Home
I came across these scopes for sale at
http://www.eurooptic.com/zeiss-conq...ting-turrets-matte-black-5214609920.aspx
for $299. Thought it might help guys - looking for them.
God Bless.
Yeah I've seen that. Concerned about warranty as I've read here that Conquest owners are denied warranty service thru Zeiss.
Originally Posted by releehweoj
Yeah I've seen that. Concerned about warranty as I've read here that Conquest owners are denied warranty service thru Zeiss.

I had a warrany repair returned last week so your information is not correct.
Originally Posted by ken158
[quote=releehweoj]Yeah I've seen that. Concerned about warranty as I've read here that Conquest owners are denied warranty service thru Zeiss.

I had a warrany repair returned last week so your information is not correct. [/quote

Meaning they returned it AFTER they fixed it?

Originally Posted by 257heaven
[quote=releehweoj]Yeah I've seen that. Concerned about warranty as I've read here that Conquest owners are denied warranty service thru Zeiss.

I had a warrany repair returned last week so your information is not correct. [/quote

Meaning they returned it AFTER they fixed it?

Yes - repair and return at no charge to me - although it did take a few months... it was returned to Germany for parallax adjustment. I asked the CS rep for a new scope but they said it was not their option but did offer a loaner scope if I was in a bind.
correct above...just because u read something on the internet does not make it true...i even bought a factory re-furbished scope & they warrented it for me when i broke it
good price!!
As a seller you are entitled to ask price your item according to your desire. However, as a buyer you need to know the market price.
I was looking for this scope and people were asking close to $350 for a USED scope, I figured it will help buyers like me.
I had a warrany repair returned last week so your information is not correct.

Originally Posted by dajudge43
correct above...just because u read something on the internet does not make it true...i even bought a factory re-furbished scope & they warrented it for me when i broke it

Ease up fellas - wasn't bashing you or your scope.

What I wrote IS correct. That was "I've read here that Conquest owners are denied warranty service thru Zeiss". I was merely voicing a concern based on that fact. Glad you received warranty service on the Conquest.
Just bought one of these last week. The Zeiss literature that comes with the scope calls it:
Limited lifetime transferable warranty. Says Zeiss will either replace or repair and the warranty is transferable.

All I can say is IMO this is the BEST 3x9 scope on the market today for $299. Especially love the fast focus eye piece.
Here are a couple of the discussions I was referring to:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/10351254/Searchpage/1/Main/716740/Words/conquest+warranty/Search/true/Re:_Conquest_cs_update_&am#Post10351254

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/10256742/Searchpage/2/Main/708422/Words/conquest+warranty/Search/true/Re:_Zeiss_Conquest_3-9x40_Zple#Post10256742

I have no more to say about that...
releehweoj-

No where in the links you posted did anyone claim to be denied warranty service from Zeiss. And I am dealing with Zeiss CS at the moment so want to point out the error of your post.

"Warranty service" does not necessarily mean repair. It can also mean replacement at the discretion of the manufacturer. In my case, they are giving me a brand-new scope. It's not uncommon for a manufacturer to replace rather than repair when the item involved is no longer in production.

And again, no one was "denied warranty service." I'm not sure where you got that from.
If they are so good why all the warranty repairs?

confused confused

Curious...not knocking them...
ya, what luv 2 safari said.......
Originally Posted by luv2safari
If they are so good why all the warranty repairs?

confused confused

Curious...not knocking them...

--

There have been posts regarding a couple of returns here recently -- not exactly some avalanche of faulty products. Continue reading here on the fire and elsewhere and you'll find that EVERY maker out there has returns, including all of the big names, too. Want to know why Leupold's CS is so highly-touted? Hint: they get lots of practice! smile smile smile

In all seriousness, Zeiss proportionately likely has no more returns than any other manufacturer. Their employees are human, and all humans make mistakes. Their products have performed extremely well for me over the years. My return is a scope that did not have the proper adjustment range of elevation in it.
I bought a 6.5x20x50 in the bargain cave years ago. The side focus came loose internally. They sent me a brand new in the box scope. fast too. I have since bought another and both they and 3 3x9's have given absolutely no problem. I believe they are great scopes! Would buy another if needed with absolutely no hesitation. For what its worth. what loveslevers said also.
Just kiddin, great scopes. A bit heavy but a great scope
© 24hourcampfire