Home
Posted By: PennDog Remington Model 11 - 02/23/12
I picked up a Remington Model 11 in 20 gauge that has a Cutts Compensator installed.....my question is did remington ever install Cutts on field models? I know they did on some Model 11's that were used by the military.....but I have found nothing that suggests they did on field models. The reason I ask is the gun is 98-99% and I can't imagine going to the trouble of installing one of these and then not using it(I guess extenuating circumstances could dictate otherwise)....any way and insight would be appreciated!

PennDog
Posted By: RufusG Re: Remington Model 11 - 02/23/12
I don't know an absolute answer, but you might look for a choke marking on the barrel. Remington put Cutts on Model 31 pump guns at the factory after WWII, I had one, and when they did that there was no choke marked on the barrel.
Posted By: PennDog Re: Remington Model 11 - 02/24/12
Thanks RufusG - that makes sense, I'll take a look!
Posted By: C_Hell Re: Remington Model 11 - 02/24/12
I've always wanted a remington model 11 20 gauge. You should post some pictures if you would.? please
Posted By: PennDog Re: Remington Model 11 - 02/24/12
I will as soon as I can.....it is a beauty!

PennDog
Posted By: PennDog Re: Remington Model 11 - 02/26/12
Well I finally had a chance to look and no choke was marked on the barrel, so maybe it was factory.....I'll continue to do some more investigation.

Did take a couple of pictures though smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: C_Hell Re: Remington Model 11 - 02/26/12
Wow that is a nice clean looking model 11 I woulda snatched that one up too
Posted By: Redneck Re: Remington Model 11 - 02/27/12
Looks like it's in beautiful condition.. Congrats..
Posted By: AJD Re: Remington Model 11 - 03/05/12
I have one that was my Grandaddy's. He purchased it after coming home from WWI. A lot of great memories with that one. A fine shotgun.

Yours looks like a dandy. His was also a 20, with a 26" IC ribbed barrel. I always shot it better than any other shotgun.

I hope you have good huntin with yours.
Posted By: Magnum_Man Re: Remington Model 11 - 03/05/12
Nice score and great cond. I have 2 M11 12ga.s both solid ribbed one a 30" full and the other a 32" full. Try to make atleast 1 hunt a fall with ea. Magnum Man
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Remington Model 11 - 03/07/12
Nice Model 11. I've long wanted one in 20 ga. Mine, a 12 ga. is a fine old shotgun that I enjoy hunting with.
Posted By: C_Hell Re: Remington Model 11 - 03/07/12
I saw a model 11 12 gauge at a pawn store for 300 bucks price was negotiable. Probably could have got him down 50 bucks or so. Is that a reasonable price?
© 24hourcampfire