Home
Posted By: high_country_ browning bss grade 2's - 01/11/10
any browning bss fans out there? I have a couple and just started thinking....these things are 30-40 years old now. must be getting to be worth sumtin.
Posted By: Bay_Dog Re: browning bss grade 2's - 01/13/10
20's are worth more than the 12's. Regular field grade guns go for between 1k & 2k depending on condition.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: browning bss grade 2's - 01/19/10
My is one of the originals without the barrel selector.
.20 ga with 26" tubes. I love the thing!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: orion03 Re: browning bss grade 2's - 01/19/10
Did they make any with a splinter forearm?
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: browning bss grade 2's - 01/19/10
Nice looking guns, I like SXS's however those were made by the japs.

[Linked Image]

I used to want beavertail forends but now I prefer splinters. To each his own.

[Linked Image]

Ugartechea Model 228 20ga Sidelock 1,125.00

http://www.gunbroker.com/
Posted By: battue Re: browning bss grade 2's - 01/20/10
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Nice looking guns, I like SXS's however those were made by the japs.

Yes they were, and those particular Japs knew how and had the skills to make a good shotgun. If I'm not mistaken that same factory made the Parker Reproductions. They were made of such high quality that parts were interchangeable with the originals. Have you checked the collector desirability and prices on them lately?

So what were you saying?
I like mine, it is a straight stock with the beaver forend. kills chukar like that is it's job.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: battue Re: browning bss grade 2's - 01/22/10
Very Nice. First straight grip one I've seen.
I have a regular bss also that I hunt with alot. I am really becoming a fan.....a bit heavy, but questioning quality seems to be a nonissue.
Posted By: battue Re: browning bss grade 2's - 01/23/10
The Browning BSS is a shotgun often used for sxs events in sporting clays. The reason is they will take a lot of shooting and keep on going when others that cost more have recurrent problems.

Weight is an advantage when one shoots a lot of rounds. However, you can backbore the barrels and they can become quite responsive for field use. A couple ounces off the the barrels and things change as far as balance. The BSS is a fine sxs.

© 24hourcampfire