Home
Posted By: ChuckKY I'm outta here - 12/10/15
I can't hardly view the forum anymore because of the ADS that take over anymore. Worst site on the internet. Bought alot of good stuff here at fair prices from alot of good people. Just not worth it anymore at the 'fire. Can't even type because computer busy blocking sh*t that keeps trying to pop up.
Posted By: GunGeezer Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Think you might want to take a look at your settings... something is set wrong letting the spam/garbage in.
Posted By: Diablero Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
I have the same crap pop up every couple minutes. It seems like it gets worse in the evening like after 6pm. This is the only website that does this. Mine started doing it about 2 weeks ago. Win a free IPhone pops up or some [bleep] like that. Its ridiculous...
Posted By: boatboy Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
My desk top is not an issue but my cel is a real problem

I must be set up better at the desk top to deal with it

Hank
Posted By: Pop2005 Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
My laptop is locked out of the fourm only way for me to access it through my Phone... What's up with that????
Posted By: celery Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
I just started getting pop ups a couple days ago. They take the whole screen. When you get back to the site, you can stay about 10 seconds and another one pops up.
Posted By: jdbgunslinger Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
I agree....i cant even get through this post
Posted By: ned Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
guess i've been lucky. may not matter but i use Chrome with the free AdBlocker
Posted By: Kaleb Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
It does really suck but I never thought to start a thread to tell a bunch of people that I don't know bye bye? I don't figure anyone would give a chit if I left or not?
Posted By: JeffG Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
free AdBlocker is your friend, go ahead and do it, no more popups.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by ned

+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My problems ended with Chrome and AdBlocker+.............
Posted By: GasGuzzler Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Never have experienced this on my fowng (iPhone/Safari) or desktop (FireFox). You have a setting or two to tweak.
Posted By: 222Sako Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by ned

FireFox and adblocker are our friends!
Posted By: twofish Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by ned

+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My problems ended with Chrome and AdBlocker+.............

Yep
Posted By: RememberBaker Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
You can stop it from happening on an IPhone by tapping the "X" on the address bar just before it finishes loading, but you have to do it every time you look at a different page. Kind of a PIA but at least it makes viewing on a phone tolerable.
Posted By: vacrt2002 Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Rarely if ever do I get pop-ups..........
Posted By: Diablero Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Never have experienced this on my fowng (iPhone/Safari) or desktop (FireFox). You have a setting or two to tweak.

24hourcampfire has the tweeking to do. This is the only site of the 10 or so I visit a day that does this. Everybody is screaming about how great adblocker is but on my Android it makes it run slow and locks it up and then you have to reboot. There is all kinds of complaints about popups in The talk to the webmaster forum.
Yep same here..it stays froze up then type 2 letters and freezes again thought it was just my pc
Posted By: deadeyedan Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by 222Sako
Originally Posted by ned

Yup - no issue here.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
This.😆
Posted By: slg888 Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
How ya like it when you're password jumps to the user name box when logging in?

Or typing a sentence then waiting 5 minutes for the text to catch up?

How 'bout those pm box's flashing with no messages?

I Understand chukky it's annoying.
Posted By: gibby141 Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Only in the last two days has this been an issue (on my iPhone). Now, when connected to wifi, there doesn't seem to be a problem. However, when not connected to wifi, my phone is useless in regards to looking at this site.
Posted By: covejeepsxj Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
I agree. I can't browse the site on my cell at all. A pop-up every 5 seconds or so.

On the actual computer using Chrome with Ad Block I have no problems though.
Posted By: ZacP Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by ned

+1
Posted By: DANNYL Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Hit and miss here,some days they pop up and the next day they don't. When they start popping up I just log out for the day. Don't want to but aint dealing with the bull.
Posted By: WL205 Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
i just added adblock to chrome after reading this thread and its an instant dramatic difference.
Posted By: DesertSandman Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
If you're running Firefox: This cured my problems, give it a try.

FROM YOUR FIREFOX START PAGE
(Before logging into the 24hourcampfire)

go to top of page, click on box with 3 horizontal lines

then click on the MASK icon = NEW PRIVATE WINDOW

then proceed as you normally would to 24hourcampfire cool wink

Posted By: old_willys Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by boatboy
My desk top is not an issue but my cel is a real problem

I must be set up better at the desk top to deal with it

Hank

+1
Posted By: DesertSandman Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
The MASK icon = NEW PRIVATE WINDOW blocks cookies & tracking and no saved history, bookmarks and passwords still work as normal.
Posted By: Cometcat Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
When it comes to puters I am NOT the sharpest pencil in the drawer, I have to get a KID to get me fixed!!!

