Home
Posted By: 35 Browning BPS Grade III value ? - 02/21/10
I recently acquired a Browning BPS Grade III in 12 ga. with a 28" barrel with Inv. Plus chokes.
It has a silver engraved receiver with ducks and pheasants and a gold trigger. It has oil finished grade III wood. It is as new except for a few storage scratches on the top of the receiver.
My Blue Book doesn`t list this model.
Does anyone have a current Blue Book that shows this model?
What are the values?

Thanks, Dennis

[Linked Image]
Funny you should post this now; I bought a BPS Grade III in 16 ga w/ a 26" barrel this past week (standard invector tubes). It is not in my 30th Edition Blue Book either; but I know the 16 ga was only offered in 2008 (not sure about the 12 ga). When the 16 ga was offered it listed for $100.00 more than the standard grade 16 ga. The one I bought is LNIB (previously owned) but in mint condition - I paid $600.00 for it - it looks identical to the 12 gauge in your photo above.
Posted By: 35 Re: Browning BPS Grade III value ? - 02/22/10
Wanna trade? smile smile
Thanks for your kind offer 35, but think I'll stick with what I bought - been wanting another 16 gauge since I had one as a teenager (still have some old Sears/Ted Williams purple 16 gauge shells in the shed). I have a BPS Upland 20 gauge and a BPS "NWTF edition" 12 gauge turkey gun (bought it new last month). The 16 looks nice (gotta like the Grade III extra's), fills a spot in my shotgun battery, and most important, scratches a very old itch!
The trade suggestion was in jest.
Although I think my next shotgun will be a BPS in 16 ga.
I`ve been wanting one for a while.
I couldn`t pass up the Grade III 12ga.,it was a steal.
I knew it was a jest, and I sure didn't get a steal on mine like it sound like you did. The store I was in had several new 16 gauge BPS's, in the Upland and Hunter configurations. The Upland had a 26" barrel, strange length to me for an Upland style gun; would have chosen a 22" or 24" with a straight grip stock. The Hunter model had 26" & 28" barrels and a pistol grip stock, it balanced nicely.
Odessa,

Do you know if your gun shop has anymore new or used Grade III 16 gauges?
A guy over at shotgun world is looking for one.
The one I bought was the only one I saw in 16 gauge. He did have a 20 gauge DU gun that looked just like a Grade III, but it had a DU serial number on it - banquet gun I would guess.
© 24hourcampfire