Home
Posted By: Lonny Portable Shooting Bench Brackets - 01/06/20
I have several sets of leg brackets for sale to build your own shooting bench. A "set" is 3 brackets.

Brackets have 7/16" holes in corners of the 5" x 5" plate for bolting to your bench top.

The brackets accept 1.25" NPT threaded pipe. You can design the size and shape of your bench however you want and orientate the legs in any direction that you prefer.

Any place that sells pipe could get you material for legs. I'm told, Lowe's will thread it for free, if you buy pipe there. I know Home Depot carries 1.25" pipe also.

A set of 3 brackets is $50 shipped USPS Priority. Paypal, MO, or check all work. Paypal is the fastest.

PM me if interested or have questions.

Thanks!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lonny,

I'll take a set. I have been looking for these for a while. PM incoming

Thanks,

onerifle
What do you use for a stool to sit on?
Thanks,
Todd
Thanks onerifle!

toddhandy, I typically use a fold up camp chair or a 5 gallon bucket. Anything about that height will work.
These brackets are awesome. Lonny is a great guy to deal with.
I use a music stool, it’s adjustable for height so it works for everyone. I picked it up at Goodwill ($5)
These brackets are great! I don't think I've ever seen such a solid, portable bench. Lonny is a great guy to deal with.
Lonny does awesome work and is a fine guy to deal with. Met him in person, super guy, great product!

Thanks again!

These portable tables are the cats azz for any type shooting.....

Built mine 20+ yrs ago.......1000's of p/dogs have been taken....good solid platform

Just be sure to use PVC caps on the leg bottoms...umbrella works well too.......

Leg length ? 29"-31" will work well

$50 shipped for these brackets is a steal....free bump !!!!!!!

Very Nice! I looked for those when I built my bench-couldn't find them anywhere. Ended up using some heavy duty folding legs but they're not as steady as these would be. Good price. These would make an awesome take down shooting bench. Very nice welds BTW
WeimGuy, longshot3, and GF1 (Blair), Thank you for the kind words! Really appreciate it.

GF1(Blair), Hope to see you again next spring, if your out this way.

Tikkanut- Great pic and thanks for the bump!

frenchy51, Thanks for the compliments. it is tough to beat the 3 pipe legs on uneven ground for stability.
BTT.

Can sell 4 brackets also for those who want 4 legs. $65 shipped for 4.
Lonny, sent you a pm.

tikkanut, what size is the top on your table. Looks about perfect. Thanks,,,
ordered my second set, these are great. Home Depot will cut and thread the pipe for you.

I’ll take a set, PM coming.
I'm ordering another set. Pm incoming!
Originally Posted by Sendero
Lonny, sent you a pm.

tikkanut, what size is the top on your table. Looks about perfect. Thanks,,,

what ya need.......3/4" plywood......for example......Home Depot will rip in half..2' wide (enough for 2 tables)

My table tops measure 2' wide x 36-38" long.....longer if you prefer...glue & screw two pcs together (1 1/2" thick)

Right or left shooter cut out......or both....I leave legs attached & thrown in back of pick up...

Too funny..years ago......had 2 pair of Golden Eagles get to know the sight & sound of my Tacoma truck.... grin

They'd follow me and wait till the shootin' started.......free lunch for all......

I still have a couple sets left if anybody is wanting some?

Thanks ned and tikkanut for posting pics! And thanks ned for letting me know Home Depot also threads the pipe legs

Shoot me a PM if you need some brackets.

Thanks Gentlemen
I’ll take a set of 3
I have been looking for something like these. I will take a set if there are any left
I will take a set if you have any left.
I will also take a set of 3 if any are left. Thanks.
Great set up. High quality weld job.
I am just waiting for the weather to warm up before I take it out for mid-range shooting here in SE Michigan. Pics then

FYI: Lowe’s cut the pipes and threaded it for free (as others have stated)
I still have some on hand, if anybody is interested. I also include a basic blueprint of the bench top dimensions and leg lengths when I ship the brackets. If you would like 4 brackets, they are $65 shipped. 3 brackets are $50 shipped.

Blong, PM sent.

duff645- Thanks you for the compliment and looking forward to seeing the bench pics! Good to know Lowe's still does the threading when you buy pipe

If anyone has questions, send me a PM.

Thanks to all!
BTT for a Great set of brackets.
Lonny would you mind PM’ing me the bench top dimensions?
I haven’t built mine yet.
I can tell you that Lonny's brackets are the best you can find. I bought several sets. Bench's are solid, will buy more.

thanks Lonny!

Keith
Thanks BKS, you have a PM with a blueprint.

Thank you Keith. I appreciate the feedback and glad to hear your benches are turning out great.
Hey guys I'm looking at buying two sets of these for my new place. My question is what are your thoughts on 4 leg vs 3 leg benches? I know 3 legs are better for uneven ground but are there any other things I should consider before buying my sets?

Thanks,

Mark
very nice looking product Sir, I will order a set soon
Hey Lonny,

I will take a set. Please PM the details.

Many Thanks,
Originally Posted by mnimrod45
Hey guys I'm looking at buying two sets of these for my new place. My question is what are your thoughts on 4 leg vs 3 leg benches? I know 3 legs are better for uneven ground but are there any other things I should consider before buying my sets?

Thanks,

Mark

The three legger I built with these brackets is rock solid (pic above). See no need for a fourth.

ned
mnimrod45- Shoot me a PM if you need any brackets. Thanks.

Canjun Blake-Thank you for the compliment.

AlaRedleg-PM sent.

ned-glad to hear you bench is working out well!
Not sure if you have more but I’d like a set. Please let me know and thanks

Rick
I want a set of 4 PM sent
I still have some of the brackets on hand if anybody is needing a set.

Same info as original posting... $50 shipped for a set of 3. 4 for $65 shipped. Shipped USPS Priority. Paypal, MO, check, it all works. I include a basic blueprint of bench dimensions and leg lengths with the brackets.

PM me if you need any or have questions.

Thanks guys!

I luv you avaiator pic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kill one fo rme
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I luv you avaiator pic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kill one fo rme

Thanks! Your pics put mine to shame though. I love that Utah landscape.

Actually, just got a coyote this AM. A coyote a day always makes it a good day. smile

free bump

everyone should have a shootin' table

my well worn 20+ YO table

BTT.

Thanks for the bump tikkanut.
I would like a set of 3 please if still available? thanks
Do you have any available?
You won't find a nicer guy than Lonny. Absolutely trustworthy and very conscientious about his work.
I'd like a set. PM sent.
Offshoreman, Thank you very much!

mckinight, NVhntr, and farmingbuddy, PM's sent and replied to.
Tag.....
I want a set too, PM sent!
Lonny, if available ill take 2 sets of 3 and 1 set of 4 for a total of 10 brackets
Originally Posted by Lonny
I have several sets of leg brackets for sale to build your own shooting bench. A "set" is 3 brackets.

Brackets have 7/16" holes in corners of the 5" x 5" plate for bolting to your bench top.

The brackets accept 1.25" NPT threaded pipe. You can design the size and shape of your bench however you want and orientate the legs in any direction that you prefer.

Any place that sells pipe could get you material for legs. I'm told, Lowe's will thread it for free, if you buy pipe there. I know Home Depot carries 1.25" pipe also.

A set of 3 brackets is $50 shipped USPS Priority. Paypal, MO, or check all work. Paypal is the fastest.

PM me if interested or have questions.

Thanks!

Look real good Lonny. I was thinking about making some of these and selling them on ebay. Do you sell these on ebay as well? Would only take me about 15 minutes to make a set of these and I know guys are always looking for ways to simplify making a good portable bench.
I would like 3 sets please.
I will take a set please
PM sent
PM sent requesting a set of 3 also when available. Thanks!
Lonny...I'd like a set also. PM on the way.
Got my brackets a couple of days ago but didn't open the box until this afternoon.
Awesome quality on the fabrication, and fast shipping.

Lonny's the real deal if you need a shooting bench
Lonny, I want set of 3 brackets..PM you for payment info.

Thanks.
Snake Oil
Originally Posted by WeimGuy
These brackets are awesome. Lonny is a great guy to deal with.
I use a music stool, it’s adjustable for height so it works for everyone. I picked it up at Goodwill ($5)

Gibraltar drum throne is about perfect. Google it.

DF
Quick shipping and nice looking product buy with confidence guys...
thanks Lonnie
Lonny,
I'll take a set of 3. Sending a PM now.
Thanks,
Rex
Once again, I’ll give Lonny two thumbs up for these. Bought mine last year and they are perfect.

Lonny, sorry to miss you this year as our Jack O’Connor Center throw-down is cancelled this year. Maybe next year. Keep up the good work.

Blair
Thanks for the kind words Gentlemen. It is appreciated.

PM's sent or responded to. PM-ing me is the best way to contact as stuff in the classifieds gets buried pages deep quickly.

GF1/Blair- Sorry to hear the JOC get-together has been cancelled. It isn't surprising though considering just about everything where people travel and congregate has been cancelled. Well, hopefully you can slay some p-dogs this summer!
...Without question, these brackets are first rate. Not only do you receive the brackets, you also receive an enclosed instruction sheet. (For us novices).
Good guy to deal with also.
Anyone made light weight legs? The cast iron legs are heavy.

How about adjustable?

Lonny, PM in coming.
I received the brackets. Thanks Lonny!
Got my brackets this morning. Very nicely packaged and a very clever design, well executed. The welds are perfect and I expect them to out last me! Lonny is an outstanding man to do business with and wouldn't hesitate to order anything from him. Thanks much, may you live long and prosper... grin
Would like to order your brackets.
PM sent For two sets.
Thanks gman and Mcknight.

PM returned BamBam.

RodA- PMing you doesn't work. Not sure why? Try PM-ing me.
Lonny I have tried to PMing you and I couldn’t. I would like to order your 3 bracket set
RodA email me. lonnylisa"at"outlook.com

Not sure what the problem is with the PM thing? It says you're "over their private topic limit" Whatever that means?
tag
These brackets make for great shooting benches. Wish y'all the best with making your new bench. 3 legs is all you need. I have one, made a few for gifts.Never had a complaint.

Take care
I agree. My bench made with lonnys brackets is the envy of all my shooting friends.
Thanks Weimguy and Hammerdown for the kind words!

PM's returned and sent. Thanks!
PM inbound for two (2) sets of three brackets. Thanks
Gents who have made them...
I received my brackets and have a question. Do you guys find the 32” recommended leg height is right about where one needs to be for the optimal shooting height?
I’m 6’1” for reference..just wondering if anybody has played with the leg length before I go ahead and cut
Thanks and for those on the fence the brackets and shipping was all top notch
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Gents who have made them...
I received my brackets and have a question. Do you guys find the 32” recommended leg height is right about where one needs to be for the optimal shooting height?
I’m 6’1” for reference..just wondering if anybody has played with the leg length before I go ahead and cut
Thanks and for those on the fence the brackets and shipping was all top notch

This might depend on what you may use for a seat/stool, when you are seated and ready to shoot off your bench.
Yes that’s true HD... I’m trying to think what’s the most comfortable seat option for extended shooting sessions as well..
A 5 gallon bucket with one of those spinning upholstered tops is what we found very workable.

I have also used a stand up model, ambidextrous coupled with a Hoppe's swivel gun holder. Very nice, spotting with the gun scope instead of binoculars. Use larger diameter tubing because of the longer legs.

We used pipe flanges on a hardwood block sawed at an angle. Your brackets are a step forward.

FWIW, you can get IMC electrical tubing which is threaded, and much lighter than rigid iron pipe. My next bench project will use it.

HM
I would like a set of 3 brackets. PM to follow.
PM sent for a set Lonny
Hi Lonny, I'm a new member. A friend saw your leg brackets for sale and knew I needed some to finish my bench. Are you still selling them? If so, I need 4 if possible. I can be reached at [email protected] Thanks Derrick
PM inbound for one set, if available.
anyone whos made a bench have a good simple benchtop drawing-diagram-pattern they want to share?
👌Well, I ordered a set of Lonny's brackets not knowing exactly what I was getting. They came in today. On opening the box I found my items professionally packed. Right down to the cardboard spacer between the the two front supports that were bolted together. Protected the finish perfectly. He even made it dummy proof ( for me ) by marking nice words like "front" on the bases. Beautiful paint job. And to top it off butter smooth welding. I had looked at various places for something similar. Nothing even comes close. And for a paltry $50...... I couldn't be more pleased.
Now if I can just talk my son working son into cutting out the table top....
Thanks Lonny for the outstanding parts!!!.
I’d like a set if available PM inbound.
Lonny, I received the shooting table leg brackets yesterday. They are very professionally made and I thank you very much for making me a set.
I'll take a set of three.
Thanks for the quick delivery.
PM Sent
Bought two sets. Received. Quality stuff!
I I would like to purchase a set of 3 please. PM me on address and such. thanks
I love those brackets. I am a new member, so I can not PM you but I would like to purchase a set of 3. Please send me a message so I can order a set. Thanks
Thanks all!