Sounds like I have the same problems as others.. I can way out type a message most of the time I have to wait to see just what I have typed in other words I can out type this and I am not fast at all !!! My computer (lap top) will get so slow that I just give up **OR** it freezes up and the only thing I can do is shut down sometimes it froze so bad I have to unplug it.. I too like others don't have any trouble with any other sites, this is the only site that does these things...

The problem is this is the best site there is and the one I like the most..

Alan ><>
Posted By: gemby58 Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
My tablet freezes, then get a reload page, phone just freezesand then starts working, laptop is about ready to take on full auto from my AR
Posted By: BobinNH Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by celery
I just started getting pop ups a couple days ago. They take the whole screen. When you get back to the site, you can stay about 10 seconds and another one pops up.

Ditto. Not on my laptop, but tabloid is a real problem. Every few seconds. Impossible to post or even read a thread uninterrupted. I finally just quit using the tabloid. It's like an open sewer.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Firefox with Adblock = no popups for me whatsoever.
Posted By: johnp034 Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
I have the same problem with mine, Windows 10can't type sometimes, (like now) I get a little blue circle like its thinking all of a sudden.
Posted By: lazydrifter Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
I had alot of problems with IE. Once I switched to Chrome with adblock I've had zero problems. Smooth as can be.
Posted By: 28lx Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
If you have an I Phone go to the App store and buy Ad Clear for 99 cents. You will have no more problems.
Posted By: abilene Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Originally Posted by WL205
i just added adblock to chrome after reading this thread and its an instant dramatic difference.

Yeah, worked for me too. Thanks to the post above. Thank you sir.
Posted By: BB3 Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Adblock is a must have these days. I also have changed my settings to block all pop ups and only allow when I say so.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
ChuckKY: I simply do not experience any of the situations that some on this forum experience and complain about from time to time.
I don't know why - I do know I have first rate equipment and "blockers" for lack of a better word.
I have NEVER seen anything like you describe.
Maybe you should update your gear if you are looking for a solution?
Good luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
I downloaded Adblocker's new browser a few weeks ago. It's great and now I don't see any adds whatsoever.
And I can finally type with out a Frickin 30 second delay.

Before that, the Fire had become Un-usable on my new iPad Mini.
Posted By: mcsweeto Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
Sounds like you need AdBlock, friend. NoScript is even better, though I recommend both.

Best wishes
Posted By: nathanial Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
No problems on my IPad but the IMac locks up immediately when opening this sight.
Posted By: Stoneybroke Re: I'm outta here - 12/10/15
My problems ended with Chrome and AdBlocker+
Posted By: toa Re: I'm outta here - 12/11/15
Ad Blocked on my PC it HAD To BE ADDED...I'm not too much into "add ins" but man o man

My iPad, keeps knocking me off, ONLY THIS SITE

Posted By: johnp034 Re: I'm outta here - 12/11/15
How do you get ad blocker & chrome on windows 10? This site is driving me crazy! Takes 10 minutes to type this message. Keep getting bumped off, get some crazy little blue circle, that keeps me from typing!
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: I'm outta here - 12/11/15
I had lots of problems on Tues. The Adclick program
would lock things up. It was impossible that morning.

As many may know all those ads take up time loading,
and they make the site much slower.

The owner of the site gets revenue every time
someone clicks on an ad.

I really get PO'd when the sound starts up on one
of the ads.
Posted By: KenMi Re: I'm outta here - 12/11/15
If you have Microsoft Edge.....DON'T USE IT for this site. Use the Internet Explorer browser with adblocker installed. Works flawlessly, and not one ad to be seen smile

For a few days, I couldn't access this site from my phone, because of the annoying Facebook popups that locked everything up, but that problem disappeared like a fart in the wind.
Posted By: REDVANES Re: I'm outta here - 12/11/15
Yep, it sucks!!
Posted By: boliep Re: I'm outta here - 12/11/15

I was going to suggest what is below until I saw others suggested it. Made my several year old computer act like new. Far faster than it had been and no popups either.

