Home
I am sure most here have seen or heard of titanium nitride coatings on firearm parts. It is a surface treatment that not only adds unique color, but provides nearly twice the hardness of steel. It is extremely durable and wear resistant. We have been offering the coatings alongside custom machining for the past several years and have had countless happy customers. It is time to offer a special deal for all of the people on this forum that share their knowledge with all of us. To keep it simple, I will offer basic coatings in this thread, but feel free to PM me about custom machining and other project ideas.

The coating is being offered in Gold (TiN), Black (AlTiN), and Rose (TiCN). The standard process includes full disassembly, media blasting, ultraconic cleaning, coating (Cathodic Arc), and reassembly. This provides a very appealing satin finish. This process can be done on steel, stainless steel, and titanium (no springs).

Pistol Barrels (less than 8”): $40
Pistol Slides: $80
Pistol Controls (slide release, safety, etc): $25
Screws and Pins: $10
Rifle Bolt Body or Bolt Carrier: $80
Return shipping is a flat $8 per order no matter how much you have done.

If you are interested, please PM me a list of what you would like done so that we can establish a total and exchange information. Typical turnaround is 2-3 weeks. Paypal, check, money order, or CC accepted.

Thank you,
Mike
Middlebranch Machine & MG Precision Arms

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Tag
Can you do complete rifles?
Rifle barrels? With pics. Are the slides in picture two, the black coating?
The slides in all four photos have been nitride coated. Barrels up to 16" can be done, but the price goes up rather quickly due to size constraints in the coating chambers. Actions can also be done and can be quoted based on size. For larger items such as barreled actions we can quote for salt bath black nitriding.
Tag
Tag
Tag>>>>
Tag for later.

Reno
tag
By popular request, I am adding the option for Silver (TiB2), although it is 50% more due to the materials involved in the process. Here is also the pricing for actions that are 700 footprint or similar.

700 Actions:
Gold $120
Rose $160
Black $190
Silver $240

Thank you,
Mike

[Linked Image]
Tag
tag
tag
What about just doing a fluted bolt from a 700 action?

Bb
A fluted bolt would be the same as any normal rifle bolt body ($80).
Tag
Cool
Tag
Tag for after Christmas...
tg
How does it hold up against heat?
In for some rifle pics
It can withstand higher heat than steel it protects.
This thread sucks. Now I want a Glock grin
tagger
Tag
Originally Posted by TC1
This thread sucks. Now I want a Glock grin

Other pistols can of course be done...Glocks just happen to be a personal favorite.
Tag
tag
tag
Tag
Mike, will you do aircraft parts? Thanks.

Yes, we can coat aircraft parts. We have done watches, knives, car parts, etc. you can send photos and measurements to [email protected]

Several people have also asked about the machining. I do all of the custom machining shown in the photos as well as many other styles. Feel free to inquire of you are interested in having anything done.

Thank you,
Mike
We also added Cerakote, so if you had that in mind as well we can do it all In the same place.
tag
tag
All orders have been shipped and everyone should have tracking.
tag
Tag.
I purchased some material from crosswire and it was shipped same day. free bump.
Tag, too.
tag
Nice work!
Thank you Pope! We are always trying to try new designs...open to suggestions as well smile
tag
tag
tag
I have a Winchester M/70 floorplate and trigger guard that I would like cerakoted in black. Could you please quote price and turn-around time? Thanks.
Tag
tag
PM inbound regarding Encore BBL.
Originally Posted by Crosswire3
We also added Cerakote, so if you had that in mind as well we can do it all In the same place.

Can you do either coating in Purple?
Yes, Cerakote can be done in several shades of purple.
What methode of nitriding is done? Gas, plasma or liquid?
Any adea of cost for a 700 action with 18" barrel attached?
tag
PM in your inbox.
tag
It is cathodic arc deposition which is a form of PVD.

18" barrel/action would unfortunately not fit in the coating chamber. We can offer nitride on the action or bolt, and do the barrel or barreled action in Cerakote.

Can you please post details and pricing for your nitride and Cerakote services including long arms especially?
Interesting
This may be a dumb question, can this process be used on alloy pistol frames (aluminum)? What is the pricing for pistol frames and complete pistols? Thanks!
Long guns and aluminum frames are generally best served by Cerakote. This is due to the coating chamber size and temperatures involved with nitride treatments. Rifle components such as actions and bolts are excellent candidates for nitriding since they are smaller and benefit from the added wear resistance. Longs guns done in Cerakote are generally in the $150-200 range.
So, an AR-15 Carrier, and not the bolt, would be $80 in gold? How much more for the AR-15 bolt, if it suitable for that, as hydrogen embrittlement is an issue with chrome, I've read.
Full BCGs are 100.
How much to TiN a shotgun choke tube?
Still available?
© 24hourcampfire