Home
I am located in Iowa, selling some fast growing hybrid willow cuttings for pickup and shipping. The fast growth can be used for wildlife habitat, screening, windbreaks, shade, and other uses. 10 for $170 dollars, planting height is 5 feet tall and can be over 10 feet tall by fall. Does not sucker or seed.
More pics and ordering info at my link: Fast Growing Trees Link
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tag
When will they ship?
Tagged
Locations as warm or warmer than me I can ship to this month.
[Linked Image]
smile
Bought some last year. No issues with seller. Going to order more this year.
cool
[Linked Image]
grin
whistle
smirk
cool
[Linked Image]
Do they lose limbs easy ,limbs die off , wind break them off ?
So far this hybrid selection I've been growing has been similar to trees like silver maple and green ash in that regard, but with a faster growth rate, 80-90 mph winds has been the highest winds so far I've tested on top of my hill.
Inch of ice on them shows their flexibility, as some willows like crack willow and black willow will just snap off with that weight.
[Linked Image]
If planted for a boundary, say, do they spread on their own in any kind of an invasive way?

Russian Olive was touted as a deer planting in MI back a bit and brother, do we regret that....
No, this specific hybrid clone is a male so don't have seed. Also don't sucker, so where you plant them is where they stay.
thanks!
grin
what is the recommended planting spacing when you are planting in a single row, for complete privacy between heads, once thy are mature?

dave
Do they require a lot of water ? Our watering in Wyoming is limited
Originally Posted by ilikemilitaria
what is the recommended planting spacing when you are planting in a single row, for complete privacy between heads, once thy are mature?

dave

can be planted as close as 3' apart, that fills in pretty fast and gives a good density of branches and trunks.
Originally Posted by pdhunter
Do they require a lot of water ? Our watering in Wyoming is limited

For sure in the first year would need some irrigation if not planted by a stream or other wet area in that climate. In dry situations some things one can do to conserve moisture, is deep mulch layer, keep weeds and sod from competing for moisture, water polymers can be put in each planting hole.
cool
whistle
[Linked Image]
laugh
cool
laugh
smirk
Originally Posted by hybridtrees
So far this hybrid selection I've been growing has been similar to trees like silver maple and green ash in that regard, but with a faster growth rate, 80-90 mph winds has been the highest winds so far I've tested on top of my hill.
Inch of ice on them shows their flexibility, as some willows like crack willow and black willow will just snap off with that weight.
[Linked Image]

How are these looking now?
Recommend for Wyoming weather??????
Originally Posted by Nebraska

How are these looking now?

after the inch of ice melted, their stems went upright again.
Originally Posted by Fotis
Recommend for Wyoming weather??????

They can grow in that climate, but they do better east. In drier climates things like a heavy mulch layer are more necessary.
How invasive is the root system? Would planting them 6' apart provide ample screening when mature?
Originally Posted by WVTILLIDIE
How invasive is the root system? Would planting them 6' apart provide ample screening when mature?

Yeah, 6' apart can work good for that use. They have a strong root system, so wouldn't plant it over things like septic drain field.
cool
I'm looking to plant them along a road front for wind/dust screening, but it's appx 20' from the end of my drainfield lines.
20-30 years down the line when large and mature may be a problem. 2 options would be keeping them smaller as a hedge or planting a smaller tree like my Snake Willow .
grin
laugh
whistle
[Linked Image]
smile
smirk
laugh
cool
grin
[Linked Image]
cool
grin
whistle
smirk
laugh
crazy
laugh
There's a guy on the North Iowa Man Stuff for Sale group looking for these trees. Have you seen it?
how much water do they require, alot or not so much?
Originally Posted by selmer
There's a guy on the North Iowa Man Stuff for Sale group looking for these trees. Have you seen it?

no I haven't, do you have a link to it? thanks
Originally Posted by gann
how much water do they require, alot or not so much?

Can depend on your climate, as in my western iowa climate, it can take some in the first year to get them established like most trees do. Heavy mulch layer suppressing the weeds and keeping moisture in the soil helped in my new plantings, usually after that I haven't had to as they have had enough drought tolerance.
grin
Tag
smile
smirk
laugh
cool
Trees
wink
smirk
laugh
How do these hybrid tree's handle extreme heat? I'm in ARID-zona
Do they make a shorter growing tree under 20'. I would like to keep them out of overhead lines
Naturally they will grow into a large tree, but I've kept these small for a decade by pruning them.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Owl
How do these hybrid tree's handle extreme heat? I'm in ARID-zona

They can, though would still need moisture.
smile
How do they do in a moist soil in Florida? Somewhat sandy but not pure sugar sand. Palmetto bushes and Pine trees grow well in the area. No oaks in the area, I think the ground stays a tad wet for those.
Yeah, they are pretty adaptable to soil types, moist soil offers pretty good conditions for growth.
laugh
cool
© 24hourcampfire