Home
Posted By: KenMi Good deal on VX-2 CDS 4-12x40 - 04/11/16
There is a dealer on Ebay selling a large amount of the Leupold VX-2 4-12x40 CDS scopes. Many have sold this past week, and they have a whole bunch ending this week. They have been ending between $270 and $280 shipped free.

So, if you are interested in one, check it out.

New in factory sealed packages.
Cabela's also has a good deal on VX-2 cds 2-7 right now...wind plex ...$265
Cabelas isn't offering free shipping on that scope. Almost another $20.00 to ship it.
They do have coupon codes currently available to save $30 on a $200-$300 purchase
Ken, sent you a pm
Sorry about that. I went back and read the email they sent, but apparently it is for in store purchases for Club members. Not sure if they would honor it for online/catalog or not.
Ken--thank for the heads up! Any concern about them being fakes?
Posted By: CMH Re: Good deal on VX-2 CDS 4-12x40 - 04/13/16
Originally Posted by Sako76
Ken--thank for the heads up! Any concern about them being fakes?

Hope not, I kinda accidentally "won" two of the auctions. Im not much of an expert on Ebay, but there was a lot of good ratings and the seller is an actual store so I'd know where to start if there was a problem.

I'll let you know when they get to me and I can see them in person if you like.
If it's from the store in WV then you will have no worries! I have bought many through them.

It's Sportsman's Supply in Butler, PA.

I just got mine today. It is a discontinued model (obviously), but great for that price. Still factory wrapped, and genuine Leupold. Not an AO scope, and is essentially the same scope body as the 3-9x40 CDS. I had a 3-9 CDS on a 243, but could sometimes use the extra magnification, so switched to this one. Looks identical.

They have sold almost 50 of these so far. My guess is they got a pallet load deal from Leupold for the discontinued model (such as Cabela's did in the past)

Generally the fakes on Ebay are quite easy to spot, and are coming from China, or just seem too good to be true, and the listings look like they were roughly translated from Mandarin.
Posted By: CMH Re: Good deal on VX-2 CDS 4-12x40 - 04/13/16
Well that's definitely good news. Thanks for the heads up on the heads up.
Originally Posted by KenMi
It's Sportsman's Supply in Butler, PA.

I just got mine today. It is a discontinued model (obviously), but great for that price. Still factory wrapped, and genuine Leupold. Not an AO scope, and is essentially the same scope body as the 3-9x40 CDS. I had a 3-9 CDS on a 243, but could sometimes use the extra magnification, so switched to this one. Looks identical.

They have sold almost 50 of these so far. My guess is they got a pallet load deal from Leupold for the discontinued model (such as Cabela's did in the past)

Generally the fakes on Ebay are quite easy to spot, and are coming from China, or just seem too good to be true, and the listings look like they were roughly translated from Mandarin.

The guys at Sportsman Supply are good to go, great shop nice prices.
Thanks, sounds good. I'll have to give the auction a shot.
© 24hourcampfire