Home
For Sale: Custom .375 Weatherby Magnum built on a left hand Montana 1999 action, which is similar to a Model 70 Winchester with an improved gas handling system, one piece bolt and a reliable trigger mechanism that copies the older Model 70s.

The specifications are as follows:

*.375 Weatherby Magnum chambering (will also safely fire .375 H&H ammo).
*24" stainless steel Montana #4 barrel.
*Stainless steel action and barrel that have been coated with a matte black finish.
*Action has been trued and the locking lugs have been lapped.
*Stocked in AAA Bastogne Walnut in a classic pattern with point checkering, inletted swivels and Pachmyer Decelerator recoil pad.
*Inletting, stock shaping, checkering, bedding and finish are superb.
*Gun looks like new.
*Gun balances great and is an excellent shooter that will group sub-MOA easily.
*Asking $1,650.

This is a reliable rifle that is ready for a grizzly, elk, moose or cape buffalo hunt or will work fine for hogs and deer or prairie dogs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Not a lefty... but this is a frickin' steal of a deal!

Good guy bump

I just saw and handled this rifle and I can tell you the pics do not do it justice. It is beautiful and very well balanced. Perfect in every way and I'd agree that it's a steal at this price.

I've had a few deals with and met the seller and he is one of the good guys.
Thank you, 257 and TDN.

Also, length of pull is 13.75"
Couple questions:

Do you have an accurate weight on the bare rifle? Are the rings included, what are they?

And who did the stock/gunsmithing work?

NB
An awesome rifle and an awesome caliber/cartridge. I carried one for many years. Outstanding rig for the bigger stuff. I also killed many elk and deer with mine.

BTT
The rifle is about 9 pounds. It comes with the rings, which are Tallay lightweights. The stock work was completed by my dad as his personal rifle. He has been doing stockmaking primarily for himself for about 40 years. I think his work rates with some of the better known stock makers, but he doesn't do it for the public.
The rings have been lapped to the rifle.
Well, it certainly looks like your dad did a beautiful job on that stock.
Makes me wish I were lefty. Bump for a good guy and nice rifle in a very neat chambering!
Nice !
All I feed my 375wby are handloads using fireformed 375h&h brass, which isn't hard to find.

I also can't believe this isn't snagged yet.
If I recall correctly, the great Alaska guide, Hal Waugh, carried a .375 Weatherby Model 70 that he called Big Nan.

I've always wanted one, but now I have so many in very close calibers.
Someone "needs" this.
Originally Posted by Anjin
If I recall correctly, the great Alaska guide, Hal Waugh, carried a .375 Weatherby Model 70 that he called Big Nan.

It was the Hal Waugh book that first got me interested in the .375 WEA. We were teaching out on the Alaskan Peninsula 600 air miles from the nearest road. There was a copy of that book in the Fisherman's Cabin where we wintered.

Hal Waugh was the #1 Registered Alaskan Brown Bear Guide. "Big Nan" was well proven during the Golden Years.
Originally Posted by DoubleCK
Originally Posted by Anjin

It was the Hal Waugh book that first got me interested in the .375 WEA. We were teaching out on the Alaskan Peninsula 600 air miles from the nearest road. There was a copy of that book in the Fisherman's Cabin where we wintered.

Hal Waugh was the #1 Registered Alaskan Brown Bear Guide. "Big Nan" was well proven during the Golden Years.

I have that book too, packed away somewhere, and it got me interested in bear hunting back in the 1980's. Unfortunately, work and life got in the way, but I had a LH .375 H&H made up for it. Never used it there after we sold the local airline (Wien) but I did use it in Africa.

A photo of Big Nan is on the book's cover. My, did I ever study the pros and cons (e.g., taper) of the old .375 Weatherby cartridge over the years, coming out positive.
ttt
Up.
Tough, reliable rifle with well sealed stock
pm sent
Pm replied to. Still available.
Up
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Makes me wish I were lefty. Bump for a good guy and nice rifle in a very neat chambering!

Makes me wish I wasn't and didn't see this ad... I'll bump it for one of the good guys though. I've bought from DMD and he is top notch...
BSA, I think you would really like this rifle...
Up
Up
Saturday
Still available.

Also would consider trade or partial trade for .454 or .480 Bisley, really clean transition or flat fore end era model 12s, left hand Ruger 77s in .473 bolt face chamberings, late 1980s or early 1990s S&W 29 or 629 classic or DX with the older style square cylinder latch, or Leupold VX-3 1.5-5x.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire