Home
will be used in coastal Alaska salt water /rain forest deltas for waterfowl.
I have a Superposed Lightning and a trim double twenty.

I will be using TSS .

The double guns will stay in America.
The Weatherby imports seem like they would work. Chrome plated innards seems wise.

Anyone using 20s/TSS in harsh conditions?
Haven't used it in salt but I have used Winchester Super X shotguns in the worst the Great Lakes could throw at it and MO mud etc.

I'd probably start there were it me - like Yamaha, I'll keep using and recommending them till they fail me.
The above recommendation on the Winchester is likens good one. My boy has Remington 1187 in 20 gauge that has performed very well. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.
Benelli... Or maybe Beretta.
Benelli with BEST coating
Nickel steel....which means something other than a Semi Auto. Alaska tough....
Another vote for a Benelli with BEST coating.

https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/super-black-eagle-3-best-shotguns?eid=223
SBE 3 BEST...Hey,Boy! That checks all the boxes...25 year warranty. Had a 12 SBE a while back great gun...just not a proper plains shotgun for a Tweedy Gentleman such as myself. For Mud sports the BEST finish seems worth it.
Originally Posted by Uncas
will be used in coastal Alaska ........

The double guns will stay in America.

Standby for a bulletin from 1959.....

sorry had to do it.
I'd look hard at the Winchester SX4. Everything you need and nothing you don't. I don't duck hunt anymore but would have no qualms about using one on the saltwater rivers and bays I have hunted in the past.
Never looked at Tri Star autos but they show a chrome lined bore, on a beater that is interesting.
Never looked at Tri Star autos but they show a chrome lined bore, on a beater that is interesting.

I've got a couple viper G2's and a TT-15; good guns but not sure how they'd do against salt water ..
20 gauge Viper G2 here I bought as a Turkish experiment of sorts. It came with a lifetime warranty from Buds, if they can’t fix it (after the Tristar 5 year warranty is up), they’ll allow the purchase price against anything they carry. It’s not my number 1 shotgun, not even my number 5 or 8 shotgun, so if it goes down It’s not a big deal to me.

I like it.

It did break the main recoil spring after 500? Rounds. It still functioned fine. They had me a new spring in hand in 2 days. Foreshadowing if future problems? Maybe?

The trigger is terrible. 7.5 lbs or more. I put the mcarbo spring in that everybody raves about. Dropped it to 7 lbs. still heavier than gun weight. I’ll do some polishing someday.

I like it enough I’ll likely buy a 28 gauge in the future.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
SBE 3 BEST...Hey,Boy! That checks all the boxes...25 year warranty. Had a 12 SBE a while back great gun...just not a proper plains shotgun for a Tweedy Gentleman such as myself. For Mud sports the BEST finish seems worth it.

My 20 GA sbe III 20 GA has shot over 400 duck loads and 20 pheasant loads this past season. If the BEST is required, I wouldn't hesitate.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
20 gauge Viper G2 here I bought as a Turkish experiment of sorts. It came with a lifetime warranty from Buds, if they can’t fix it (after the Tristar 5 year warranty is up), they’ll allow the purchase price against anything they carry. It’s not my number 1 shotgun, not even my number 5 or 8 shotgun, so if it goes down It’s not a big deal to me.

I like it.

It did break the main recoil spring after 500? Rounds. It still functioned fine. They had me a new spring in hand in 2 days. Foreshadowing if future problems? Maybe?

The trigger is terrible. 7.5 lbs or more. I put the mcarbo spring in that everybody raves about. Dropped it to 7 lbs. still heavier than gun weight. I’ll do some polishing someday.

I like it enough I’ll likely buy a 28 gauge in the future.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
not to get a thread hijack started but I have that exact same on series gun in a 28gauge
. Haven't shot a lot but it has been totally flawless with Winchester double A's 3/4 Oz and 1300
Once again not to hijack but a buddy of mine bought the TriStar in a 16 ga. and he really likes it.
© 24hourcampfire