Home
I know it's a long shot, but I am looking for a Winchester M70 Classic Bolt, RH, Long Action, Standard Bolt face, good condition (a New Haven production bolt and nothing newer than that).

I shipped a barreled action to a gunsmith and along the way the box was damaged and the bolt never showed up. I'm working with USPS to see if they can locate it. And I have opened a case for the insurance. But I'm not hopeful this will be resolved.

And please, I don't wish to turn this into a diatribe about the USPS. Sh-t happens. I don't blame them. I blame me for not fully insuring the shipment.

So, if you know of a bolt, a location or smith that might have one, any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
bump
Let's help Rob find a bolt!!!
Bump
ttt
Did you check eBay?
Been keeping an eye there, nothing so far.

TTT
bump
Rob,

Sending you a pm with info. John
Sent you a pm.
Rob,

Sorry about your missing bolt. I know that this is like closing the barn door, yada yada, but I've had good luck with shipping rifles in these inexpensive cases. For $25 TYD, they're cheap insurance against most types of damage that can be inflicted by the carriers, and they conveniently come in an unmarked cardboard box:

Plano rifle case

I always keep a fresh one on hand in case a situation comes up where I need to ship something.
Still looking
© 24hourcampfire