Home
Sako 85 Black Finnlight in 30-06. Has 36 rounds fired.

Rifle has only been to the range and it as new.

Includes box and all paper work.

$1000 plus actual shipping to your FFL
Pictures

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

How did it shoot?
Didnt even know they made them in black
165 gr Accubonds did great. I am just going to stay with my 338 Federal
PMs replied. Back up for the Monday quarterbacks
Orchemo, Would you include shipping for $1,000.00 ?
$1K shipped
btt
My buddy has one of these in 6.5x55. Ive seen that rifle embarrass many custom rifles.....with regularity. Good luck with sale. Great rifles bump
I have the Swede also.

PMs replied
That will work most anywhere on anything loaded right.

Are the CM or SS?
Nice rifle. Free bump
Not sure what CM or SS is asking?
Chrome moly or stainless steel?
Stainless I assume?
Correct Sako76.
pm sent
Still available

$970 shipped
Sweet rifle!

Must be a "buyer's market"!?
They are chrome moly, and a few dealers have them priced at $800 or so right now
Originally Posted by ULA24
They are chrome moly, and a few dealers have them priced at $800 or so right now

Is the finish on the barrel bluing or something else? That is the one thing I haven't seen answered.

Also, I haven't seen them for $800. Lowest I am seeing is $1099 for JRS1C20 (Sako 85 Synthetic Black in 30-06 SPRG). If you have a line on Synthetic Blacks for $800 I would love to know where.
Sako web-site is not too clear on the finish, but compared to other "blued" or coated rifles, the finish appears to be more a coating.

If I were find one for $800....I would be sending to JES for conversion to a 338-06
Ula 24. I would like to know where they are 800 now as well.
Anyone ever here back from ULA24 on the supposed dealers, plural, selling these at 800 ? I haven't. Curious.
You likely won't as they aren't.
Originally Posted by Orchemo
Sako web-site is not too clear on the finish, but compared to other "blued" or coated rifles, the finish appears to be more a coating.

I was bothered that I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere online. I sent an email to Sako asking what the coating/process is for the black metal parts.

Their response:

Hi,

the process is called “bluing”. More info form Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluing_(steel) . All matte black metal parts are blued. I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Emma Englund
Sako Ltd
This is a solid deal on an 85. There are none to be had for $800 anywhere. I would be willing to bet that. The finish on these rifles looks really good.
© 24hourcampfire