FROM YOUR FIREFOX START PAGE
(Before logging into the 24hourcampfire)

go to top of page, click on box with 3 horizontal lines

then click on the MASK icon = NEW PRIVATE WINDOW
Posted By: GasGuzzler Re: I'm outta here - 12/11/15
Easy work arounds people.
Posted By: Rusty_Shackleford Re: I'm outta here - 12/11/15
Wow. This entire thread really took me by surprise. I have NEVER seen a popup or an advert on this site. I just thought it was better run than most others. I must be doing something right eh?
Posted By: TC1 Re: I'm outta here - 12/12/15
Surfing this site on a cellphone is aggravating. It's not much better most day's on my desktop. Someday's I get constant full screen pop-ups and other days the ads at the bottom of the page start talking. The pages take a long time to load because of all the damn ads that have to load with the content. I can appreciate that this is a for profit website but there comes a time when ads over take precedence over the content. They are on the ragged edge here.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: I'm outta here - 12/12/15
I occasionally have same issue on 24HCF with an iPhone 5s. Going to "System" --> "Safari" --> "Advanced" and turning off "Java Scripting" will stop the pop ups for no cost.

Keep in mind, that setting may also cripple some legitimate apps that use Java, eg: FB, and some weather apps. So, gotta flip flop. But works for me on the occasions that I have an issue with the pop ups on 24HCF. And, the cost is zero...
Posted By: cisco1 Re: I'm outta here - 12/12/15

I just click on the red dot at the upper left.
Posted By: HaYen Re: I'm outta here - 12/12/15
I use an add-in to FireFox call NoScript. I controller what runs on my computer from across the wire.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: I'm outta here - 12/12/15
Have no issues on the PC using Chrome with Ghostery and Adblock Plus. Have zero popups and zero ads currently.

On the Android tablet, with Chrome I get more issues but can usually navigate semi-reliably...

But on the Android phone is the biggest goddammed pain in the ass anymore. Using Chrome browser, something is screwed up... Whatever tells my unit to open the virtual keyboard is wanked and can hardly post anymore, which might be a good thing! But the site constantly drops out and has to be reloaded. It is definitely related to 24hourcampfire only regardless of what anyone claims. Previous posts indicate the site will act differently via different carriers or networks. Whatever the case may be, I have zero issues anywhere else.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: I'm outta here - 12/13/15
I have had virtually all of the issues mentioned. It was so bad for awhile, that I could not even log in. I don't know what happened, but it is better now. The site quits working regularly, but comes back fairly quickly. I have never had any of these problems on any other forums.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: I'm outta here - 12/13/15
Originally Posted by RememberBaker
You can stop it from happening on an IPhone by tapping the "X" on the address bar just before it finishes loading, but you have to do it every time you look at a different page. Kind of a PIA but at least it makes viewing on a phone tolerable.

This is what I've learned to do.
Posted By: johnp034 Re: I'm outta here - 12/13/15
Switched to google chrome, solved all my issues!
Posted By: Anjin Re: I'm outta here - 12/13/15
It works just fine with my preferred browser, Safari, too.

In fact, I believe that I am using Ad Blocker Plus. Is saved my ability to use the Campfire and it was very easy to install

Originally Posted by 222Sako
Originally Posted by ned

Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: I'm outta here - 12/13/15
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Firefox with Adblock = no popups for me whatsoever.

Same here!
Posted By: ZR10054 Re: I'm outta here - 12/13/15
I didn't even know this was an issue but I do use Chrome.
Posted By: forpest Re: I'm outta here - 12/13/15
When posting, I had an issue with the keyboard coming up then disappearing when I tried to type on my ipad. I went thru several weeks of not posting cuz insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result. Finally noticed that something - an ad or adblock? - is trying to reload. To the left of the address bar is a circle (to reload) or an X (to stop the reload). Press X, and I can type again!

Not sure how to fix it permanently, but that at least got the fingers going again!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: I'm outta here - 12/13/15
Originally Posted by forpest
When posting, I had an issue with the keyboard coming up then disappearing when I tried to type on my ipad. I went thru several weeks of not posting cuz insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result. Finally noticed that something - an ad or adblock? - is trying to reload. To the left of the address bar is a circle (to reload) or an X (to stop the reload). Press X, and I can type again!

Not sure how to fix it permanently, but that at least got the fingers going again!

Try Dolphin browser.

Free and has built in ad block.
© 24hourcampfire