Home
I have 2 1909 Argentine Mauser Actions in excellent condition. I would even call them like new even though they are over 100 years old. I bought them in 2000 with the plan of building 2 custom rifles. After 16 years I have discerned that I will never get around to building them. I would like to see them go to someone who will use them. Pictures of these can be seen in my thread in the custom rifles and wildcats section of the campfire titled "What should I do with these two"
These actions are ideal for all cartridges of the 30-06 family which have head diameter the same as the 7.65 x 53 Argentine Mauser that these were originally chambered for. So .270, 25-06, .280 Remington, etc.,etc. will feed well in these.
The price is $300 each plus shipping in the United States to your FFL. Payment is by postal money order only.
PM me for contact information.

I've got an '09 Argentine I built into a 35 Whelen. Tickled with it.

Good luck bump.
PM sent
ttt
I'll take one.
I'll take the other.
I have two. They are like a Swiss watch.
I wouldn't hijack someone's thread, but it looks like you've found your buyers... I have one of these rifles that was beautifully sporterized by some unknown 'smith long past. It's a very attractive rifle, but it needs a better trigger and I can't find one!!
Are you all aware of a trigger, or is there a way to rework the original??
Originally Posted by chuckh_02
I wouldn't hijack someone's thread, but it looks like you've found your buyers... I have one of these rifles that was beautifully sporterized by some unknown 'smith long past. It's a very attractive rifle, but it needs a better trigger and I can't find one!!
Are you all aware of a trigger, or is there a way to rework the original??

Any Timney Jewell, etc. made for a large ring 98 Mauser action should work.
No one that I've ever met still uses the original trigger. powdr
Originally Posted by powdr
No one that I've ever met still uses the original trigger. powdr

Then you are obviously living in a cave and are il-informed.
Yep. I have a very nice custom 7mm Remington on a 1909 action with the original trigger, modified to a crisp single-stage pull.
© 24hourcampfire