Home
Posted By: Raj Charles Daly O/U?. - 04/07/07
Hi,has anyone any experience/knowledge regarding the Charles Daly over and under shotguns?.Appreciate your input,thank you.
Posted By: bucktales Re: Charles Daly O/U?. - 04/07/07
I bought an older 20 ga. for my wife a few years ago. Made by Miroku and identical to the Miroku made Browning Citori, 26 in. barrels,skeet/skeet, shoots and handles as good as it looks.
Posted By: Raj Re: Charles Daly O/U?. - 04/08/07
Thanks,Bucktales,one made by Miroku must be fine, as I have heard good things about the Citori.This one I saw is in 12 ga, and was told that it was made by a spanish company.Any info about a spanish company making shotguns for Charles Daly?.
Posted By: weagle Re: Charles Daly O/U?. - 04/08/07
Originally Posted by Raj
Thanks,Bucktales,one made by Miroku must be fine, as I have heard good things about the Citori.This one I saw is in 12 ga, and was told that it was made by a spanish company.Any info about a spanish company making shotguns for Charles Daly?.

You have to be careful when buying Charles Daly firearms. They are of course an importer rather than a manufacturer, and their stuff ranges from excellent to pretty poor.

The miroku guns are indeed very nice. I haven't heard much about the spanish guns except that they can usually be bought at very low prices.

Weagle
Posted By: gator749 Re: Charles Daly O/U?. - 04/15/07
I made the mistake of buying a Spanish Charles Daly SXS about 6 years ago. It looked great, but was a real POS. You almost had to break it over your knee to get it open and it would misfire. I sent it back to Daly under warranty and when they returned it 3 months later it was not fixed and had a dent in a barrel! They then refused to look at it again as the warranty had just expired! Luckily, it was a Davidson's gun and Davidson swapped it out for a new Daly at no charge (except their dealer's $40 transfer fee). Since the new one exhibited the same traits as the old one, I swapped it at a gun show for a nice 1100 20ga. At this point, you could not give me a Charles Daly as I consider the company to be borderline crooks selling junk. Some of the older Mikoru's, sold under the same name but VERY different management, should be fine.
Posted By: Raj Re: Charles Daly O/U?. - 04/20/07
Weagle and Gator749,thanks for your replies.Gives me an idea what to steer clear off.
Posted By: weagle Re: Charles Daly O/U?. - 04/20/07
The Charles Daly model to look for is the one that is marked Made by Miroku of Japan. It's basically the same gun that they make for Browning as the citori. Most of the Charles Daly guns will have better wood and engraving that the early citoris though. Here's one I recently sold in the classifieds:

Weagle

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire