Home
Ii am looking for a bolt action rifle with 20" barrel and compact LOP stock in 7-08 or 308. Might consider a 243. Tikka or T/C Venture preferred. New or like new.

I have $$$ and/or NIB Tikka T3 Lite 223 and Ruger American 22-250 to trade. Both of these are synthetic and blue. Both have 10 twist barrels. Have box and papers for Tikka, but not for Ruger. Neither of these is a youth/compact rifle.
I have just what you are looking for, except it is in a Howa model 1500. It comes with the adult and youth stocks and has had very little use by the looks of it. The bolt face is clear of any brass or markings. It is chambered in the 7mm-08. Its a nice little package. Message me if you are interested
PM's replied to. I'm still looking.
Pawn shop in billings has a wood stock 7-08
Shorter than regular stock unsure if factory youth.
Unsure of asking price but around $600
Can check more in depth if interested.
Just picked up a Stainless Remington 700 Compact ADL 7mm-08 (shortened stock, 20" barrel) with a crap 3X9 mounted at Dick's Sports on clearance for $450. Bought mine for my Grandson and My son bought one too for his girl. These were special production for Dicks from Remington. Check your local store, if they don't have one they may be able to line you up from another store. Wanted to get him a SS Model Seven but for the $$ this will work till he is older.
Ruger American compact may work too
Thanks Dan700mn. I'm looking for a cheaper, lighter rifle.

7mmStwer - I have been looking at Ruger American Ranch Compact in 300 Blackout. Seems like a light, handy timber carbine.
Get her a Tikka compact 7mm-08 and never look back. That is if you want her to have a rile that is boring as it just keeps putting bullet after bullet through the same hole.
I agree with coyote 268
Get a tikka
From a cartridge standpoint, will the 22-250 not do what you need?
You are probably right Montana. I just think a really short, light rifle that shot slower, heavier bullets would be nice in my 50 yard hunting spots in timber.

I have a full-size Tikka T3 Lite in 308. I thought a T3 or Venture Compact in 308 loaded down would be great in a tree stand or tight blind.
Following up, I was just going to say you can get the Ruger stock with short LOP for about $50 from them and then have a couple inches of barrel taken off.
That's another great suggestion. I might do that.

Thanks
Sent you a PM - my American Compact 7-08 is a stainless model, fyi.
How about a Remington 788 in a 7-08?
TE999, I have not received a PM from you. Please try again.

elkhunter1945, please PM me all the info about your 788.

Thanks,

Mark
Anyone have or know where there's a Ruger American Ranch Compact in 300 Blackout for sale or trade?
Try Whittaker guns, message shortactionsmoker
Thanks fats.

Still looking.
I have a NIB Savage Axis Youth Model in 243 Win.
I KNOW perry's guns in Wendell, NC has the 5.56, not sure about the .300 BO. 919-365-4200

JobyJob, did you sell your 6.5?
I have a two month old Savage 16 light weight stainless in 7-08 in the classified. It has the 20 inch barrel and you might be able to cut the stock down. It has Talleys and dies with it. I only listed it because my boy wanted a Tikka like his older brother.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10126958/Re:_Savage_7-08_stainless_ligh#Post10126958

Hey Fats -- I did sell my 6.5. I miss it. Great rifle. But I'll tell you that full size 308 T3 Lite of mine shoots bugholes!

IDMilton -- I will check out your post, thanks.

Anyone got a 30-30 single shot for sale or trade?
Perry's in wendell has the standard ruger american Ranch in 300 BO

You can buy another stock from ruger
© 24hourcampfire