BillyBla, I can't PM you, but you can reach me at lonnylisa"at"outlook.com

farmingbuddy- PM sent

Thanks.

Lonny
Good deal Lonny! Message sent from my Gmail account. Thanks
I will take a set of 3 brackets. Emailing you now. Thanks.
Received mine today. Professionally made and professionally packaged with schematics for bench tops and lessons learned.

Looking forward to building this weekend!

Thanks Lonny.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
They arrived yesterday and look great!
Thank you JWL3 and RDW for buying!

I appreciate the kind words guys.

Thanks for posting the pic JWL3. Good to see the brackets put to work

Good shooting!
I got a set too. Great product, workmanship and service. The plans and instructions were a nice bonus.

Thanks, Lonnie.

Paul
Glad to do it. Thank you Paul
PM sent to you Lonny...
WOW! I cannot say enough good things about these brackets. Sent Lonny a PM on the 26th (Friday). Lonny responded on the 27th (Saturday). I sent Lonny the $$ via PP right away. Lonny immediately sent me a Tracking #. I just received the brackets today the 30th (Tuesday), which traveled from Idaho to New York State! The Communication, the Quality of the Brackets and the entire transaction was second to none! The best $50.00 I have spent all year..... Thank you Lonny!
Tag
I bought some and they are very high quality. I just finished my table and could not be happier. Buy with confidence for sure.
Lonny,
Due to being brand new here, I can't PM you, but I just sent an email your way.
Thanks, LWSS454 (B).
Thank you rpl10 and jmp300wsm for the compliments. They are appreciated.

Lone Wolf, Email returned.
Tag
Well I finally got some time to put my bench together with the brackets from Lonny..... Bump for a great product from a great Guy.

If anybody is needing a set, feel free to contact me anytime.

Price is still the same; set of 3 is $50 shipped. Set of 4 is $65 shipped.

Payment can be Paypal, check, MO. It all works for me.

Thanks for buying and posting pics of the benches being built!
Look great!

Not Lonny's

but my table here been using for 20+ years

Prob kilt a million p/dogs over it

good solid portable table great for varmints or just shooting

You like shootin ?

Build UR self a table !

Just got in a set of Lonny's brackets, and am very pleased with the quality. Definitely looking forward to putting a bench together with them. Just wanted to give a good product and a good guy a bump.
I can vouch for these brackets, made a few benches with them .

Thank you Crimson Tide!

Wow Daniel, those benches are fantastic! the finish looks perfect!

They are going to make somebody a very nice Christmas present. Thank your son and and his buddy for their service from me!
@saintdaniel please point me to whatever threads you have on your garage build cool
Ps sweet benches
I want to do one with 2'' butcher block,those ones are 1'' Baltic birch heavy enough for a portable. 2'' will be one heavy sob, Gies sent you a pm.
Lonnie,

Just sent you a PM. I would like to get a set of these
Pm sent Lonny
PM's returned.

Thank you!
TTT > yes i built one of these benches too with Lonny`s brackets ,excellent portable bench ! thanks again Lonny ,Pete53
Just bought my second set from Lonnie.
None finer.
Now I'll have benches for all the family since half of them are left handed......
I'm really interesting in buying a set of these. Has anyone tried threading some schedule 80 PVC pipe and using it to reduce weight?
I just remove the legs.......
Originally Posted by John_Boy
I just remove the legs.......

Yes, I get that, but just thought it'd make it a bit more portable.
Thank you pete53 and John Boy. I appreciate your kind words and glad things worked out for building your benches.
Hello, Still have any of these left? I would like a set myself. Thanks
Pm sent.
PM sent
Thanks Lonny received my brackets today and I couldn’t be happier what a great quality product
Thanks again
John
PM sent.
If anybody is needing a set of brackets feel free to PM me anytime. I have some on hand right now.

Price is still $50 shipped. Paypal, MO, check, it all works for me.

Thanks guys.
These things work awesome
Tag
Bought a set of these the other day, Lonny delivered them to my house.! Super nice guy and outstanding product.!
These look great, just what I need. PM sent
Looking to get a set of these. I'm new to the forum and it won't let me PM you. Let me know how i can get it touch to order a set.
I received my brackets in the mail today. They even came with the drawing for the shooting bench!!! Thanks Again Lonny
Thanks guys for contacting me and getting some brackets.

I have a couple sets on hand right now if anybody is needing them. Shoot me a PM for details or email; lonnylisa@outlookdotcom Just put a period in place of the "dot"

Thanks
Thanks Lonny for the great leg brackets!
Potential buyers; you're unlikely to find another source who can accurately produce these at this price. If you want the correct angles, clocked in the proper directions, Lonny is the guy who gets them done right the first time. This comes from a former metal-worker/welder.
[Linked Image]

Attached picture Completed Bench 2020_001.jpg
Thank you very much LoneWolf. That is an absolutely beautiful bench by-the-way! Well done and thanks for sharing the picture of your craftsmanship.
Thank you sir. The image doesn't show that the bench was my first real (serious) wood working project, 1st router use, etc. But it did turn out better than I expected.
Lonny do you ship to Hawaii? Been wanting to order a set of these for a while now. Lmk, thanks!
Lonny I would like a set of 4 but will take 3 if that is all you have around. I can shoot a payment PayPal as soon as you let me know.

I have been searching far and wide and cannot find anything like these. These angled flanges make all the difference in the world. I have seen a couple of guys with their own machine shops make some not even close to as nice as these.

Lonny,

Brackets look great and a lot of satisfied shooters agree.

I could use 4 ....building a "U" shaped bench.

Best,

Chuck
Thanks guys!

I usually have some brackets on hand and can always make a set. Just PM or email. lonnylisa "at" outlook.com
"Thanks Lonny for the great leg brackets!
Potential buyers; you're unlikely to find another source who can accurately produce these at this price. If you want the correct angles, clocked in the proper directions, Lonny is the guy who gets them done right the first time. This comes from a former metal-worker/welder."

Absolutely correct!!! I built tables for my nephews and brothers, 5 sets total! I went to a donation place for building materials called Habitat for Humanity and got Solid Core doors, made two tables per door, 300 lb Buffalo Heffers could lap dance on them!

I prefer the 4 legged versions.

Great Job Lonny, and thank you!
I finally found a problem with Lonny's brackets - every time I go shooting with somebody new, it cost me fifty bucks for another set of brackets. If you're on the fence about buying, don't be, the brackets are nothing but quality.
I just got mine and thanks Lonny. These are really superior to everything else I have seen out of the custom production shops. Perfect welds on them and a great prep on the black paint/coating. It is very durable.
I finished my shooting bench Lonny. I didn't like the carriage bolts others were using so I countersunk 2.5" grade 5 bolts and washers into the top of the wood. I then filled in with that wood bondo Minwax calls High Performance Wood Filler. The stuff is like rock once hardened. I really struggled with a stain or paint etc that looked good but plywood simply sucks for that. I went ahead and left it plain sealed with poly. I cannot believe how strong and stable this is. I could jump up and down on it. I worked the pipe threads and managed to get it to where I could it screwed in 8 threads or a little over 2/3 of the one inch threads on the pipe.
[img][img]https://imgur.com/a/SMRs68S[/img][/img]
I remember I approached Lonny quite a few years ago now for brackets because I saw them in a photo he posted. Glad to see this still going strong. Hope all is well Lonny.
870, the bench looks great! Filler is a nice touch for sure.

GG (Matt), yep still alive and kickin' here. I hope all is well your way too.
PM coming your way.
How do I obtain set of brackets? 6926
Originally Posted by 6926

"email. lonnylisa "at" outlook.com" or PM Lonny here.
Thank you LoneWolfSS4
YW, glad to help.
Hi Lonny, I'm unable to PM because I'm a new member. I would like to purchase a set of brackets. How do I go about it?
Originally Posted by LoneWolfSS454
Originally Posted by 6926

"email. lonnylisa "at" outlook.com" or PM Lonny here.

Thanks Lone Wolf!

Just use the email above.
Lonny, Do you still make the leg brackets?
Buy with confidence, I love mine.
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Buy with confidence, I love mine.

+1... Same here.
Thank you Whitebird and StGeorger. It is appreciated.

willic- Message sent.

anyone that does any amount of shooting needs a portable table

Been using this one for 20+ years...

pic 2......had 2 pair of Golden Eagles that would see/hear my Tacoma

They would follow me in when the shooting started for free breakfast

Free Lonny bump !

I have 4 sets of Lonny's table brackets, they are very HIGH quality to say the least, and I don't think you can beat his price with the fantastic service that goes along with! Thank You Lonny!

We set up ground blinds, coated the table tops in fiberglass, leave them in the blind for the hunting season duration on the power line shooting lanes.
Just got the brackets I ordered from Lonny. All I can say is they are an amazing product for a steal of a deal. A couple different sets of plans and some helpful hints were included. If you’re on the fence about these you really need to buy them.
Hi everyone!

I have only found this forum a short time ago after a hunt in Wyoming and have been just reading and researching since then. While In Wyoming one of the other guys I was with had a bench with very similar brackets on them and I am very interested in making one for myself. This is my first post and I know I can’t private message Lonny for a set, but I would like to order if there’s a way I can contact him or if he could contact me somehow. This place is a wealth of knowledge and I am happy I found it! Thanks for all the knowledgeable folks on here that contribute. Knowledge is power, and you should never stop learning! Thank you!
Originally Posted by Jclink
Hi everyone!

I have only found this forum a short time ago after a hunt in Wyoming and have been just reading and researching since then. While In Wyoming one of the other guys I was with had a bench with very similar brackets on them and I am very interested in making one for myself. This is my first post and I know I can’t private message Lonny for a set, but I would like to order if there’s a way I can contact him or if he could contact me somehow. This place is a wealth of knowledge and I am happy I found it! Thanks for all the knowledgeable folks on here that contribute. Knowledge is power, and you should never stop learning! Thank you!

His email address is in this thread. Thanks for the post I’ve been meaning to order a set. Sent you a PM Lonny.
tag nice set
Thanks "Lower River" Brad. Much appreciated.

Jclink- reach me at- lonnylisa"at"outlook.com

Grumman- pm sent.

Bump
Thanks for the help everyone I reached out by email!
I would like to buy a set please.
Add me to the list of happy customers. Got them super quick and they look great.
Me too got them within a weeks time and they are top notch! Great packaging and the brackets and instructions sent with them are top grade quality! I ordered an additional set to make one for my dad! Thank you!!
Anybody out in the Washington area need a good shooting bench?

Text me a number for pictures.
Four two five 417 three five eight two.
Anybody out in the Washington area need a good shooting bench?

Text me a number for pictures.
Four two five 417 three five eight two.
Id like to buy two set of four brackets, will pay for shipping. Please PM me. Thanks.
Scott, try reaching me at; lonnylisa"at"outlook.com Just replace the at with @.

I can't PM you due to low post count.
Sent PM requesting 3 sets

Millerish
I made an account just to say I want a set of 3 of these. I have been looking for something like this for weeks. I sent an email. They look really nice
I emailed [email protected] but thought I'd post too. New members can't PM so I emailed. I'm interested in a set of shooting bench brackets. Thanks!

Jon
Email responded to Jon. Thanks for contacting me and welcome to the 24 Hour Campfire!

To anyone interested. I still have brackets for sale and on hand. Even if I happen to be out, I can usually make up some within a week or so. So for anybody interested, feel free to contact me anytime through PM here or send email to. [email protected]

I recently did decide to raise the price to $55 shipped, for a set of 3, due to the shipping costs and materials rising over the past few years. I'll will also sell sets of 4 shipped for $70.

Thanks and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Have a great 2022!

still a bargain for the quality and craftsmanship
These are the nuts, love my table I built using these!
Thanks JWL and Switch. Much appreciated.
I love my table built with his brackets. It's a rock solid setup!

