Home
Posted By: MWN FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/21/17
My 'Rearrangement of the Herd' sale continues.

For sale is a Thompson-Center ICON rifle in .243, blued with walnut stock. Fit and finish is very good. Walnut is straight grained with decent contrast. I bought a couple of these for future rebarrel projects when they were getting closed out and this one is surplus to needs. Great action that incorporated a lot of neat features but the rifle didn't survive the corporate changeover to S&W.

This rifle is new in the original factory box and includes all factory paperwork. Some of the paperwork is dated 2007/2008. The box is somewhat tattered.

$550 shipped CUSA to your FFL (they must accept from an individual). Need an 'I'll take it' and an email with all contact info to oldgunshooterATgmail.com.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: khough Re: FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/21/17
Love the accuracy, action, and overall handling of these Icon rifles!
Did this come with a factory target??? Curious to know what size group it would show?

.... pretty sure they shipped the Icons with test targets
Posted By: MWN Re: FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/22/17
Yes, there is a factory target in the box; 0.68 dated July 17, 2008

To my knowledge this rifle has not been back to the factory for any recalls.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/22/17
Can you post a pic of the target?
I did more research on the factory recall on the safety lever. Apparently this rifle DID go through the recall protocol as there is a 'red star' on the box which is how they marked them when they did. This must have taken place prior to me buying the rifle.

[Linked Image]
Here's a scan of the test target included with the rifle. The grey horizontal lines in the scan are not on the actual target, must be something to do with my lack of techno expertise smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sako76 Re: FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/22/17
Thanks!
BTT. This is too good of a deal to let die. If I wasn't in the middle of a 6mm Rem project I'd buy it.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/23/17
Same here, I just bought a Howa Alpine in 243, I must not buy this!
Posted By: jobyjob Re: FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/23/17
You have a deal, MWN.

PM incoming,

Mark
Posted By: MWN Re: FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/23/17
Rifle is SPF to jobyjob. Thanks! -MN
I'll take it, yes.

Thank you,

Mark
Posted By: Sako76 Re: FS: NIB TC Icon Rifle .243 - 01/23/17
Great snag, good luck with it!
Thank you Sako76. I've owned 2 or 3 of these that I wished I'd kept. And I have a gap in my battery right around that .243 caliber. Looking forward to deer and coyote hunting with it.
© 24hourcampfire