Home
My buddy is going through a job change and can't give this dog the time he deserves in the field. He is also starting to work out of town so caring for the dog is becoming challenging. The dog has been raised from a puppy in the house and is house broke. He is very lovable and friendly.

This is a pure bred male English Pointer that is 1.5 years old, born on 10/14/15. He is out of outstanding hunting/field trial bloodlines. The dog does hunt and point but needs a little finishing work. He is collar broke. My buddy feels that he will make a good gundog. He points with a nice high 12'oclock tail and is a strong runner with a good gait.

My buddy has had bird dogs for a long time and has had some real good ones. He is no sentimentalist with the dogs and if he says the dog will make a hunting dog then it will make a good hunting dog. The dog is free to a good home and comes with papers. I'm hoping to find a good home for him and not put him in the hands of a dog jockey trying to profit on him. Myself or my buddy can meet anywhere within an hour of Pittsburgh PA.

A couple more things about him. He has been in the house with a female German Shepard since my buddy got him, she was already full grown when my buddy brought him home. He is very playful with the Shepard and they get along well. My buddy does not have little kids, but his daughter is college age and he gets along fine with her as well as my buddies new girlfriend. He isn't snippy or shy, he's very loveable, soft, and social. I wouldn't imagine him being bad with kids.

Even more information. We are willing to ship him at your expense. Here is the phone number for the dog hauler that my buddy has used in the past. You can contact her to get pricing. Her number is 586-966-0107

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
great looking liver and white....hope you find him
a great hunting home...
I just forwarded this to a friend in the Butler area
That dog needs a home with a hunter who knows how to work a bird dog. Good luck getting him a loving, working home.
I also forwarded this to a friend with a lot of gun dog connections in the area.
nice looking hound
Tag

donsm70
He won't last long, someone will claim him. Too BAd about his owners situation. That has to major suck
This dog need a home. Wish location was closer, sigh...
Looks like mine. Great dog!
Even more information. We are willing to ship him at your expense. Here is the phone number for the dog hauler that my buddy has used in the past. You can contact her to get pricing. Her number is 586-966-0107
he would be mine if i was 20 years younger and there were some birds in the area...good luck finding a good home for him
I'm in the Pittsburgh area and know someone interested in providing a good home.

PM on the way.

I'll take him 😊
Good for you JAT.....I was seriously considering pulling the proverbial trigger on this pup
Good deal.
I had pointers for over 20 years. He is a nice looking dog.
Good for you JAT. Was thinking of having to make a trip to the 'burgh soon. Oldest son would've like him, I'm sure. Not so sure my BMC would though.
Originally Posted by JAT
I'm in the Pittsburgh area and know someone interested in providing a good home.

PM on the way.

I'll take him 😊

You saved me a trip from NV to PA. wink
The dog is gone, JAT followed through this weekend and picked him up.
I would come pick him up if my male wasn't such an [bleep] to other dogs.
© 24hourcampfire