Thanks longshot. Very nice rifle by-the way!
I want one also pm sent😀
Not only a shooting bench, but a 3 legged stable table is good for a lot of uses on rough ground. I don't know how I missed this thread for so long. As a life long welder/fabricator, at Lonny's price I wouldn't spend the time to make my own if the materials were free.

Also... I suspect the brackets would work very well for a 3 legged shooting stool
Or maybe Lonny has a similar idea?

PM inbound
tag
Hi Lonny. Will take a set of 3 legs. My email is [email protected]
Can reach me by phone at 218-240-1606. Will use money order so need your address.
Kenny Williams
708 14th Ave NE
Rochester,MN 55906
I bought two sets. They work well.
I would like a set of three, these look perfect for what I want
I am a new member and unable to pm. I would like a set of 3 and sent you an email.
Thanks
Brackets ordered, a few questions

1. Looks like 32" is preferred length for legs.
2. What pitch thread is needed? Will I need to tell Lowes or H.D. guy who cuts it?
3. What does "NPT" pipe stand for?
4. Anyone use the IMC Electrical Tubing for legs?

Sorry, I'm engineering challenged.
Buzzaw,
1. 32" is good for most but it boils down to the stool or chair seat height used.
(I use a pneumatic adjustable office chair & 32" legs)
2. No pitch to speak of, see #3 (ask for NPT).
3. NPT is National Pipe Thread, a tapered thread used with all related pipes and fittings. These get tighter as they're screwed together, never bottoming out (unless way over torqued or cut wrong), but they do get tight.
4. You really want threaded (NPT) Steel Pipes for the legs, both because you need the threads to match the pipe couplings Lonny uses (they have NPT Threads) and for their strength + weight (more weight down low helps with stability).
Thanks Lone Wolfe GREAT help sir !!!
YW Sir.

Edit:
Buzzaw, if you missed it earlier in this thread, the pipe size you want is 1.25 inch (1 & 1/4"). Normally H.D. carries it in both "black" and galvanized steel. I opted for the rust resistant galvanized. I forget the length I got but it was threaded on both ends, and it was long enough to be cut into three 32" pieces (I may have gone with 31 inches?). They did have to cut 1 & 1/4" NPT Threads on 4 ends.
Ordered a set of 3 earlier this week and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I’ll pick up some plywood at Lowes this weekend. I hope they’ll have the pipe and will thread it.
Hello Lonny. I’d like a set of your leg mounts please. Just joined to contact you so can’t pm you yet. Could you contact me with the info I need to purchase a set from you? Thank you
I received my brackets last week and they are really nice. The welds are perfect, great product.

Like most have done, I glued and screwed together 2 pieces of 3/4” plywood and sawed out my pattern similar to the plan that came with the brackets. The bench turned out really well.

The top is very solid and has no flex at all as far as I can tell. There is no movement at all, front to back but one thing that I have noticed is that I have a slight side to side movement at the rear of the bench.
I double checked the bolts and legs to be sure they were all tight but still have slight movement. The movement is noticeable with the rifle shouldered and on target. I’m using both front and rear bags and don’t have this problem with my permanent bench.

I assume the movement is from having only one leg in the rear and may have to add another leg to the rear to stabilize it.

Anyone else have this movement issue?

My old rifle club used three legged shooting benches with out any side to side movement. The benches were set for both right and left handed shooters, possibly the extra weight helped
Got my table and stool brackets today. Excellently done.

Thank you Lonny
What type and Length bolts are you using to mount the brackets?

Are you using a washer between the bolt and bottom of table?

Looks like the bench will be 3" Thick when finished.

My guy who is building this is a super good wood working guy. He suggested Titebond Glue and finish with many coats of Teak Oil

Any other suggestions before I head to Home Depot ??

Just like all on here say, the brackets are amazing, packaging was amazing, shipping was very timely with great communication by Lonny. I HIGHLY suggest you get a set if you need a bench.
Originally Posted by johnw
Got my table and stool brackets today. Excellently done.

Thank you Lonny

Stool brackets?? Same as the bench brackets? Share please!

Pm sent to Lonny on the bench brackets this morning
Ordered 2 sets from Lonny
Really nice and packaged very well
Jeff
Lonny,

I’ve been searching for these. I joined this forum just to buy these. I would like to purchase these right away.

