Home
This is a Anschutz 1432 22 Hornet that has been re-barreled to a 17 Ackley Hornet. Original stock with diamond insert in grip, no marks on it, LOP 14". Barrel is a Shilen 1-9" stainless, muzzle diameter .610, length 25", few handing marks on barrel but nothing to detract from appearance. When removed from stock the barrel is stamped Shilen, 17 Hornet but this rife was built 5 years before the Hornady 17 Hornet came out. Upon firing a nicely formed 17 Ackley Hornet case emerged. Price is 950.00 plus shipping, less than you could buy a 1432 Hornet. No Trades, will do FTF in the DFW area. No Trades, will do FTF in the DFW area.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That looks exactly like the one I had built 20 years ago!! Is the safety bent? Talk to me about it.
It doesn't appear to be bent.
moving on up
How's it shoot? Do you have any Target pictures for us?
I've put 37 fire forming rounds through it, 13 to go. Groups were right around 1" using 20gr Vmax's and 1680. I'm sure that would tighten up pretty easily with little effort. I'll even throw in the brass in the pic. No target pics, have to say I've never took a pic of a group I shot. For it to matter to me I'd have to see 5 5shot groups averaged. You know how it is, guy shoots a screamer and claims he has a .5" rifle, next group not so good, and it's still a .5" rifle!

[Linked Image]
bump

Who did the barrel work & what is the barrel length? Any dies to go with this 17 Ackley?
No idea who did the conversion. When you remove the barreled action it's stamped Shilen and 17Hornet, no dies as I still shoot this chambering. Barrel specs are in the original post, 25".
Rifle is gone to Gunbroker
Can you provide us with a link to the auction?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=501175844
rifle is sold
© 24hourcampfire