Home
Posted By: KimR WTB 9X57 Mauser dies,cases - 09/05/15
Need dies,cases reformed from 8X57 OK.Thanks.
Posted By: Hook Re: WTB 9X57 Mauser dies,cases - 09/05/15
KimR, I may can save you a few steps because I was in the same position as you a couple of months ago. My attempt to find used dies was met with a deafening silence. Maybe you'll be lucky and someone will step forward with a set they'll part with.

I ended up buying a new set of Reddings from MidSouth Shooters. Then, in order to neck 8X57 brass up to 9mm, I had to buy a tapered expander to go in the sizing die. Once I got everything in place, I necked up 100 rounds of new 8X57 and about 25 rounds of twice fired 8X57 without losing a single piece.

Haven't been able to try them out as yet. The chambering reamer came in w/i a week of ordering it. However, the barrel has been on order for 2 months and I have yet to get a shipping notice.
Posted By: KimR Re: WTB 9X57 Mauser dies,cases - 09/05/15
Hook,Thanks!Youre not a retired MTU g-smith,are you?RCBS is insanely priced;Redding or CH is better.Have to slug the bore also.
Take a look on the Bufalo Arms Company website, they probably have the CH4D dies in stock and if anyone has 9x57 brass, they would.
Posted By: Hook Re: WTB 9X57 Mauser dies,cases - 09/05/15
KimR, I am a retired engineer.

If you want the tapered expander button, you will pay over $80 for the Reddings, plus shipping. There ain't no cheapies out there for this caliber.

I forgot to mention that I ran the 8X57 brass through my 338 Win die first and then into the 9X57 die.
Posted By: KimR Re: WTB 9X57 Mauser dies,cases - 09/08/15
Looks like MidSouth has best price.I can run 8X57 into my 338/06 die first then 9X57.Thanks all.
Posted By: Hook Re: WTB 9X57 Mauser dies,cases - 09/08/15
KimR, after all this talk, I think a pic and description of your 9X57 are order.....
Posted By: KimR Re: WTB 9X57 Mauser dies,cases - 09/08/15
Its a Mauser mod B.send me your em addy&ill send pics from [email protected]
© 24hourcampfire