Home
I am located in Iowa, selling some fast growing hybrid willow cuttings for pickup and shipping. The fast growth can be used for wildlife habitat, screening, windbreaks, shade, and other uses. 10 for $170 dollars, planting height is 5 feet tall and can be over 10 feet tall by fall. Does not sucker or seed.

More pics and ordering info at my link: Fast Growing Trees Link

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
What is the average lifespan of these trees?
can average in 40-50yr range
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
grin
whistle
smirk
How many trees would be needed for a 300' stretch. For moderate privacy
You can plant as close as 3' apart, that would be 100, but can be done at different spacings, from 3' to 10' apart for privacy. The closer the spacing, the faster it will fill in and be the more desired density.
smile
Would the willows grow in Mid Michigan with sandy soil?
Mid Michigan is fine, if sandy soil is in a dry area, then watering and mulching in the first year would be important for establishment.
Dumb question but I would imagine there would be a massive amount of leaves to pickup in the fall
No more than other trees, small leaves, seem to disappear pretty fast.
laugh
cool
whistle
crazy
tag...
[Linked Image]
How much is the shipping to Minneapolis, mn.?
How do they do in the cold? How long do they tend to hold on to their leaves?
Originally Posted by harleyguy02
How much is the shipping to Minneapolis, mn.?

Price would be 10 for $170 shipped, for bigger quantities, can refer to my link: quantity pricing link
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
How do they do in the cold? How long do they tend to hold on to their leaves?

In my climate, they held onto them into november most years. You may get too cold if you are in the northern part of mt, but they can take around -30F. In colder climates, its good to make sure to mulch heavy going into the first winter, so that their young root system is protected well if a bad winter happens.
smirk
grin
smile
tag
cool
whistle
smirk
cool
laugh
What kind of yearly precipitation is needed?
Ideally over 20 inches, or want to irrigate some, depends also on the climate, as hot will dry out a lot faster than cold climate.
wink
tag
South Louisiana - 60 inches of rainfall, 0 to 4 frosts per year. Highs in the mid 90s in Summer.

Fit?
yeah, heat and moisture makes these trees fly.
laugh
cool
Order for 20 sent. Got just the spot for them. cool
Thanks, I'll send them out Monday.
laugh
grin
Is it too late to plant them this year?
smirk
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Is it too late to plant them this year?

No, April can be a good time to plant. If you're averaging high temps, just keep them watered good and they will come out of dormancy pretty quickly.
grin
Tag
smile
whistle
smirk
cool
laugh
How well do they thrive or die in the desert heat of Arizona ?

How must water do they need ?
People have grown them in AZ, but need a good source of water to irrigate them.
smile
smirk
smile
whistle
smirk
cool
grin
smile
whistle
smile
laugh
smile