Home
I'm relatively new to bolt action rifles. I recently picked up a Kimber Montana 84M 308. While it's a beautiful rifle and like many things about it, a standard weight 308 rifle would be more suitable for my novice application. Kimber has maybe 50 rounds through it.

What I'm looking for: ideally, a Remington 700 .308 with a 20" heavy fluted 5R barrel in a HS stock. The one I've got my eye on is Remington model 85196. If you have something close to that, let me know. MUST BE A .308 BOLT ACTION.

I'm not interested in nice wood because I'll be painting the rifle. Don't bother with 14 lb bench rest rifles either. I plan to hunt with it and generally not treat it very nicely.

CLAY: I know you're going to read this. Don't even get me started. If either of us has an unhealthy relationship with firearms, it's definitely you. Ha!
I've been asked about the cash price.

$975 shipped

I don't have the original box but probably have the paperwork somewhere.
Can u post some pics
Originally Posted by greg72
Can u post some pics

You don't know what a kimber Montana looks like?

I know what one looks like and I wouldn't send you $975.00 without pictures of the rifle either.
Pics and at least a phone conversation, would be my preference.
Originally Posted by 28lx

I know what one looks like and I wouldn't send you $975.00 without pictures of the rifle either.

I agree with your logic. I'll get pics up this evening if the rifle lasts that long.
Here she be. Those aren't scratches on the stock. He stock has a rough texture so it'll leave streaks if you brush your fingernail against it or even if the skin on your hands is dry.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I've got an extra Rem M700 XCR Compact Tactical in 308 that I'd sell or trade, but I don't need a Montana.
If I'm going to trust a guy with 900-1000 bucks I'll trust him in the condition of the rifle. if pics make you warm and fuzzy that's great.

Most who want pics( of a regular factory rifle)don't plan on buying chit anyway
I'd rather see target pics than rifle pics.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I'd rather see target pics than rifle pics.

If I had target pics those would have gone up first :-)

Didn't get a chance to stretch this one out with decent ammo, just did some practicing with a couple boxes of federal m80 ball ammo.
Target pictures are a lot like online dating pictures. They only show you what you want to see. Never had much faith in either.
Mornin'
$950 shipped, firm.

Unless you have a 5r stainless Rem 700 in .308 I'm no longer looking for trades.

Bump
pm sent
SPF to gbp
© 24hourcampfire