Home
First get a photoBucket account, it's free. Then you can upload pictures to photoBucket. Once you upload a picture click on it. On the bottom right you'll see a button that says share. Click on the share button and then choose get links. Then you copy the bottom link (IMG). Then come back to where you want to post a picture and click on paste.

You can add comments before you post a picture or after or both.
Uploading..cable from phone of camera to computer.
Where does adjusting the picture take place?
Photobucket has some built in edit features. Instead of hitting share button ,click the edit button.
Tag
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Uploading..cable from phone of camera to computer.
Where does adjusting the picture take place?
If you have a smartphone, you can use the photobucket app and upload directly from the phone.
tag
Get TinyPic...
If you click on the picture icon to post a picture I found that I need to copy/share the "Direct" link (second from top) on Photobucket to get bigger pictures.
Otherwise, as originally stated, copy the last (IMG) link in photobucket and paste DIRECTLY into your post.

...this should eliminate posting tiny pics...
This should be a sticky...
Thanks
When I post pictures,I just open two browsers,one on Photobucket and one on whichever forum I want to post a picture. I click and copy the IMG.code and then paste it anywhere in the text of my post.
Tag
imgbox.com
Photobucket is also good for posting pictures on your Gunbroker (GB) listings. GB only lets you post four pictures in their for sale listings and resizes them in such a way that the resolution of the pictures are often diminished.

To get around this, you use Photobucket to host the pictures and notice they have 4 different categories for different things (Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML Code, IMG Code).
After you describe your item in the GB listing description box, paste your HTML tags after your text in the item description box. Once you post the auction,the photo's that show will be full size and don't think there is a number limit.
Thanks for the info.
tag
now tell us how to post a video/youtube?
I would if I could but I don't know how. My laptop crashed (broken screen) so now I'm using my iPhone.
Tag
I gave up on photobucket...too much bs, and down half the time.
The one time I turned off my adblocker with them, good lord the advertising, insanity.

Go with imgur. Easy, free, quick and BS-free.
There's a free Windows application I have used for years for editing, mainly rotating resizing and cropping pics that's called XnView. It's lightweight and doesn't have to be constantly updated. I have had zero problems with it since, I am not sure, late 90's? It does lots more too including batch processing... http://www.xnview.com/en/

Originally Posted by deerstalker
now tell us how to post a video/youtube?

deerstalker,
It may work some other way but the only sure way I can do it is by copying the goods from the YouTube address into this:
[video:youtube]PUT THE CHIT HERE[/video]

For example, copy this line from your browser's address bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mynzbmrtp9I

and then type [video:youtube] before it and [/video] behind it, with no spaces. If you hit quote on this post you'll see the format.

And you get:

Tag
Tag
Originally Posted by kragman1
This should be a sticky...

You mean like the one posted in Photography...11 years ago? LOL
Behind times for posting pics. I have 3 other forums we direct link pics from a phone/computer/where ever w/ out photobucket but oh well.

All need to remember if you delete the photo from your photobucket account, the photo in the forum will also go bye bye....
Tag
Originally Posted by broomd
I gave up on photobucket...too much bs, and down half the time.
The one time I turned off my adblocker with them, good lord the advertising, insanity.

Go with imgur. Easy, free, quick and BS-free.

I agree. Lots of options out there better than photobucket.
tag
© 24hourcampfire