I noticed in your photos the bolt pattern on the table are parallel to the edges, is there a left, right and one perpendicular?

Being a new member, I’m unable to PM anyone. Can you please send a link to [email protected]?

Best Regards,
Mel56

If given a choice between right and kind, choose kind.
Sent.
I am in the same boat as Mel56. I'm interested in a set of these but I'm unable to send a PM. Can you email [email protected]?
Thank you,
Erik_72

edit: I found your email a page or two back. I'll send you an email, Lonny.
Sir, I would take a set.
Highly recommend

If these are still available I'd love a set! For some reason the site won't let me private message. Mike
I have pretty much the same table except for attaching the leggs. Top is 1 1/8" car decking. 1 1/4" steel pipe legs and pipe flanges to hold on to the leggs, Just screw them in.

[Linked Image]

The wedges to fit the flanges to are 3/4" hardwood glued and screwed to the underside of the table and wide as the flanges are round. I'd probably have liked the welded leggs but I don't weld so good! Like the finish on that table. Cardecking is alright but a bit ruff!

[Linked Image]
I will take two sets, if they are still available. PM following.
Lonny I could use a set of those brackets myself.
I cannot pm you yet
Any idea if you can ship up to Canada??
Nice set of brackets went with 4.
What has everyone gone with for leg height.
I've seen 32" mentioned but that's it.
I went with 3. I'm 6' tall
Originally Posted by Larebow
What has everyone gone with for leg height.
I've seen 32" mentioned but that's it.
You'll find many use between 30 and 32 inches. In my opinion it depends. How tall you are, how long your legs are, how high your rest - bags - tripod put the rifle/scope, how long your neck is, what's comfortable for your head & neck, what chair/stool seat height, etc. I suggest you simulate a bench with a table top height close to 32 inches in total, pull your intended chair/stool up, have your rest & rifle in place (or test several combinations if applicable), to determine what will work best for you. I'm using a height adjustable pneumatic-strut office style chair so I can change rests/rifles, scope heights, and still be comfortable. And, yes, trying to figure out an angled leg length isn't easy! At about 5' 9" I went with 30.5 inch legs, figuring I can raise or lower my chair as needed, which has worked out perfectly.
Been using this one for probably 25 yrs

Kilt a ton of p/dogs off the top

As in this day with the 222 mag Shilen barrel on a s/shot Salvage action

Free bump for Lonny

Lonny, are these brackets still available?
Guys, this a great product from one of the good guys that you can use not only for a super permanent or portable shooting bench but also for any kind of heavy duty table. The only limit to what you can build with these brackets is your own imagination.
PM sent
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Guys, this a great product from one of the good guys

+1. Lonny is tops.
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Guys, this a great product from one of the good guys

+1. Lonny is tops.

I'll second that!!
Morning gentlemen, being a new member, I’m not able to send PM, is there a link or contact to send, to purchase a bracket set?
Same. Would like to order brackets. Have something very similar from 30+ yrs ago. That company is no longer in business.
Lonny,

Can you make me a set of bench legs? I'd love to have a set. Kindly email me at [email protected]!
Will do Kenny. email incoming.

Thank you.
The price is for a set of 3 brackets is now $55, shipped, because this thread is several years old. A set of 4 is $70, shipped. PM for more info, if you have questions or need a set.

Thanks guys.
Up.

Thanks!
If your needing a set, feel free to contact.

Thanks,
I don’t see where he’s making any money on making these brackets, buying the materials, drilling the hole cutting the threaded collar in a angle and welding them to the plates and painting them, he’s just doing them for us sportsmen/shooters great guy 👍
Up.

Thanks again DC.
Originally Posted by dodgecummins
I don’t see where he’s making any money on making these brackets, buying the materials, drilling the hole cutting the threaded collar in a angle and welding them to the plates and painting them, he’s just doing them for us sportsmen/shooters great guy 👍

Great gentleman, indeed. Great product too.
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by dodgecummins

Great gentleman, indeed. Great product too.

Exactly what they said!
I'll take a set. sending you a PM
Originally Posted by Solheim
I'll take a set. sending you a PM

Ditto
© 24hourcampfire