle in a haystack searches do find what they are looking for especially in the internet age.
jf.................appreciate the encouragement.......................been on a quest for this one for about 6-7 years or so, maybe someday, thanks, Jack.
June BTT
July BTT........................................
August already?????????
September BTT................
October Bump
December BTT.......................
January BTT............................
March BTT
April BTT,,,,,,,,,,,,
June BTT.........
June BTT.........
July BTT
BTT
BTT..................