Home
Winchester 70 Classic Sporter 30-06 with CFR action. I added this stock which I believe is out of the custom shop, only seen one other like it. It has a nice satin finish. I had the trigger lightened to about 2#, and the action bedded. I've only fired about 25 rounds through it total. There is one small ding on the bottom of the floorplate, a wear mark on the back left side of the action that I believe was beneath the wood on the original stock, ever so slight wear on the finish on the extractor body. Minimal blemishes on the wood from bumping around in the safe. Only selling because I inherited a pre-64 300H&H and consequently haven’t even had a scope mounted on this rifle in over a year.

$650 shipped CONUS, USPS MO only.

add $25 for a set of Talley extra low 1" rings, never mounted.

[Linked Image]

more pics
http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/Mertopp/library/spring%20cleaning%20sale/guns/win%2070%2030-06
It appears to me the stock is off a "compact" rifle, basically a featherweight barrel channel with the funky flared forearm. I have on in 243 my daughter shoots.
I believe the butt stock would be straight combed if it were a compact. Bump for a nice looking rifle.
True DBrink - I've just about seen all of the New Haven designs and this one is unique - not a usual offering - Custom Shop is a good guess based on checkering etc.

Bump for a nice rig!

This is the only other time I've seen this stock for sale, the owner here calls it a Euro Deluxe. I bought mine because it reminded me of a BRNO VZ24 stock.

ebay link
Nice rig 'bout says it!
Trying to figure out how I need it! grin
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Trying to figure out how I need it! grin

Ditto
I need that rifle like i need a third arm, but a third arm could be handy right?
Originally Posted by m21black
It appears to me the stock is off a "compact" rifle, basically a featherweight barrel channel with the funky flared forearm. I have on in 243 my daughter shoots.

If you call a schnabel that "funky flared forearm" you might be a rifle illiterate. That "funky flared forearm" you refer to has a very distinct purpose in offhand shooting.
If anyone's interested, I'd trade this for a similar 338 win mag blued sporter, classic era. We could swap just barreled actions if preferred.

Edit: I'm taking this one off the market as a trade deal is now pending. Will update if it falls through.
That is a fine deal for someone. Free bump.
trade fell through so this is back up for sale
btt
bump ... someone gotta want this! (other than me)
btt
beauty of a rifle. Is that a New Haven rifle?
Yes, the classic models are the new havens with crf bolts
$665 shipped with the brand new talleys!
btt
btt
btt
$665 shipped with the brand new talleys
$650 shipped alone

Not going below those prices.

interested in a Glock 17 with no modifications or a Smith and Wesson 442 no-lock.
100 % set on a no lock model?

[Linked Image]

Yes I'm set on the no-lock model, I already have one with the lock that I want to replace now that Smith and Wesson has finally offering them without.
How does it shoot? How much does it weigh (I imagine 7.5ish without a scope).

Thanks,

Jeff
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
How does it shoot? How much does it weigh (I imagine 7.5ish without a scope).

Thanks,

Jeff

PM returned
© 24hourcampfire