Home
Posted By: RipSnort Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/16/12
What are the differences between these two shotgun models? Is the M2 considered an "improved" M1?

Thanks, RS
Most of it is cosmetic. I would say in my opinion no it is not an improved M1.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/23/12
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Most of it is cosmetic. I would say in my opinion no it is not an improved M1.

I have both. I have a H&K super 90. One is a 24" barrel and the M2 has a 26" barrel. M1 has mobil chokes the M2 has crio chokes . The trigger group on the M1 is metal the M2 has some sort of engineered plastic. I personally like the trigger better on the M1 much much nicer.
Oldelkhunter I have owned several M2's and have let all them go. The M1 is the model that broke the mold as far as I am concerned.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/23/12
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Oldelkhunter I have owned several M2's and have let all them go. The M1 is the model that broke the mold as far as I am concerned.

I went backwards when I bought my 2. I fired my buddies m1 and hit everything I aimed at , absolutely loved everything about the gun. I told him that day that if he ever considered selling it to put me at the top of the list. A while went by and figuring he would not sell it I bought the M2. A few months ago he told me the M1 was available. It was sold in less then a minute.
Posted By: duckster Re: Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/24/12
Are there other barrels available for the M2, either from Benelli or any aftermarket makers?
Posted By: Darryle Re: Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/26/12
No aftermarket barrels, just from Benelli, but be prepared for sticker shock........ whoa
Posted By: duckster Re: Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/26/12
I figured. It has the 28 inch tube with chokes, but was just curious.
Posted By: Darryle Re: Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/26/12
I have both in 20ga and the M2 in 12ga, buddy has a M1 12ga, I have tried to get him to trade me straight up 12 for 12 and he refuses, even though he doesn't shoot it much.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/27/12
Originally Posted by Orphanedcowboy
I have both in 20ga and the M2 in 12ga, buddy has a M1 12ga, I have tried to get him to trade me straight up 12 for 12 and he refuses, even though he doesn't shoot it much.

I could like a M2 in 20 gauge grin
Posted By: jwill350 Re: Benelli M1 vs. M2 ??? - 12/27/12
Yessir, those 20 ga M2's are super nice.
© 24hourcampfire