Home
Posted By: jmssi Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/03/16

Up for sale is a Weatherby Ultralight in 7/08..

Excellent condition with less than 40 shots fired.. This is the newer tan stocked version.. weight on rifle is 5 3/4 lbs...

These rifles came from the factory with Krieger Criterion barrels..

I also have a set of 1" SK rings and bases I will include with the sale of the rifle for an additional 40.00

Can send pics

1250.00 shipped conus
These are great lightweight rifles. Hunted one as my primary rifle for 15+ years before letting it go, which I regret. How's the accuracy on this one and with what ammo/bullet weights factory or handloads?

Thanks,
Craig
Got one in a 240 wby would never let it go
Posted By: jmssi Re: Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/04/16
Craig

I tried two Nosler factory loads one with 120 BT the other 140 AB's.. The rifle shot 1" at 100yds without any drama

I'm sure the rifle would do better if someone would invest time figuring out what it likes to be fed

I have several other rifles and a xp100 in this chambering and this rifle never gets used

Time for this to go to a new home..
Up
Bartell length?
24"
Bartell length?
Twenty four inches
If you bought the gun new it should have a factory supplied target. Do you have it?
Not sure if I still have the box for it
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/05/16
I'm pretty sure no test test targets for Ultralights.
Posted By: jmssi Re: Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/05/16
I don't recall a test target
Originally Posted by Sako76
I'm pretty sure no test test targets for Ultralights.

Mine came with one.
Posted By: KLM Re: Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/05/16
I purchased a used one 3 years ago in 30-06 without a target. Wow, have I been surprised. Bedded the action and removed the barrel channel speed bump. Everything has been under an inch at 100 yards with some groups hovering around .5 I actually left my ULA at home this fall.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/05/16
I own 3 Ultralights, none came with a test target. maybe you have a Range Certified.
I own 3 Ultralights, none came with a test target. maybe you have a Range Certified.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jmssi Re: Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/06/16
Still available
Posted By: ChipM Re: Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/06/16
Originally Posted by Reloder28

[Linked Image]

If that is the target from the gun you bought from me, it is because additional work was done by Weatherby and when returned, came with the test target. Of the 3 other Ultralights i've own or owned, none came with a test target. I assume the RC's come with a target.

Also free bump for a great guy deal with
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Weatherby Ultralight 7mm 08 - 12/07/16
I looked at the 2017 catalog, all new Mark V's have an accuracy guarantee of .99" at 100 yards!
© 24hourcampfire